Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

"Fort such-and-such is to be built ..."

Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:24 pm

Or so the event log says. But it doesn't seem to happen ... what exactly do I have to do to make it happen? I do have regular troops in the area, so that's not it ... but I don't have to build the fort myself, I suppose? It's an event? :confused:

Thanks! :)
[color="Gray"]"These Savages may indeed be a formidable Enemy to your raw American Militia, but, upon the King's regular & disciplined Troops, Sir, it is impossible they should make any Impression." -- General Edward Braddock[/color]
Colonial Campaigns Club (supports BoA and WiA)
[color="Gray"]"... and keep moving on." -- General U.S. Grant[/color]
American Civil War Game Club (supports AACW)

Ebbingford

Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:07 pm

Fort William Henry, the Mowhawk village one and Oswego get built if you move the required number of units into the area. IIRC they might take a go longer than when your troops arrive there. You don't need artillery and supply wagons to build them. The 2 forts in the south get built and garrisoned with out you doing anything, unless the indians occupy the regions.
Haven't had any occasions when they haven't been built yet after getting the text message, "Fort such-and such".

lodilefty

Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:45 pm

Correct!
The warnings give you 2-3 months to 'get there' or 'protect there'...
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:53 pm

Ebbingford wrote: the required number of units

What is the required number? The message said nothing but that the fort was "to be built". :confused:
[color="Gray"]"These Savages may indeed be a formidable Enemy to your raw American Militia, but, upon the King's regular & disciplined Troops, Sir, it is impossible they should make any Impression." -- General Edward Braddock[/color]

joe
Lieutenant

Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:25 am

I believe there is one Fort (Fort Stanwix) that gets built only if Fort Bull has been destroyed earlier. I stumbled on that only after Fort Bull had been destroyed. If Bull still exists, it doesn't get built (I believe).

As already mentioned some Forts require maybe 2 to 4 units to be present, I don't remember exactly. The others just have to be free of enemy control.

I had an unusual situation once with the Fort that was to be built on the Mohican tribe settlement (Fort Edwards). Anyway the Indian tribe and settlement had been destroyed but I still sent the 4 units there. Come time for the fort to be built the garrison showed up but no fort. So I drug a artillery unit and supply and built the place for the garrison to stay since they were locked in place, probably not a good use of resources.

Joe

lodilefty

Forts in 1755 Campaign

Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:05 pm

• Ft Stanwix gets built on or after 1 November 1758, but only if Fort Bull is first destroyed.
  • Fort Edward requires 4 units, no enemy in region, on or after 1 September 1755
  • Fort Oswego requires 4 units, no enemy in region, control of the port, on or after 1 October 1755. Built originally as a stockade. If burned, will be rebuilt twice more as a Fort [33% probability each turn]. If both fort rebuilds are burned, the region will no longer be an Objective
  • Fort William Henry requires 2 units, no enemy in region, control of the port, on or after 1 October 1755
  • Fort Loudon gets built on 1 July 1756, only if the region Greenbrier is clear of enemy units that day. Once chance only. There are two Cherokee War bands that appear only if this fort is built.
  • Fort Prince George gets built on 1 October 1756, only if the region Keeowee is clear of enemy units that day. Once chance only.

I hope this helps :D

joe wrote:<snip>

I had an unusual situation once with the Fort that was to be built on the Mohican tribe settlement (Fort Edwards). Anyway the Indian tribe and settlement had been destroyed but I still sent the 4 units there. Come time for the fort to be built the garrison showed up but no fort. So I drug a artillery unit and supply and built the place for the garrison to stay since they were locked in place, probably not a good use of resources.

