Ebbingford

Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:52 pm

Some further info on the Memel supply question. I had to wait until late Jun until any supply got sent to Memel. I then had 1300 from each of the Russian OMB's, Kurland and Rossya.

Ardie
Captain

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:45 am

About replacements:

Bavaria and Wurttemberg receive Heavy Cavalry (famHvyCavalry) replacements which are useless since they are not able to build any heavy cav.

All nations could use supply train replacements (famSupply).

rogs
Sergeant

Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:31 am

waiting for 103 - any idea when it might be out?

btw - like the idea of train replacements!
[SIZE="1"]M. THERESA D.G.R. IMP. HU. BO. REG.
Justitia et Clementia[/size]

Pocus

Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:49 pm

1.03 is already out. Before the end of the week, all games will receive a new beta patch, with ROP targetting 1.04 asap.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

rogs
Sergeant

Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:43 am

Sorry my mistake - i meant the next patch.

thanks for the update.

Edit: Sorry, the AGEOD ROP forum main page and Gamersgate still say 1.02 is the most recent patch - am I missing something?
[SIZE="1"]M. THERESA D.G.R. IMP. HU. BO. REG.

Justitia et Clementia[/size]

Gray_Lensman

Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:51 am

deleted

Pocus

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:57 pm

Ooops right, my mistake ... We are still in 1.03 but beta status ... The next step will be beta 3 thus.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pocus

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:17 pm

Patch beta 3 is up

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/temp/Patch_ROP103b3.zip

Rise of Prussia Update 1.03 – beta 3

June, 24th 2010

The patch is a comprehensive patch, meaning it can be applied directly over your initial game installation setup version. Beta 3 additions are listed like this: Beta3:

Game logic

* ZOC don’t prevent retreat anymore
* Retreat damages algorithm improved with variables exported for modding (see AGE Wiki)
* It is no longer possible to make a breach with any unit (like cavalry). You now need at least one artillery or engineer element or a unit with a siege ability or a unit/leader with a special trait (‘Breacher’).
* If you are in supply when besieged with at least one supply wagon or a depot, you can only surrender if you fail your discipline test AND you fail a 5% chance to a percentage roll.
* If you are besieged, weaker than the besieger, with a breach in the structure and only in partial supply, then your troop discipline will get a -3 modifier (more chance to surrender).
* Supply can now pass through neutral territory (case of Russian supply in Polish territory).
Beta3:
* You no longer assault structures if you are still moving, you only assault them if you have stopped moving (the region of the structure is your destination or you don't move at all) UNLESS your ROE is also 'all out attack'. Both the assault posture and ROE tooltips have been updated to explain that to the player.
This is to prevent serious problems for the AI that has been observed in several of the AGE games with unexpected assaults from the AI: She wants to assault region X, but in the end it happens she will before assault region Y!

AI

AI will be less aggressive (parameters exported for modding)
AI will regroup better corps with army HQ (‘flocking behavior’)
New AI algorithm: concentrate, can apply to all threatened stacks.
Leaders now redeploy slightly better toward candidate stacks
It is now possible to define an affinity for each leader toward certain stacks (modding)
Fixed: Theaters ratio miscalculated sometime, leading to too aggressive behaviors in some cases.
Thanks to Clovis good work (work done by modding the AI), the AI is now better for winter quartering and objectives assessment.
Beta3:
* the AI now considers the % of light elements (raiders, cavalry) when checking for assaults against a structure, and not just the ratio of power between the defenders and the assaulting force.

Modding & Scripting

Commander in chief class ability added
Prisoners scripts commands added
[font="]
[/font]

Events

Modified error on Prussian general Lolhöffel
Added Clovis' Winter quarters and Balances files for AI
Fixed leaderless Swedish brigade in reinforcement
Beta3:
* Modified the number of Militia replacements added each year, plus an automatic militia into line replacement conversion beyond a certain level
* Removed Bavaria and Wurtemberg Heavy Cav replacement (become now standard)
* Added Supply replacements

Setups

Added some additional annual Heavy Cav replacements for all nations
Removed useless AUS Skirmisher replacements
Beta3:

* Added Naval supply in the Baltic (mostly to assist Russian supply lines) and modified all scenarios accordingly (saves not compatibles)

DB

Corrected *pillager* attribute to light infantry and cavalry for petty war (Klein Krieg) purpose
fixed bridge on map between Wien and Krems
fixed map links between Tabor, Pisek and Rokitzan
beta 3
* Added Merchantships (for naval supply)
* Corrected Cossacks families to use Raider replacements (not cavalry)
* Added missing minor river link Between Kolin and Chemlitz
* Modified terrain in Karslbad to be woods, not hills, as per map graphics
* Added Magdeburg, Minden, Wesel and Emden as potential Prussian recruitment centers

Graphics

Fixed missing HorseGrenadier Army picture for Russia
Fixed missing images for French Chasseurs de Fisher and Saint-Victor events
Beta3
* Fixed missing images for Saint-Victor and Fischer French events
* Changed wrong Wedell army pictures

Strings

Beta3
* Several minor string corrections
* More French leaders bios added
* German language version corrections and additions

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:54 pm

great,thanks :)

Longhairedlout
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:51 pm

Yes thank you, me and Baris have got a game going :)

Ebbingford

Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:44 pm

I don't want to sound like a scratched record but the graphic for the British fusilier really should be changed for the next official patch. The present one is just wrong. The same graphic that is being used for the grenadier could be used, at least the head gear would be correct then.

