Ebbingford

Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:24 pm

Playing as Austria, long campaign.
Just had the following error message followed by a crash to the main menu during turn processing.

THost.GrantGHQStackBonus Exception caught: Violation d'accès à l'adresse 0041BF79 dans le module 'ROP.exe'. Lecture de l'adresse 000006EC

Save attached if needed.

Edit.... I have just reloaded the turn that I have attached here and it has processed OK this time around. I didn't change anything from the one that crashed, only loaded and hit "next turn" to see if it did it again, it didn't..
Attachments
crash.rar
(560.23 KiB) Downloaded 267 times

Pocus

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:01 pm

I'll check if I get it on my side.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:37 pm

It is mentioned in thread also by other people as the Pirna event making no sense and it needs some house rules to overcome. Unfortunately no response for the posts. If you have the time I will I'll appreciate a solution.

Regards.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=19909

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=20090

Pocus

Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:16 pm

Ebbingford wrote:Playing as Austria, long campaign.
Just had the following error message followed by a crash to the main menu during turn processing.

Save attached if needed.

Edit.... I have just reloaded the turn that I have attached here and it has processed OK this time around. I didn't change anything from the one that crashed, only loaded and hit "next turn" to see if it did it again, it didn't..

I did not get it. I know of this bug in fact, it is around since some time, but it is never reproducible and rather rare, so very difficult to pin down. Sorry.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pocus

Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:17 pm

Baris wrote:It is mentioned in thread also by other people as the Pirna event making no sense and it needs some house rules to overcome. Unfortunately no response for the posts. If you have the time I will I'll appreciate a solution.

Regards.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=19909

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=20090

I believe PhilThib is doing a check on some events (I do the code, not historical data) but as you know, there is the Paradox Convention next week, so a patch won't be out before the last days of January I believe.

Hohenlohe

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:13 am

Dear Pocus, what can you tell us about the probability of the next official patch...??

greetings

Hohenlohe
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Pocus

Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:25 pm

I'll see with Philippe what he has gathered as events and databases fixes on his side. What are the bugs you know about in the current version of ROP, I often fixes bugs that help several games in the series, so I'm unsure I had specific fixes to do on ROP before assembling a new patch.

Hohenlohe

Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:54 pm

Pocus wrote:I'll see with Philippe what he has gathered as events and databases fixes on his side. What are the bugs you know about in the current version of ROP, I often fixes bugs that help several games in the series, so I'm unsure I had specific fixes to do on ROP before assembling a new patch.

Related to the Bugs ingame I know nothing more than Baris, so it seems okay to do the necessary and publish the new Patch as soon as possible.

greetings

Hohenlohe
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:49 pm

Hohenlohe wrote:Related to the Bugs ingame I know nothing more than Baris, so it seems okay to do the necessary and publish the new Patch as soon as possible.

greetings

Hohenlohe

I think fort batteries: field art replacement to heavy artilery replacement can effect other games as well ,also as replacements costs. Ebbingford mentioned it before. There is high amount of heavy artilery replacements for every factions most of the time but no field artilery. Regular artilery in the main armies stacks can stay depleted.

Not effecting other games: elite replacement in the ledger can give two replacements to justify the EP spent. Also a cavalry depot bns can be added to especially Prussian side. Other then that I think some minor nations such as Brunswick can never built elite depot bns.
Those are the important ones I think about,but nothing game breaking.

Ebbingford

Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:17 pm

Brunswick can build elite infantry depot bns. They appear about the same time as the Hesse ones, you have to wait a while before they become available. ;)

I have noticed an AGE engine bug with the latest patches, I've seen it in RoP and WIA, it concerns the besieged icon vanishing when the region is pillaged.

Anazagar
Lieutenant

Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:56 pm

palatinate cant build any depot btns for the austiran side and brunshwieg and hessen can't build elite infantry depot bns (at least as of 2nd turn of 58 campaign - so if you could shed some light on when do they becom available i would be grateful).

Ebbingford

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:25 pm

Anazagar wrote:palatinate cant build any depot btns for the austiran side and brunshwieg and hessen can't build elite infantry depot bns (at least as of 2nd turn of 58 campaign - so if you could shed some light on when do they becom available i would be grateful).

I can't remember :(

I think it must be at least a year into the full campaign game :)

Pocus

Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:02 pm

Ahem. Sorry guys ... we are busy with the PON manual, so either I wrap you an 'EXE' only patch with latest code (but I don't see any aggravating bug to fix anyway), or you wait a fortnight (or a bit more) or so and you'll get some database and historical events fixes.

lightsfantastic
Colonel

Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:08 pm

Fortnight.

Sol Invictus

Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:06 pm

No rush as far as I'm concerned.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

ashandresash
Captain

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:51 pm

I think 15 days is something reasonable if we're getting better historical events and corrections in databases. :thumbsup:

Hohenlohe

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:23 pm

Good sofar, its better to use the necessary time...

greetings

Hohenlohe...:smoke:
R.I.P. Henry D.

Narwhal

Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:54 pm

Two typos you might want to correct :

- When in January 1758, you buy the English reinforcement, it writes the following message when the English arrive :

"You received large British Reinforcements in Bremmen" It should be Bremen, and use the opportunity to get rid of the capital R at Reinforcement.

- The Sankt Petersburg Fortress is called "Fortess" (no r), so it should be corrected.

Franciscus

Button to exit battle report not working ?

Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:37 am

is it just me or the "confirm" button to click and exit battle report (see pic) is not working ?

