How did you first know about AGEod games

I saw an AGEod game in a shop (Walmart, Virgin, etc.)
11%
I read a game review on a website (please tell us which one)
18%
I read a post in a forum (please tell us which one)
33%
I read a game review in a magazine (please tell us which one)
11%
A friend told me about it in real life
4%
A friend told me about it on the internet
4%
I saw a member signature in an internet forum
1%
I clicked on an advertising banner on a website (please tell us which one)
1%
I saw an AGEod game in a webshop (Amazon, NWS, ect)
9%
I was doing a keyword search through Internet
8%

Total votes: 178
jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:44 pm

There's till a possibility not enlisted in the pool "answer" selection!

I'm in love with Napoleons Age games: PC and boardgames!
So, sometimes I search the net or net game sellers database: the keyword was Napoleon........Napoleon's Campaign the result!

Note:
interesting titles as "Crown of Glory" and "Empires in Arms" did ever were evidenced in my searching for Napoleons related titles.........
KEYWORLDS are to be selected with care by publishers too!

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:54 pm

Indeed, nice input.

Option added to the poll.

Thanks,

Korrigan
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

truth is life
Conscript

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:36 pm

I first heard about AGEOD over on Paradox, really about the time that they agreed to publish RoP (I think). I looked over here, and you guys looked pretty interesting, but I didn't actually register here or buy any of your games until just now.

Pocus

Thu May 27, 2010 10:55 am

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

GillinghamFC
Conscript

Thu May 27, 2010 11:58 am

I read about AGEOD on paradox forums (I had HOI2 and EU3 from Paradox) and I got interested in the WIA and AACW games at about the time RoP came out. There were some money off offers for Paradox people but I probably would have been interested anyway.

Cindel5
Conscript

Thu May 27, 2010 12:52 pm

I was in my local Best Buy looking for a game and found AACW. Obviously the force was with me since I doubt I would luck out like that again.

hgilmer
Captain

Thu May 27, 2010 1:25 pm

I became acquainted with AGEOD through the Matrix forums.

Fastsnake
Major

Thu May 27, 2010 7:56 pm

I became acquainted to Ageod when I simply make a search for a real consistent game about WWI. :)

beatoangelico
Private

Thu May 27, 2010 9:24 pm

first read about AGEOD in an italian mainstream PC games magazine: it was the one page review of BoA :D I thought "hey nice map" but it ended there. Then I seriously got involved when AGEOD was bought by paradox and the first stuff about RoP come out in the paradox forum.

Tecnócrata
Conscript

Thu May 27, 2010 9:37 pm

Does Great Invasions count? AGEOD did not exist at the time, but...
[SIZE="3"][font="Book Antiqua"]I told you that we'll meet again here. The Place Where There Is No Darkness.[/font][/size]

kingtaso01
Private

Thu May 27, 2010 11:45 pm

Well, I ws walking in an fnac in Madrid and saw the last copy of AGEOD AACW on the stand, and I said to myself:

"I've never played a good American Civil war game, and that one looks pretty good, plus it's the last copy so it MUST be good"

And then I bought it

SAS
Corporal

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:01 pm

Saw my first on GamersGate.

Templer
General

Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:55 am

I read a game review on a website.
I was looking for a good game for the period of the American Civil War.
I read all the reviews I found on the web at this time.

And I am an found an exceptionally good game about the American Civil War by AGEOD.
I can´t really remember the name of the game. :D
Greetings
Templer

nadia911
Corporal

Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:59 pm

I read a post in a forum (please tell us which one)

http://www.puntadelanza.net/Foro/phpBB3/

Narwhal

Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:30 am

When Paradox acquired you, I took notice of AGEod. Bought WiA which looked simple on a promotion. Then bought RoP because WiA was good :)

Hohenlohe

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:42 am

I found a post related to BOA at the Matrix Games Forum and then I become a stout member of the AGEOD community as I really love these historical games. It was around the time as BOA was released.

greetings

Hohenlohe :coeurs:
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

nats
Conscript

Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:00 pm

Saw ACW demo on Steam and played it.

