Pocus

BoA 1.10d is out

Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:14 am

Bugs

Captured units had sometime an invalid name.

Unit name, when too long, disapeared completely on the army tab (bottom panel).

You can now load units from a region without harbor to a fleet at sea. It used to works in 1.08 or before but has been broken in 1.08.

Naval artillery can now be moved by ships

Mohawk units are now recognized as Indians for the English/Indians leader trait.

Interface
(free updates from the AACW code toward old brother BOA ;) )

Numbers are now shown in orange in most tooltips.

If you select a group and press shift, you can see the nature of the links around him. Dark brown is for land, bright blue is for river, navy blue for sea/ocean, red for interdicted link. Very handy to be sure you can greet the enemy behind the river!

The command penalty of your selected group is shown as a pulsating number in the army panel.

Gameplay

Supply wagons don't cost command points anymore. They can now give the +10% fire bonus to all units in a city, if you are being assaulted. They prevent the surrender of all units in a city if you are besieged. Depots do the same, but will also gives the fire bonus to all armies in the region, even if the battle is outside.

Militia units in strategic town of their home state, if there is only 1-2 regiments, never goes home in winter (they are at home!). (you can have others units with them)

Sometime Minutemen units were raised and disapeared in the same turn, thus failing to take back the town. Now minutemen stay at least one month.

1.10d: Same link as before: (all inclusive patch)

Download link:
http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/BoA_patch1.10.exe

Extended manual:
http://www.ageod.com/download_patches/BIRTH%20OF%20AMERICA_109.pdf

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pocus

Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:26 am

saves are compatible.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

eddysterckx
Private

Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:55 am

Hi,

Link to the updated manual does not work, this one does :

http://www.ageod.com/download_patches/BIRTH%20OF%20AMERICA_109.pdf

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Pocus

Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:00 pm

Spy network failure today? ;)

fixed, thanks.

eddysterckx
Private

Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:05 pm

[quote="Pocus"]
Spy network failure today? ]

LOL - not really - Adam Parker reported the appearance of the patch in war-historical :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Fatboy
Sergeant

Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:09 pm

"If you select a group and press shift, you can see the nature of the links around him. Dark brown is for land, bright blue is for river, navy blue for sea/ocean, red for interdicted link. Very handy to be sure you can greet the enemy behind the river!"

Can't seem to get this one to work. Could someone please post an example.

MarkShot

Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:55 pm

You should STICKY this.

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:20 pm

Done!
You have 2 wishes left :cwboy:
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

flintlock
Captain

Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:56 pm

Fatboy wrote:"If you select a group and press shift, you can see the nature of the links around him.Can't seem to get this one to work. Could someone please post an example.

Simply select a stack/unit and press the [I]shift
key. You should see the lines extending out from the unit you have selected. Make sure BoA reads 1.10d as your current version. Is it possible the patch didn't get applied correctly?

Lafrite

Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:17 pm

Nice feature

mmccot
Conscript

Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:19 pm

Downloaded latest patch (110.d); to desktop. On the instal it said I am going to instal (110.c). This is from the link... the 110.d is out post.
I wanted to get it because of missing milita being raised and not apearing in some cities.

Pocus

Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:27 pm

downloaded again and I'm presented with 1.10d ?? Can it be a caching problem from your browser?

mmccot
Conscript

Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:51 pm

Downloaded again, in Firefox, said 110(c). Although it instaled in I.E.

unbbmas
Corporal

Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:58 pm

mmccot wrote:Downloaded again, in Firefox, said 110(c). Although it instaled in I.E.

Ok for me 1.10d.
¡Thanks great support¡
«El próximo vendaval que venga del Norte traerá a nuestros oídos el resonar de las armas. ¡Nuestros hermanos ya están en el campo de batalla! ¿Por qué esperar aquí, ociosos?
¿Qué es lo que desean los caballeros? ¿Qué quieren?
¿Son la vida o la paz tan dulces como para ser comparadas al precio de las cadenas o la esclavitud? ¡Impídelo, Señor Todopoderoso! No sé qué elegirán otros, pero en cuanto a mí, dadme la libertad o la muerte!»
23 de marzo de 1775, Patrick Henry

orca
Lieutenant

Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:19 pm

Pocus wrote:Gameplay

Supply wagons don't cost command points anymore. They can now give the +10% fire bonus to all units in a city, if you are being assaulted. They prevent the surrender of all units in a city if you are besieged. Depots do the same, but will also gives the fire bonus to all armies in the region, even if the battle is outside.

