Fouche
Captain

Receiving a Critical Error Message...

Wed May 10, 2006 2:54 pm

OK it is January 1777...after doing my turn and receiving my opponents turn I then click on End Turn button and I get a critical error message. A box pops up saying I should send to the development team the information from the Logs file. Will send the information.... :tournepas

unbbmas
Corporal

maybe

Wed May 10, 2006 3:28 pm

Fouche wrote:OK it is January 1777...after doing my turn and receiving my opponents turn I then click on End Turn button and I get a critical error message. A box pops up saying I should send to the development team the information from the Logs file. Will send the information.... :tournepas

I lived something like that ,in my case the solution was zip the file and then send by email.
(respond of the support ,always fast:
The problem comes from some mailers which add some invisibles
characters at the end of text files, thus corrupting it for the game.

To prevent the problem, it is better to put your ORD files in ZIP
format so
that they are not altered when sent by mail.
)
«El próximo vendaval que venga del Norte traerá a nuestros oídos el resonar de las armas. ¡Nuestros hermanos ya están en el campo de batalla! ¿Por qué esperar aquí, ociosos?
¿Qué es lo que desean los caballeros? ¿Qué quieren?
¿Son la vida o la paz tan dulces como para ser comparadas al precio de las cadenas o la esclavitud? ¡Impídelo, Señor Todopoderoso! No sé qué elegirán otros, pero en cuanto a mí, dadme la libertad o la muerte!»
23 de marzo de 1775, Patrick Henry

Fouche
Captain

Thu May 11, 2006 6:04 pm

Yes, you were right unbbmas. Zipping the file helped. Also, thank you Pocus for your quick response and assistance. The game that has been going on and had a brief stop...has started again!
On to the the sound of the guns! :niark:

Pocus

Fri May 12, 2006 12:50 pm

problem fixed then :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Joseignacio
Sergeant

Me too but "slightly" different

Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:04 pm

Fouche wrote:after doing my turn and receiving my opponents turn I then click on End Turn button and I get a critical error message. A box pops up saying I should send to the development team the information from the Logs file. Will send the information.... :tournepas

Exactly the same happens to me but the anwer cannot be the same since I play against the computer only. :cwboy: I sent the logs to the advised address.

Pocus

Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:18 pm

I received your mail Jose, we will see what is exactly your bug.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

jhdeerslayer

Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:08 am

Just happened to me also in a PBEM. I have sent the files on but will ask my partner to ZIP and I will report back.

Brandtake
Conscript

Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:15 am

I just ZIPPED the file and re-sent it. Hopefully that will fix the problem; I'm using crappy Hotmail and it also created problems for our first game because it automatically renamed the file.

jhdeerslayer

Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:08 am

Zipping the fixed it! :cwboy:

Return to “BoA Technical support / Aide technique”