:bonk:

Never mind. Wrong beta patch.
Attachments
BackupSave.zip
(2.22 MiB) Downloaded 220 times

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:54 am

are you sure its the latest beta? then how come :blink: you dont need any other unit you already have super unit(13000 cohesion :)

Well i think as this game has a little smaller geography than american civil war game(more concentrated cities or forts i guess) maybe its not necessary to build forts or fortified camps. But without the knowledge of Entrenching levels in rise of prussia i saw that its maximum value is 2 with artilery in game. as i read the wiki of american civl war game it says it can go up to 8 or something and adds that defence is powerful,does this mean to play defensively not important in rise of prussia or is it for game balance?or for historical accuracy?(im still trying to understand game mechanics) maybe it can be better at if we raise to up to 3 or 4 maximum so the units defending a region will be more effective in combat in expense of wasting precious turns.

Hohenlohe

Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:55 am

PhilThib wrote:In your opinion, what do you think that a player should 'expend' to build a fortified camp: like in WIA, 1 gun + 1supply unit ? :cool:

Because it is already the case, the only thing that prevents this is the lack of proper special order button (currently disabled) :D

1)I suggest costs for the fortified camp like 1 supply and 1 gun...

2)simply using the fort building button...my six pence...

greetings

Hohenlohe
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Hohenlohe

Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:57 am

squarian wrote: :bonk:

Pay no attention to the village idiot.

Whom do you mean with that phrase...??? :confused:

Hohenlohe :(
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Pocus

Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:32 pm

squarian wrote: :bonk:

Is it possible that something is wrong with units gaining cohesion and replacements in the latest beta (1.03 b4)? I've had newly-bought units sitting at nil strength for turns, other units at nil cohesion for turns despite being fully supplied and in passive mode. Save attached.

That's surprising you still have a bug, as I fixed one in this portion of the code. Can you tell me what is the unit I should look at in your saved game, that don't gain cohesion?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

squarian
Brigadier General

Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:50 pm

Pocus wrote:That's surprising you still have a bug, as I fixed one in this portion of the code. Can you tell me what is the unit I should look at in your saved game, that don't gain cohesion?

Thanks Pocus, but I was just momentarily confused and had the wrong beta - 3 instead of 4. I'm starting another test game now, but since no one else is reporting a cohesion problem with beta 4 I expect all will be well.

squarian
Brigadier General

Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:40 pm

baris30 wrote:militia to regular inf exchange(replacements) is not working...

I agree - using 1.03 beta 4 (really!) and so far, no change to inf/militia replacement totals.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:54 pm

in the attachment engineer unit have some strange experience number, when i load the game numbers become normal but after few turns it shows some strange numbers again.
Attachments
ROP 2010-07-13 20-28-43-10 engineer level.jpg

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:02 pm

After construction mode selected when i look at the unit panel of sapper, all infantry and cavalry units shows sapper special ability in their unit panel and also in their construction mode.
Attachments
ROP 2010-07-13 20-42-25-08 engineer.jpg

Bertram

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:39 am

Hi Baris -
I reported that earlier - in construction mode the system does not remove the special abilities icon displayed. So each unit you view after a unit with special abilities will also show (but not have) that special abilitie - until you view a unit with an other special ability - then that special ability will be shown.
This also happens when you view a unit with special abilities in the main screen, and then go to the construction mode.

I am sure it is on the "to do " list :D

Pocus

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:40 am

Indeed yes, this should be fixed for the next patch, but thanks for the report!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:41 am

Hi Bertram, i found by looking at portraits of units,firstly i thought it can be the product of my faulty old ram :) (one pair of the ram has big problems). maybe it give checksum or whatever error after the turn process. then i checked again. its a minor issue. and thanks Pocus.

Ebbingford

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:51 pm

Hohenlohe wrote:Whom do you mean with that phrase...??? :confused:

Hohenlohe :(

Not you. :)

Ebbingford

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:35 pm

This has already been mentioned elsewhere by someone :thumbsup: , but just thought I'd put it here as well.
The Cossacks are still made of "cavalry" elements and not "raiders" like it says for the beta 3 patch notes.