Joe

The 'non build' you saw with Fort Edward is actually a bug! [I didn't forsee the village getting destroyed that early in game :o ]
Fixed for upcoming patch :w00t:

Thank you! :thumbsup:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:15 pm

lodilefty wrote:I hope this helps :D :

It does, thank you! :thumbsup:

Wouldn't such info be helpful in the game somewhere? A tooltip on the build message? (Don't tell me there is, I think I tried ... :innocent :)

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:21 pm

Actually I just had the Fort Edward garrison appear too without a fort, even though the Mohican village is still there ... :confused:

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:41 pm

Actually the fort IS there, only it's called Mohican Village. ;)

lodilefty

Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:44 pm

Heldenkaiser wrote:Actually the fort IS there, only it's called Mohican Village. ;)

Yes. Currently a game engine limitation. :(
We are lobbying for a solution ;)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

TiFlo
Captain

Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:50 pm

Game engine limitation?! :blink:

I thought there was no such thing with AGEOD :D
[CENTER]« Quel pays ! Quels hommes ! Quelle guerre ! Non, ma chère maman, votre enfant n'est pas fait pour habiter cette contrée barbare. »
[/CENTER]
[CENTER] Louis-Antoine de Bougainville, 1758
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[CENTER][color=DarkGreen]WIA 1.05 Patch[/color]
[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:54 pm

TiFlo wrote:Game engine limitation?! :blink:

I thought there was no such thing with AGEOD :D

That's a quick way of saying:
"Game engine modification developer resource time available while doing RoP and VGN limitation" :blink: :w00t:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

TiFlo
Captain

Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:57 pm

This doesn't leave much room for lobbying, does it? :D
[CENTER]« Quel pays ! Quels hommes ! Quelle guerre ! Non, ma chère maman, votre enfant n'est pas fait pour habiter cette contrée barbare. »
[/CENTER]
[CENTER] Louis-Antoine de Bougainville, 1758
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[CENTER][color=DarkGreen]WIA 1.05 Patch[/color]
[/CENTER]

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:02 pm

lodilefty wrote:Yes. Currently a game engine limitation. :(
We are lobbying for a solution ;)

So Fort Wm. Henry does work because no previous structure is there? :)

lodilefty

Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:05 pm

Heldenkaiser wrote:So Fort Wm. Henry does work because no previous structure is there? :)

Yes. :D
They both work [at least once the patch is out they will ;) ], but Fort Edward will show as 'Mohican Village' for now. The tooltip will still call it Fort Edward.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:20 pm

No problem. More power to the Mohicans. :D

Carnium

Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:44 pm

lodilefty wrote:
  • Ft Stanwix gets built on or after 1 November 1758, but only if Fort Bull is first destroyed.
  • Fort Edward requires 4 units, no enemy in region, on or after 1 September 1755
  • Fort Oswego requires 4 units, no enemy in region, control of the port, on or after 1 October 1755. Built originally as a stockade. If burned, will be rebuilt twice more as a Fort [33% probability each turn]. If both fort rebuilds are burned, the region will no longer be an Objective
  • Fort William Henry requires 2 units, no enemy in region, control of the port, on or after 1 October 1755
  • Fort Loudon gets built on 1 July 1756, only if the region Greenbrier is clear of enemy units that day. Once chance only. There are two Cherokee War bands that appear only if this fort is built.
  • Fort Prince George gets built on 1 October 1756, only if the region Keeowee is clear of enemy units that day. Once chance only.

I hope this helps :D

Any chance to build this info into scenario description/tooltip somehow ?
It would help understand the "fort mistery" to many players ;)

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:42 pm

Carnium wrote:Any chance to build this info into scenario description/tooltip somehow ?
It would help understand the "fort mistery" to many players ;)

Seconded. I suggested that earlier in this thread in fact. :)

Carnium

Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:48 pm

Heldenkaiser wrote:Seconded. I suggested that earlier in this thread in fact. :)

That happens when you read only a few posts at the beginning :bonk:
Sorry Heldenkaiser.

arsan

Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:32 pm

Most of this info about requirements is already on the game as event messages.
But having all together like this is very useful :coeurs:
At least this important info should be added to the "Clarification of some game functions thread"
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=10790

Oh, and thats for the British on 1755 but... how about the French?? Carillon dates and reqs? can they also get Oswego built?? :)

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”