Pocus

ROP (public beta) patch 1.03 (beta 7 updated September 30)

Mon May 17, 2010 5:04 pm

Dear players,

Here is the new public beta, code patch for Rise of Prussia. You are welcome to test and try it.
Knows though that it is not save compatible.

There can be glitches ... or not :neener: so be sure to understand that this is a beta patch and not the official, finalized one!

SEE POST #225 FOR UPDATE 7

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Nikel

Mon May 17, 2010 7:39 pm

Already commented two times, Wedell portraits, armies and fleets and units ;)

caranorn

Mon May 17, 2010 7:52 pm

Nikel wrote:Already commented two times, Wedell portraits, armies and fleets and units ;)

Already replied a few times. I'm not sure that was an error. Wedell is senior to Bevern in RoP (intentional? mistake?) so is in command of the Prussian left, therefore his portrait is used for the column on the map...
Marc aka Caran...

Carnium

Mon May 17, 2010 9:19 pm

Are there any fixes to the Russian supply problems and is the problem with Polish (=neutral) supply route fixed?

Nikel

Mon May 17, 2010 9:31 pm

caranorn wrote:Already replied a few times. I'm not sure that was an error. Wedell is senior to Bevern in RoP (intentional? mistake?) so is in command of the Prussian left, therefore his portrait is used for the column on the map...

Not replied.

I am not talking about who should be on top of the left column. But that the units portraits was done by Pangi and the armies anf fleets' by me. They look very different. Both should be Pangi's version

caranorn

Tue May 18, 2010 6:10 am

Nikel wrote:Not replied.

I am not talking about who should be on top of the left column. But that the units portraits was done by Pangi and the armies anf fleets' by me. They look very different. Both should be Pangi's version

Sorry, must have missed that for some reason (or confused your posts with another's) :-( ...
Marc aka Caran...

Jarkko
Colonel

Tue May 18, 2010 6:59 am

Wasn't there supposed to be some changes to the siege-lottery and the supply-through-Poland issues? Or did I misunderstand something?
There are three kinds of people: Those who can can count and those who can't.

Pocus

Tue May 18, 2010 8:18 am

Jarkko wrote:Wasn't there supposed to be some changes to the siege-lottery and the supply-through-Poland issues? Or did I misunderstand something?

It seems I skipped some important items of my change log... Here is a more complete one.
You are welcome to verify the supply problem, particularly, as there was only a few tests done on that. Theoretically, it should work (this is a beta patch, remember).

* It is no longer possible to make a breach with any unit (like cavalry). You now need at least one artillery or engineer element or a unit with a siege ability or a unit/leader with a special trait (‘Breacher’).
* If you are in supply when besieged with at least one supply wagon or a depot, you can only surrender if you fail your discipline test AND you fail a 5% chance to a percentage roll.
* If you are besieged, weaker than the besieger, with a breach in the structure and only in partial supply, then your troop discipline will get a -3 modifier (more chance to surrender).
* Supply can now pass through neutral territory (case of Russian supply in Polish territory).

Update for the AI part of the log:
Thanks to Clovis good work (work done by modding the AI), the AI is now better for winter quartering and objectives assessment.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Bertram

Tue May 18, 2010 9:11 am

Sounds great.

Got a mail send to Squarian to restart our battle - I miss my daily dose of war.

Jarkko
Colonel

Tue May 18, 2010 9:45 am

Sounds good :) Need to reinstall RoP next week to test this out (sadly don't have time this week).
There are three kinds of people: Those who can can count and those who can't.

Nikel

Tue May 18, 2010 10:07 am

caranorn wrote:Sorry, must have missed that for some reason (or confused your posts with another's) :-( ...

There is no need to say sorry for anything ;) They are just 2 different problems, but Wedell is involved in both :mdr:

The armies and fleets portrait used right now is this one

[ATTACH]11490[/ATTACH]

But should be this one,

[ATTACH]11489[/ATTACH]

Well IMHO, unless they prefer they other, but should match units portrait, this one

[ATTACH]11491[/ATTACH]

Commented here in previous patches, also the other issue you were talking about

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=173925&postcount=6

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=174970&postcount=2
Attachments
Unit_PRU_Wedell.png
Unit_PRU_Wedell.png (11.19 KiB) Viewed 9322 times
Army_PRU_Wedell2.png
Army_PRU_Wedell.png

PhilThib

Tue May 18, 2010 10:46 am

Well, trouble is that the new images are spread here and there on different forums...I would need someone to collect all the right ones and send them to me by mail ;)

Nikel

Tue May 18, 2010 10:53 am

They are only in one thread. But this is the only problem with modded portraits added to the game after release

Unfortunately Pangi stopped after Conway :(

If you still want to collect the rest for the artist because there is money available for that, I will collect them from the thread and send them to you, we already commented it ;)

Hohenlohe

Wed May 19, 2010 1:35 am

Sorry if I bother you, dear Pocus, but how long would you need for a full Official Patch 1.03 version, I mean in days??
Could you implement fortified camps as I have mentioned in another thread??