PhilThib

Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:11 pm

Can you check the models in the DB, I have $famRaider for all three of them :bonk:

Gray_Lensman

Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:32 pm

deleted

squarian
Brigadier General

Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:52 pm

I'm running a test game under 1.03 beta 4, campaign 56-63. As Grey says, the Units DB gives the family as raiders, but nevertheless Cossacks seem not to be drawing raider replacements, rather cavalry - when I've moved things ahead further and have more data I'll report and post savegame.

Ebbingford

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:40 pm

The long campaign I just looked at the Cossack unit that is on the map at turn 1. It is made up of light cavalry elements, not raiders. ( I have also deleted the modelscached file, thinking that might be still giving them as cavalry, but when I restarted the game and loaded up a new campaign they are still cavalry.)

PhilThib

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:18 pm

For the stuff to work, you need to 'destroy' the model cached file...and only then restart the campaign :cool:

squarian
Brigadier General

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:45 pm

PhilThib wrote:For the stuff to work, you need to 'destroy' the model cached file...and only then restart the campaign :cool:

If this is not what Phil means, someone is going to have to give me explicit instructions, but I suppose a clean install will work:

1. save ongoing games to another directory

2. uninstall ROP.

3. defrag

4. install ROP & latest patch (1.04 beta 4).

Alternatives??

dooya

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:52 pm

squarian wrote:If this is not what Phil means, someone is going to have to give me explicit instructions, but I suppose a clean install will work:

1. save ongoing games to another directory

2. uninstall ROP.

3. defrag

4. install ROP & latest patch (1.04 beta 4).

Alternatives??
I think that PhilThib talks about deleting the models.cached file. The file can be found in the folder "...\Rise of Prussia\ROP\GameData\Models". If this file is not present when the ROP starts it will be rebuild, I guess.

To be on the save side, you might just rename the file instead of deleting it. Then you can go back if something does not work...
No quote - No bullshit!

Bertram

Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:24 am

But you can't delete this file and resume a game I think.... (not when the file is changed). The unit data as saved in turn files would not match the data file - which would lead to data errors and corrupted files.

Ebbingford

Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:46 am

I have just loaded up the 1760 campaign to look at the cossacks. On the first turn when I had lots of cavalry replacements none went to cossack units. On the next turn I had 3 raider replacements and 2 of these seemed to go to cossack units, I had 2 messages to say that cossacks had recieved replacements.
I think there is confusion because the cossacks are shown as being made of cavalry elements and not raider elements.

Attachments
1.jpg

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:21 am

I tried campaign 1760 3 days ago, not any replacements for raiders in turn 1,in turn 2 and afterwards i get 3 raider replacemets and many cavalry. cavalry replacements got received by normal cavalry, and after a few turns cossacks got received replacements it said in messega log but i still had 3 raider chits.

PhilThib

Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:31 am

I believe something we should still do is to make the NATO symbol of Cossacks looks like Raiders, but I felt it was more 'correct' (although confusing) to keep them as light cavalry.

The Cossacks (raider) replacement come only in 2 or 3 installment every year, (a big one of 15 and two smaller ones), to represent their historical way of recruiting :)

Pocus

Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:53 pm

patch beta 5

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/temp/Patch_ROP103b5.zip

only the entries flagged as 'beta5' are new:

Rise of Prussia Update 1.03 – beta 5

July 20th 2010

The patch is a comprehensive patch, meaning it can be applied directly over your initial game installation setup version. Beta 3 additions are listed like this: Beta5:

Game logic

* ZOC don’t prevent retreat anymore
* Retreat damages algorithm improved with variables exported for modding (see AGE Wiki)
* It is no longer possible to make a breach with any unit (like cavalry). You now need at least one artillery or engineer element or a unit with a siege ability or a unit/leader with a special trait (‘Breacher’).
* If you are in supply when besieged with at least one supply wagon or a depot, you can only surrender if you fail your discipline test AND you fail a 5% chance to a percentage roll.
* If you are besieged, weaker than the besieger, with a breach in the structure and only in partial supply, then your troop discipline will get a -3 modifier (more chance to surrender).
* Supply can now pass through neutral territory (case of Russian supply in Polish territory).
* You no longer assault structures if you are still moving, you only assault them if you have stopped moving (the region of the structure is your destination or you don't move at all) UNLESS your ROE is also 'all out attack'. Both the assault posture and ROE tooltips have been updated to explain that to the player.
This is to prevent serious problems for the AI that has been observed in several of the AGE games with unexpected assaults from the AI: She wants to assault region X, but in the end it happens she will before assault region Y!
Special Orders Beta5
* You can now build fortified camps at the cost of 1 supply + 1 artillery element
AI