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:25 am

There should be an "other" option. I pirated AACW because I was looking for a new ACW game to replace Civil War Generals 2 in my library. Typed "American Civil War" into thepiratebay and found AACW. Played it for a bit, tried to patch it, realized I'm not a poor college student anymore, bought it and haven't looked back since. Never heard of AGEOD before I pirated it, even though I played Steel Panthers and visited Matrix games from time to time.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:39 am

First time I heard about must be in an old french magazine, Cyberstratege or PC4WAR, don't remember.

frgo
Private

Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:55 pm

J'ai découvert Ageod sur le forum de Strategium alliance.
Mon premier essai avait été avec World War One gold mais ça n'a pas été un franc succès (je n'ai pas réussit à accrocher) puis ayant appris que ce n'était pas un jeu sur le moteur maison et ayant éprouvé de plus en plus d’intérêt en m'occupant de traduire les carnets de dev de Pride of Nations (dont j'attends la sortie avec impatience) pour strategium, je me suis décidé à essayer avec Revolution Under Siege et j'ai adoré :coeurs:

Ramseur
Private

Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:13 pm

I came to AGEOD because I loved Scourge of War which is brilliant and joined an online league but work made me realise I did not have time to commit to the team and resigned my brigade. I still play SOW when I am not playing AGEOD.

As a result of playing SOW I met guys who told me about AACW and I went and bought it on their recommendations.

As a result of playing AACW, I went on and bought RUS and am now learning the history of that time period which is actually quite fascinating.

All of them were downloaded and paid for over the internet.

I also own HOI3 but have only glanced at it.

Am looking forward to the next RuS patch so I can restart the full campaign.

ashandresash
Captain

Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:44 pm

I came here from Paradox forums. It was there the first time I heard about ageod, and I made some research in forums. If I didn't bought anything then it was because of American not my favourite scenario (WiA, AACW... and NPC and WWI had not so-good reviews).

Consequently my first ageod game was RoP. And well, now I own almost your whole catalogue including RUS :love:

Lewis Armistead
Conscript

Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:39 pm

I also heard about AGEOD from the Paradox forums.

Mortar
Sergeant

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:25 am

Saw AACW in a game stop, haven't seen it anywhere since. what luck!

John Sedgwick
Colonel

Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:41 am

I can't remember how I first heard about AGEod's games, my memory's very foggy. I believe I saw Rise of Prussia first on Gamers Gate or on the Paradox website, but paid it only passing attention. Then I saw Pride of Nations featured at paradoxplaza.com, and I got really excited, thinking it looked even better than Victoria (the first one - Victoria II didn't live up to my high expectations), so I checked out AGEod's website, thought, "hey these guys look like my kinda game developers!", then promptly filed it away in my head for future reference. Then I read The Wargamer's review of AACW, which I found on Matrix Games, tried it, loved it, and bought it direct from AGEod. And now I'm a rabid fan! I plan on buying pretty much every game, as soon as my budget allows.
"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

stardustwebcams
Civilian

AGEOD in general, Wargames, Boardgames, etc.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:16 am

I first heard about AGEOD over on Paradox, really about the time that they agreed to publish RoP (I think). I looked over here, and you guys looked pretty interesting, but I didn't actually register here or buy any of your games until just now. :w00t:

stardustwebcams
Civilian

Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:18 pm

My story once very similar to Evren's, only happened about eight months earlier. Please don't judge me either, please.. :)

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:57 pm

Evren wrote:My story about the game is pathetic i guess. I saw about the ACW in a game site like ign or gamespot (one of the two, i can't exactly remember which) in november 2007, and it was a preview actually. And if i'm not wrong, it wrote that the game was to be published (probably in the US market) so i decided to wait. :tournepas

I wrote a player review in 2010 to Gamespot about Rise of Prussia that they still didnt review the game. :( And as they have reviews for all Paradox games so why they didn't review "Pride of nations" still :confused: It will definetely help if they make review for the game, Paradox should definetely make some lobby with game review websites.

Hundane
Civilian

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:20 pm

Heard about AGEOD games via Paradox forums.

stardustwebcams
Civilian

AGEOD in general, Wargames, Boardgames, etc...

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:18 am

I read about AGEOD on paradox forums and I got interested in the WIA and AACW games at about the time RoP came out. There were some money off offers for Paradox people but I probably would have been interested anyway.

Return to “General discussions”