I had stopped my campaign AAR and want to do a more proper approach with the latest patch hoping for some improvements.

greetings

Hohenlohe, one of the AGEOD Fan Club...
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

PhilThib

Wed May 19, 2010 6:36 am

Nikel wrote:If you still want to collect the rest for the artist because there is money available for that, I will collect them from the thread and send them to you, we already commented it ;)

Please do so :cool:

Pocus

Wed May 19, 2010 9:06 am

Hohenlohe wrote:Sorry if I bother you, dear Pocus, but how long would you need for a full Official Patch 1.03 version, I mean in days??
Could you implement fortified camps as I have mentioned in another thread??

I had stopped my campaign AAR and want to do a more proper approach with the latest patch hoping for some improvements.

greetings

Hohenlohe, one of the AGEOD Fan Club...

As long as there are reports that things ought to be fixed, this is difficult to say, but perhaps less than 2 weeks if things goes well.

You would like the possibility to build fortified camps? You'll have to discuss that with the Historical Data team then, if this was not included by default there is a reason I think.

Ebbingford

Sun May 23, 2010 10:24 pm

When you add a leader to a unit, embed him in it, his portrait still doesn't show on the map.

Attachments
2.jpg

Ebbingford

Sun May 23, 2010 10:56 pm

A strange movement cost over a river. It costs Piccolomini's column 7 days to go to either region, crossing the river or not.

Image Image
Attachments
4.jpg
3.jpg

Ebbingford

Sun May 23, 2010 11:20 pm

This battle was recorded as a Prussian victory and it cost me 11NM. But looking at it more closely it looks like it should be an Austrian victory. Outnumbered nearly 3 to 1, inflicting 2000 more casualties than I suffered, destroying nearly 4 times the number of elements that I lost, and still being in possession of Pirna camp, all adds up to what should be a good victory.

This was a battle on day 4 in a sequence of battles that the AI launched at Pirna camp. The battles occurred on days 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7.
I should have lost around 35 NM from these 5 battles but my NM total is showing as 100. I have had no other events or messages that have caused my moral to increase this turn that I can see. It looks from the NM that the battle shown above has in fact been treated as an Austrian win. Instead of my NM going down by 35, if this battle has been taken as an Austrian victory then my NM only goes down by 24 due to the other losing battles. It then goes up by 11 for me winning that one. Net result of minus 13 NM which tallies with the NM showing now.

Save and backup attached if they are needed.
Attachments
battle.rar
(707.96 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
2.jpg

Ebbingford

Mon May 24, 2010 11:41 pm

This Saxon leader, Graf Von Arnim, has a brown background to his army counter icon where as all the other Saxon leaders have pale green.

Attachments
3.jpg

PhilThib

Tue May 25, 2010 7:56 am

Yes, regarding a remark in a previous post, all these HRE different colours are on purpose...they are supposed to give hint of the HRE inner nationality of the leader...

In the case of Von Arnim, this is different...there is no color at all, which indicates a wrong color alias in the file :(

Fixed here (replace previous model by this one)

:cool:
Attachments
679SAXGraf von Arnim .rar
(689 Bytes) Downloaded 191 times

Ebbingford

Wed May 26, 2010 9:45 am

When I clicked on the "Bavaria and Wurtemberg contingents" event text the following error messages appeared.
[Error ] TAgeDxComponentList.GetComponentByNam Cannot Find: GUIMultichoiceWin.btnChoice1
[Error ] TAgeDxComponentList.GetComponentByNam Cannot Find: GUIMultichoiceWin.imgChoiceBg1
[Error ] TAgeDxComponentList.GetComponentByNam Cannot Find: GUIMultichoiceWin.btnChoice2
[Error ] TAgeDxComponentList.GetComponentByNam Cannot Find: GUIMultichoiceWin.imgChoiceBg2
[Error ] TAgeDxComponentList.GetComponentByNam Cannot Find: GUIMultichoiceWin.btnChoice3
[Error ] TAgeDxComponentList.GetComponentByNam Cannot Find: GUIMultichoiceWin.imgChoiceBg3
[Error ] TAgeDxComponentList.GetComponentByNam Cannot Find: GUIMultichoiceWin.btnChoice4
[Error ] TAgeDxComponentList.GetComponentByNam Cannot Find: GUIMultichoiceWin.imgChoiceBg4

When the multiple choice box popped up the text doesn't quite fit on it.

Attachments
2.jpg

Pocus

Wed May 26, 2010 11:23 am

can you post your saved game plus backup1 please?

Ebbingford

Wed May 26, 2010 11:36 am

Here it is.
Attachments
error.rar
(815.13 KiB) Downloaded 208 times

Pocus

Fri May 28, 2010 2:31 pm

Patch updated to beta 2, with several bugs fixed, including weird xp gain bug and several interface glitches.

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/temp/patch_ROP_v1.03b2.zip

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri May 28, 2010 4:10 pm

thanks,but download link is not working

Longhairedlout
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri May 28, 2010 4:29 pm

Yep link not working.... just takes you to a Yahoo page

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri May 28, 2010 4:30 pm

ok working thanks

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri May 28, 2010 4:32 pm

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/temp/

write that in browser than find the patch
which is "Patch_ROP_v1.03b2.zip"

caranorn

Fri May 28, 2010 4:34 pm

Err. I believe there is stuff in that index that should not be accessible by everyone...
Marc aka Caran...

Return to “Help to improve RoP”