AI will be less aggressive (parameters exported for modding)
AI will regroup better corps with army HQ (‘flocking behavior’)
New AI algorithm: concentrate, can apply to all threatened stacks.
Leaders now redeploy slightly better toward candidate stacks
It is now possible to define an affinity for each leader toward certain stacks (modding)
Fixed: Theaters ratio miscalculated sometime, leading to too aggressive behaviors in some cases.
Thanks to Clovis good work (work done by modding the AI), the AI is now better for winter quartering and objectives assessment.
* the AI now considers the % of light elements (raiders, cavalry) when checking for assaults against a structure, and not just the ratio of power between the defenders and the assaulting force.
Modding & Scripting

Commander in chief class ability added
Prisoners scripts commands added
[font="]
[/font]

Events

Modified error on Prussian general Lolhöffel
Added Clovis' Winter quarters and Balances files for AI
Fixed leaderless Swedish brigade in reinforcement
* Modified the number of Militia replacements added each year, plus an automatic militia into line replacement conversion beyond a certain level (fixed Beta5)
* Removed Bavaria and Wurtemberg Heavy Cav replacement (become now standard)
* Added Supply replacements
Setups

Added some additional annual Heavy Cav replacements for all nations
Removed useless AUS Skirmisher replacements
* Added Naval supply in the Baltic (mostly to assist Russian supply lines) and modified all scenarios accordingly (saves not compatibles)
* Fixed duplicate Dyhern & co (3 brigades) wrongly setup in Alsace in 1756 scenario. These units now appear with the 1757 Event 'Armée La Dauphine' Beta5
DB

Corrected *pillager* attribute to light infantry and cavalry for petty war (Klein Krieg) purpose
fixed bridge on map between Wien and Krems
fixed map links between Tabor, Pisek and Rokitzan
* Added Merchantships (for naval supply)
* Corrected Cossacks families to use Raider replacements (not cavalry)
* Added missing minor river link Between Kolin and Chemlitz
* Modified terrain in Karslbad to be woods, not hills, as per map graphics
* Added Magdeburg, Minden, Wesel and Emden as potential Prussian recruitment centers
* Corrected missing fire damage for Hussars & Carabiniers Beta5
Graphics / Interface

Fixed missing HorseGrenadier Army picture for Russia
Fixed missing images for French Chasseurs de Fisher and Saint-Victor events
* Fixed missing images for Saint-Victor and Fischer French events
* Changed wrong Wedell army pictures
* battle scale is back
* Abilities cleared correctly (graphic glitch) when viewing a model with less abilities than the previous. Beta5
Strings

* Several minor string corrections
* More French leaders bios added
* German language version corrections and additions

Longhairedlout
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:36 pm

Hi Pocus thanks for all your work, is this beta compatible with the last beta 4 for save games.

Ebbingford

Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:20 pm

Ebbingford wrote:I posted this earlier in this thread and it hasn't been fixed in this patch.
The regions of Hunfeld, ID495, and Salzungen, ID 476, are both shown as having roads running through them, but the tooltip says no road.

I don't need to type it again so I'll just quote myself :D

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:40 am

Great thanks :) it is becoming very addictive game and im glad. one minor glitch in battle phase it doesnt show progress bar(red and green) and as a new feature can we see elite type units(as different entry or tab) in the ledger in near future.as there is different tab for light units. to identify faster which unit types needs replacements.

Pocus

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:46 am

Longhairedlout wrote:Hi Pocus thanks for all your work, is this beta compatible with the last beta 4 for save games.

yes.

Ebbingford, send a PM to PhilThib so he don't miss your note. :)

Return to “Help to improve RoP”