Militia units in strategic town of their home state, if there is only 1-2 regiments, never goes home in winter (they are at home!). (you can have others units with them)

I think these are great however I would offer one suggestion. generally the British found it easy to enter a new region and the militia would only become a problem once thet were there. When there was no threat they melted away.

So I suggest that militia should disband even if they are in a home state strategic town if there are no British troops in the area. It makes no sense to be able to maintain a large Virginia militia contingent in Norfolk if the nearest British armies are in New York and Charleston. If there is a serious threat to the strategic town there will be British troops in the area and the militia would stay. I think this would be a more historical way to handle militia disbandment.

Pocus

Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:48 am

you can't 'stockpile' militias in a given city, as the rule only triggers if you have only 1-2 militias. This is to simulate the militias who where permanent as a force in important towns, even if the men in the regiment where rotated from service.

orca
Lieutenant

Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:50 pm

Understood but:

-You can stockpile militia in an area, as you have at least 5 strategic towns that you can put militia in. Doing so when there is a real British presence is OK as you're reducing your ability to actively fight off the British in order to keep the militia for next year. Besides which it will take you a while to even have 10 militia units available. A fine tradeoff IMHO. But doing so when there are no British present in the area is wrong historically. Every time the British changed the geographical focus of their campaigns they intially faced very little resistance from militia, but the resistance hardened with time. What I think should happen is that when the British do decide to bring the war to Viriginia and Maryland (say) they face very few militia when they first arrive, but their presence stimulates plenty of militia recruitment,

-The rebels had a very hard time keeping militia units in place throughout the war. The only thing that really kept them around was the British threat. If there are no British in an area the milita would go home. It just wasn't possible to keep units in place to protect Norfolk (say) when the locals didn't feel threatened.

Pocus

Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:05 pm

Except Maryland (from memory I'm in the AACW code), I don't think you can find a state where there is 5 strat towns. But I agree that there is a potential abuse there. There is always something to do anyway :)
I have noted to take a second look at that on the BOA list so I don't forget.

Jayavarman
Lieutenant

Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:28 am

Le download link est mort. :p leure:
"Sad fragility of human things! What riches and treasures of art will remain forever buried beneath these ruins; how many distinguished men - artists, sovereigns, and warriors - are now forgotten!"

"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

PhilThib

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:11 am

Notre responsable FTP est absent aujourd'hui, on va vérifier demain :tournepas

McGlu
Conscript

Steam

Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:15 pm

Any word on when 1.10d will be available on Steam?

orca
Lieutenant

Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:47 pm

Pocus - Virginia does have 5 strategic towns - Alexandria, Richmond, Charlottesville, Peterburg, Norfolk. And I really maintian that if the British aren't around the militia should go home, wherever they happen to be.

Also, I had a problem with this rule not seeming to work. As the British I have the South Carolina Volunteers garrisoning Fort Ninety Six. Obviously it's a strategic town in their home state, and they disbanded anyway. Does this rule not apply to the British?

Pocus

Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:04 am

McGlu wrote:Any word on when 1.10d will be available on Steam?

At which version they are?

McGlu
Conscript

Steam

Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:39 pm

Pocus wrote:At which version they are?

Steam has 1.10b.

Actually, I figured out that I can move the entire BoA folder out of the Steam folders and apply the patch. Works great.

Pocus

Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:28 am

sure... BOA can run offline and dont need the registry...

orca
Lieutenant

Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:01 pm

orca wrote:Also, I had a problem with this rule not seeming to work. As the British I have the South Carolina Volunteers garrisoning Fort Ninety Six. Obviously it's a strategic town in their home state, and they disbanded anyway. Does this rule not apply to the British?

Sorry about this. I double checked and they were outside the fort.

Return to “Birth of America”