Ebbingford

Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:28 am

Playing as Austria, long campaign. I am on turn 2 and some of my units in and around Prague are showing their cohesion as 66/87 with a recovery of 0.02 per day. :confused:
If I place the units in passive posture then this rockets up to a huge 0.03 per day. :w00t:

Something not quite right here. Save and backup attached if needed.

Edit All of my units are showing a recovery rate of 0.02 per day.
Attachments
slowrecovery.rar
(567.89 KiB) Downloaded 255 times

Ebbingford

Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:36 am

All the unit details still do not fit on the unit panel properly.

Attachments
2.jpg

Ebbingford

Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:43 am

I posted this earlier in this thread and it hasn't been fixed in this patch.
The regions of Hunfeld, ID495, and Salzungen, ID 476, are both shown as having roads running through them, but the tooltip says no road.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:30 am

Ebbingford wrote:Playing as Austria, long campaign. I am on turn 2 and some of my units in and around Prague are showing their cohesion as 66/87 with a recovery of 0.02 per day. :confused:
If I place the units in passive posture then this rockets up to a huge 0.03 per day. :w00t:

Something not quite right here. Save and backup attached if needed.

Edit All of my units are showing a recovery rate of 0.02 per day.

Yes unfortunately its same in prussian side also. 0.02 and 0.03 cohesion recovery in regions with high supply, i looked at cohesion 2 turns ago it was 87 with 0.02 recovery after 3 turns its same(0.02 per turn recovery)

PhilThib

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:04 am

Could you check something else please? Sea how long the construction of new units takes. I know there was a bug there and it has been fixed, but there might be some side effects on cohesion recovery (wild guess) :bonk:

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:23 am

there is also a problem with construction of units,related to cohesion ,militia supposed to train in 30 days, for 4 or 5 turns it doesnt train(0.02 per turn again) in unit pannel it says it will be trained in 14 days,but it doesnt

Ebbingford

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:22 am

The new option to turn 2 Austrian militia replacements into 1 regular does not seem to be working. I selected it when I had 4 miltia replacements and the next turn I still had 4 and no new regular ones.

Pocus

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:49 am

The cohesion bug has been reported in the AACW beta patch, I'll fix it soon.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:27 pm

Ebbingford wrote:The new option to turn 2 Austrian militia replacements into 1 regular does not seem to be working. I selected it when I had 4 miltia replacements and the next turn I still had 4 and no new regular ones.

Yes i can confirm that in the long campaign as the prussian side hannover has 6 line infantry and 5 militia, i selected the 2 militia to line infantry for hannover and for 3 turns the replacement chits remained the same both line inf and militia

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:06 pm

Pocus: Do we play this game with tape and scissors in hand? Are you losing it? L3

Gray_Lensman

Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:25 pm

deleted

Pocus

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:48 pm

Patch beta 4 uploaded, with a fix on cohesion recovery. No changes made in anything related to graphis, the artist being away.

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/temp/Patch_ROP103b4.zip

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:22 pm

Thanks Pocus for your efforts :) cohesion works fine now, 1 or 1.10 a day dependes on region, but regarding to new rule of militia to line infantry exchange,does it work now? because i tested and hannover militia and regular replacemets chits remained the same

Ebbingford

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:08 am

I think there is now a slight display problem.
The brigade in the screenshot below looks like its units have 4, 1, 1, and 1 elements, but each unit in it is actually has 4 elements, see the second screenshot.

All brigades seem to look like this.
Attachments
3.jpg
2.jpg

Pocus

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:35 pm

Can be, I cleaned a lot of old code around element display and perhaps it adversely affected ROP

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:39 pm

militia to regular inf exchange(replacements) is not working...

Pocus

Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:13 pm

display glitch fixed, thanks for the report!

Hohenlohe

Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:56 am

Dear fellows, how much time do you need for the release of the official patch 1.03?? And will it then possible to build Fortified Camps with this patch?
Can I build merchantmen ships and war brigs or even some frigates with the Prussians or even galiots(small galeeres)??
Have you the supply system slightly improved so that it is possible to generate more supply in occupied cities like Prag or such else?
Are the recruitment costs for new units slightly revised aka decreased??

For some purpose I want to have the possibility to expand my operational abilities as Prussia and I think that some naval building available to Sveden,Russia,Prussia, Great Britain and France would be more accurate and will be an improvement of gameplay.
The building of fortified camps available to both sides would be even more historic and accurate and will lead to interesting battles like the historic battles of Bunzelwitz or Maxen. :thumbsup:

greetings

Hohenlohe :love: :coeurs:
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

PhilThib

Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:49 am

In your opinion, what do you think that a player should 'expend' to build a fortified camp: like in WIA, 1 gun + 1supply unit ? :cool:

Because it is already the case, the only thing that prevents this is the lack of proper special order button (currently disabled) :D

Return to “Help to improve RoP”