stegosarus_army
Sergeant

Thames or Danube scanerio

Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:32 am

I've played this scenario a couple of times on the Prussian side and i've noticed that Napoleon seems reluctant to attack. Its December now, and all i've seen of the French army is 1 corp besides the corps that in Bavaria. The rest of the army is either in paris or the city that starts with a B that is on the coast.
My settings are activation bonus +1, normal difficulty, Ai full time, and low FOW bonus.

But playing the Austerlitz scenerio, France always kick my arse.

Could the passiveness be a result of a larger scenerio with more things for France to keep a track of? from my observation, this scenario would be more difficult If Ulm was an main priority.

any AI fixes in the pipeline?
If i knew how to mod, i would definately give a helping hand

Pocus

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:41 pm

The town is Boulogne ;)

I believe the AI has a problem shifting from North France to the road to Vienna... AI modding could help on that, but we have no volunteers for Napoleon's Campaigns right now. Generic AI fixes can somehow help, but they won't be done before several months (for the release of Frederick the Great perhaps).

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

stegosarus_army
Sergeant

Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:15 am

its nice to know that NCP isnt being abandoned and that fixes are still planned. :thumbsup:
If someone could give me a crash course on AI modding, then i could fiddle around with it. I'm a fast learner.

Fredrick the Great?? A new game?? oh no.. my fiance' wont like that.
its already hard enough juggling my time between WW1, NCP, and AACW :wacko: . on top of that, i still need to get BOA2. :D

Pocus

Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:33 am

Basically there are two commands for the AI. One is changing its aggressiveness over a whole theater, and one is changing the interest of regions, one by one, as you see fit.

Just post specific questions on that on the general modding forum, as these commands are available in all games of the AGE engine serie (WIA-AACW-NCP) and someone will surely help you start. I know that Lodilefty (for WIA) and Clovis (for AACW) managed each to have some scenarios play much better with these guidances.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”