melens7s
Conscript

Request for aid!

Wed May 05, 2010 12:58 am

Help! I just started playing the game and began a Grand Campaign scenario as the Entente. I managed to get as far as the military phase and now I'm stuck! As far as I can tell, I've moved all the armies that aren't locked, and the navies as well. I even went to the colonial areas. But it still won't let me end the phase (I'm playing turn by turn activation rules.) I've tried messing with the budgets, playing events, etc. The only button to stay lit is the execute movement. What am I doing wrong? I've tried moving the British armies but it won't let me, saying that they aren't activated - but there is no British army to activate... The colonial armies won't move either.

I also can't figure out how to use my ships to transport troops, not that I can apparently move them anyway. I tried hitting the transport mission but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Any aid and advice would be profoundly appreciated!

06 Maestro
General

Wed May 05, 2010 2:43 am

There is likely an army or two that has not received required orders. I sounds like you are focused on the French front-but what about Russia? In some plans, Russia gets the early August move-required attacks into E. Prussia. The other likely culprit (not so likely on turn one, but maybe) is Serbia. Have you checked out Serbia yet? If neither of those forces have the red emblem over one of its detachments, then you can use the M key (I think) to go to the next unit that needs orders.

I have had this same dilemma before. Typically what sets me up for this is when another country, like Greece, inters the war. It will have units to move, but you just were not expecting that situation.

Hope that helps.

Jorrig
Private

Wed May 05, 2010 7:58 am

For the naval transport: Click the naval transport button and then drag the army to the overseas target province. The program should trace a line across the ocean then and execute the movement at turn's end.

calvinus

Wed May 05, 2010 8:29 am

You can use the shortcut key on the keyboard: M

When pressed, the game zooms the map on the army for which a mandatory offensive is requested and not fulfilled.

Tamas

Wed May 05, 2010 9:59 am

melens7s wrote:Help! I just started playing the game and began a Grand Campaign scenario as the Entente. I managed to get as far as the military phase and now I'm stuck! As far as I can tell, I've moved all the armies that aren't locked, and the navies as well. I even went to the colonial areas. But it still won't let me end the phase (I'm playing turn by turn activation rules.) I've tried messing with the budgets, playing events, etc. The only button to stay lit is the execute movement. What am I doing wrong? I've tried moving the British armies but it won't let me, saying that they aren't activated - but there is no British army to activate... The colonial armies won't move either.

I also can't figure out how to use my ships to transport troops, not that I can apparently move them anyway. I tried hitting the transport mission but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Any aid and advice would be profoundly appreciated!

Yeah its either a mandatory move thing, or possibly you missed an army. This is sadly a bit annoying in pre-gold due to the lack of jump-to-army shortcut buttons on the screen.

Anyways, just that it might help: there is the British 5th Army in Egypt, and the 6th in India, there are of course the serbs and Belgians. If you got lucky enough to have any other country join you right at the start, you will have those armies to activate as well.

The colonial and unattached units move during the last activation in your turn and do not stop you from ending the turn.

melens7s
Conscript

Thanks!

Fri May 07, 2010 4:45 am

Your replies were just the thing. Thanks!

calvinus

Fri May 07, 2010 7:28 am

Well, problem solved. :)

The Army Roster in Gold Edition will be a good solution. It shows all the armies of the currently selected (controlled) nation, or all the armies controlled by you as a player if no nation is currently selected (the top frame is hidden). For each army you will see symbols to remark the mandatory offensive (if any), the supply / isolation status, the activation status (for army-by-army play mode), etc. etc. Each symbol will have the proper tooltips, of course.

count taaffe
Sergeant

Fri May 07, 2010 12:31 pm

Hi Calvinus!

calvinus wrote:Well, problem solved. :)

The Army Roster in Gold Edition will be a good solution. It shows all the armies of the currently selected (controlled) nation, or all the armies controlled by you as a player if no nation is currently selected (the top frame is hidden). For each army you will see symbols to remark the mandatory offensive (if any), the supply / isolation status, the activation status (for army-by-army play mode), etc. etc. Each symbol will have the proper tooltips, of course.

Don't tease us ;) ;) ;) :mdr:

We wan't the game NOW :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :coeurs:

Cheers,

Peter

PhilThib

Fri May 07, 2010 12:47 pm

If all goes well, you should be able to get it NEXT WEEK :thumbsup:

Lannes
Major

Fri May 07, 2010 2:24 pm

Great news philippe. :coeurs:

count taaffe
Sergeant

Fri May 07, 2010 3:33 pm

PhilThib wrote:If all goes well, you should be able to get it NEXT WEEK :thumbsup:

Wonderful news!!! Thank you Philippe :coeurs: :coeurs: :coeurs: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”