The only way to exit a battle report is pressing Esc key.

The same "confirm" button does not work in other places, for instance when selecting the name of a new game (Enter key works)

This on a fresh install, directly patched to 1.03RC4

Regards
Attachments
can't exit battle report.jpg

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:48 pm

Anazagar wrote:palatinate cant build any depot btns for the austiran side and brunshwieg.

In GP There are HRE troops in both Nuremberg and Rostock, most of them appear as depleted. It needs much effort to replenish them with Dept bns when they appear(Elite bns are very rare). Wüttemberg does not have replacement bns available for construction elite or regular bns.

didnt saw a river blockade tooltip when bateaux near the port of the enemy fort. It says you need 8 elements to blockade with or without large number of bateaux.
It seems crowded bateaux force doesnt take damage from forts bombardment, they also doesnt take bombardment damage from big entrenched armies stationed near a river.

Narwhal

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:38 pm

Handful of bugs with Bateaux :

- Austrian Bateaux keep passing just in front in Dresden and Torgau. There is a bombardement phase, but no one ever receive any damage. Are my fixed guns useless ?

- Austrian Bateaux are "blocking" Wesel port, but there is no icon (my food still goes down). I think it is the same with all ports.

- Maybe not a bug, my Prussian Bateaux this time keeps bringing new troops in Königsberg while avoiding all the Swedish / Russian fleets along the way. Maybe I was lucky, maybe the intercept does not work.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:07 pm

Some garrison units starts with one experience or get experience while garrisoning, and each turn they got a probability chance to become elite units. IMHO maybe they shouldnt have the experience or doesnt get experience automatically.

When a regular infantry model become elite they can not be merged(when they lost elements) with the identical type of infantry that has become elite also. Maybe because there is not a model for construction of that type.

Also I think it will be better to increase the experience threshold for line infantry to become elite. Because there is high probability for elite units those doesnt lose elements stay depleted for lack of elite replacements even there is regular replacements.

Hohenlohe

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:41 am

Baris wrote:Some garrison units starts with one experience or get experience while garrisoning, and each turn they got a probability chance to become elite units. IMHO maybe they shouldnt have the experience or doesnt get experience automatically.

When a regular infantry model become elite they can not be merged(when they lost elements) with the identical type of infantry that has become elite also. Maybe because there is not a model for construction of that type.

Also I think it will be better to increase the experience threshold for line infantry to become elite. Because there is high probability for elite units those doesnt lose elements stay depleted for lack of elite replacements even there is regular replacements.

That looks like the similar problem in RUS. It could be eventually a engine-problem or such else. But in another way it is something positive for me as a Prussian that I need no Training_officer for some garrisons...*grin*

greetings

Hohenlohe
R.I.P. Henry D.

Pocus

Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:04 pm

There was a bug on experience acquired in battle, not sure ROP had it.

For the rest, in all games since quite some time, any unit can gain a bit of xp each turn, until it reaches level 1... And if the said unit has a Train Upgrade specification, then this one level of experience can be sufficient (with some luck) to trigger it. Although I would find strange that a garrison changes to elite, this would be a database error.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:16 pm

No it is not about experience acquired in battle Hohenlohe.

[ATTACH]14665[/ATTACH]

Ex: Line inf garrison in Eger Fortress starts the game with 1 experince in each element of a unit. In my games they usually convert to Elite one by one in just few turns.

In ROP most of the elements can convert from militia to elite by experience.

IMHO either a database change (Garrisons can be formed by militia; to receive non-line inf replacements or elite after longer time ) or a code change about the probability of 1 star to convert line inf to Elite.

I highly suggest code change about probability chance of 1 star "line to elite " it should be much much lower :) . This way games can last a little close to historical end date. In Rus and Acw possible to buy elite anytime but not in Rop.
Attachments
Aus garrison.jpg

Pocus

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:35 am

Can't do that sorry. The game don't work like that... Each element gets one xp per turn, until a maximum level is reached (which is 1 for ROP).

And then, if you have at least 1 level of experience, there is a small chance that you convert to your 'Train Upgrade'. Here, it seems the train upgrade of militias are elite, which is a bit weird for me...

So, no code change, but database change...

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:07 pm

No worries , hardly a problem for the game :)
As for database change ,only Garrisons in Prag and Eger fort had 1 star experience line inf garrisons at the start of GP from Aus game. Thanks.

Ebbingford

Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:42 pm

Each element gets one xp per turn, until a maximum level is reached (which is 1 for ROP).

It doesn't seem to be working like this though. The units keep gaining experience so they constantly upgrade without doing anything.
Militia are going all the way to elite through several upgrades.
See my post here http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?p=176167#post176167

Innocent Beard
Civilian

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:26 am

Hello.

This is my first post. If RoP is good, I'll be getting PoN.
Will be playing the RoP for the first time in my life.
Just opened it, found it was at 1.0. Updated it to 1.02.
However, now I am wondering if I need to get 1.03RC4.
What's your opinion? Remember, I have never played the game before.

Also, the auto-update from the game launcher does NOT work.
And clicking update from within the game simply opens this forum.

Finally, the Paradox forum information is horribly outdated.
The essential files thread there says 1.01e is the latest patch.

Thanks.

BigDuke66
General

Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:20 am

Welcome aboard!
I don't see why you shouldn't start with the latest beta patch, it's already a release candidate.
Benefits are that you can use the improvements made by the patch and also you can give feedback here regarding the patch. That's what I did when I started my first game of RoP.
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

Return to “Help to improve RoP”