Ardie
Captain

Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:13 pm

I installed the patch over a 1.08 series and the game failed to initialise. Uninstalled the game and removed all the files and folders and after a reboot reinstalled the game and installed this patch.

The game fails to initialise.

Do I need a certain patch between the version I bought and this patch or am I forever doomed to 1.08 version of AACW?

Atleast I didn't get a blue screen of death and a hard crash this time.

Gray_Lensman

Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:20 pm

deleted

Ardie
Captain

Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:22 pm

Jep! That's the one I have. It seems to be latest one I can play the game.

Gray_Lensman

Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:36 pm

deleted

Pocus

Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:25 pm

Ardie wrote:Jep! That's the one I have. It seems to be latest one I can play the game.

Ardie can you send the Mainlog file please? Do you have a particular message displayed when it crashes?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Rafiki

Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:28 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:Sorry to redirect you, but this problem needs much more attention which you can probably get if you repost it in the Tech Support forum, would you mind?

[color="Blue"]Or we could simply make a thread out of these posts :) [/color]
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Ardie
Captain

Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:09 pm

Sorry, been swamped with work lately.

The mainlog doesn't say anything because I cannot get that far before the ctd. The error logging isn't on by default.

I get a prompt which says that a program error has occurred and the application is shut down, nothing more.

Just for information, I haven't tried any of 1.09 patches since I was in the middle of a grand campaign.

One of the 1.10 series of patches gave me a very serious crash.

Pocus

Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:32 pm

so this is before loading a saved game. This is very strange, if you have already installed from fresh and patched.
Please send me the ACW\settings\general.opt file at pmalacher@age-studio.com, I'll return it to you with error logging on and more.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Ardie
Captain

Email sent

Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:10 pm

Pocus wrote:so this is before loading a saved game. This is very strange, if you have already installed from fresh and patched.
Please send me the ACW\settings\general.opt file at pmalacher@age-studio.com, I'll return it to you with error logging on and more.

Hi Pocus!

Email sent to the address provided.

Ardie
Captain

Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:02 pm

Pocus!

Received your email and installed the new general.opt file. The game started normally and faster than before and runs smoothly so far.

So...thank you very much.

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”