TiFlo
Captain

1759 scenario, Wolfe nowhere to be found...

Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:20 am

Playing the "1759, Annus Mirabilis" scenario, as the French (1.04c + Community Mod).

Expecting Wolfe and his dreaded army to come for the onslaught to Québec, I had Montcalm and 3/4 of the French army dig in on the Beauport shores from the first month of the scenario. The British would not put one single foot on New France's soil.
Alas! Montcalm waited, and waited, and waited again. By December, I had managed to save Canada from the Champlain valley and St Lawrence corridors with the meagre forces I had diverted there. And yet, neither Saunders fleet nor Wolfe's redcoats dared showing up for the entire duration of the campaign... The clash would not happen, to my utter dismay :p leure:

Curious as I was to find out the reason of such ungallant, and quite disrespectful if I may, behaviour from well bred officers, I loaded up the last turn saved game as the British. And lo and behold, there were Wolfe and his troops, all standing in full dress, their musket shining and their bellies full of Nova Scotian fish, literally camping under the walls of Halifax! With a full fleet and enough transport capacity anchored in the harbour, fishing wales as well.

Anyway... Enough with the rambling :p apy:

Here are the full scenario saved games.
Attachments
1759 Annus Mirabilis.rar
(1.45 MiB) Downloaded 199 times
[CENTER]« Quel pays ! Quels hommes ! Quelle guerre ! Non, ma chère maman, votre enfant n'est pas fait pour habiter cette contrée barbare. »
[/CENTER]
[CENTER] Louis-Antoine de Bougainville, 1758
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[CENTER][color=DarkGreen]WIA 1.05 Patch[/color]
[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:05 pm

TiFlo wrote:Playing the "1759, Annus Mirabilis" scenario, as the French (1.04c + Community Mod).

Expecting Wolfe and his dreaded army to come for the onslaught to Québec, I had Montcalm and 3/4 of the French army dig in on the Beauport shores from the first month of the scenario. The British would not put one single foot on New France's soil.
Alas! Montcalm waited, and waited, and waited again. By December, I had managed to save Canada from the Champlain valley and St Lawrence corridors with the meagre forces I had diverted there. And yet, neither Saunders fleet nor Wolfe's redcoats dared showing up for the entire duration of the campaign... The clash would not happen, to my utter dismay :p leure:

Curious as I was to find out the reason of such ungallant, and quite disrespectful if I may, behaviour from well bred officers, I loaded up the last turn saved game as the British. And lo and behold, there were Wolfe and his troops, all standing in full dress, their musket shining and their bellies full of Nova Scotian fish, literally camping under the walls of Halifax! With a full fleet and enough transport capacity anchored in the harbour, fishing wales as well.

Anyway... Enough with the rambling :p apy:

Here are the full scenario saved games.

The AI still has some problems with Amphibious attacks.
It's priority system appears to think Halifax is more important.

More meat for the AI improvement grist mill :blink:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

arsan

Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:05 pm

How about some AI only events that put that kind of big reinforcements on board near their intended objectives (with some variability would be better i guess)??.
Something like Cornwalis on 1775 campaign, who arrives on board of the ships near Wilmington and Charleston :)
Ina similar way, the EP option units that the British can buy on 1755 arrive always on Halifax. The player can easily ship them where needed.
But i guess the AI life would be easier if they received on a more central point like New York for example.

lodilefty

Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:28 pm

arsan wrote:How about some AI only events that put that kind of big reinforcements on board near their intended objectives (with some variability would be better i guess)??.
Something like Cornwalis on 1775 campaign, who arrives on board of the ships near Wilmington and Charleston :)
Ina similar way, the EP option units that the British can buy on 1755 arrive always on Halifax. The player can easily ship them where needed.
But i guess the AI life would be easier if they received on a more central point like New York for example.

In the case of the 1759 Scenario, it's in the setup, not an event :(
It's on 'the list', but the list grows longer, not shorter :bonk:

Slowly, the campaigns are getting 'AI helper' events for Amphib groups [1812 is the prototype] :w00t:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

arsan

Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:48 pm

lodilefty wrote:Slowly, the campaigns are getting 'AI helper' events for Amphib groups [1812 is the prototype] :w00t:

Good news! :thumbsup:
I know its much easier and faster to suggest an improvement than to actually make it :bonk: :)
Thanks for your efforts! The game is getting better with every patch/community mod! :coeurs: :coeurs:

TiFlo
Captain

Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:38 pm

I figured there would be something along those lines, as experienced in AACW. It's good to read though that you're working on correcting this with the war of 1812 scenarii(/o).

As Arsan said, thank you so much for your never ending efforts in enhancing this already more than great game :thumbsup: :coeurs:
[CENTER]« Quel pays ! Quels hommes ! Quelle guerre ! Non, ma chère maman, votre enfant n'est pas fait pour habiter cette contrée barbare. »
[/CENTER]
[CENTER] Louis-Antoine de Bougainville, 1758
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[CENTER][color=DarkGreen]WIA 1.05 Patch[/color]
[/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve WIA”