Adamc1776
Conscript

Can't start the game!

Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:23 am

Just got my copy and loaded it successfully, entered my code... then went to start the game. Got a message that says BoA.exe has an error... windows is closing this program. Program will have to be restarted.

I have removed and reinstalled the game twice now and I got the same results.

A friend suggested that the disk I got might be corrupted...

Pocus

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:16 pm

if the game installs sucessfully, then BOA.exe is not corrupted. This must comes from a driver or something like that. I would need all the files in the Birth of america\BOA\logs directory, your DxDiag file and your serial key. Send them at support@ageod.com please.

To have a DxDiag file, click on the Windows Start button, then Execute, type DxDiag. Follow the tests and then save to a file.

Thanks in advance,
Philippe Malacher.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Adamc1776
Conscript

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:24 pm

Pocus wrote:if the game installs sucessfully, then BOA.exe is not corrupted. This must comes from a driver or something like that. I would need all the files in the Birth of america\BOA\logs directory, your DxDiag file and your serial key. Send them at support@ageod.com please.

To have a DxDiag file, click on the Windows Start button, then Execute, type DxDiag. Follow the tests and then save to a file.

Thanks in advance,
Philippe Malacher.

Well I guess that means I'll have to reinstall the game do this agian save the stuf and email it to you. The computer its intended for is not conected to the internet.

looke for the email tomorrow.

Pocus

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:01 pm

as long as all the files I need come from the computer where you are trying to play, you can save them on a USB key and send send them by mail from another computer, no problems.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Adamc1776
Conscript

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:06 pm

That is my intention.

Pocus

Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:54 am

I answered you Adam. Your 8 mb video card is far below the minimum specifications. See my mail for details.

Return to “BoA Technical support / Aide technique”