GrudgeBringer
Captain

Militia to regulars

Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:09 pm

I keep seeing on the posts that a cheap way to get regular's is to buy militia and then they will turn to regulars.
Now what I am not clear about is this, Will they turn to regulars on there own?
OR
Do they have to acquire battle exp and when they have enough they turn to regs?
OR
Do you HAVE to have a training officer and put them with him and they will change over?

That being said How do you know when they change over?
Does The M in a box insignia just go away and thats it or does it get another insignia?
Also, aprrox how long does it take to change over?

Thanks, I have looked everywhere for these specifics and can't find any definitive answers.
The Good General looks to Win and then to Battle while the Poor General looks to Battle and Hopes to win.

Sun Tzu

Coregonas
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:11 pm

There are some other posts better explaining but i wil try to resume

The chain of Infantry upgrades is (real names are variable):

a) STATE militia (only by event or starting troops) (aproximate power 14) State troops upgrades to

b) Volunteers militia (the normal militia you can buy) (power 15) in a random way (I believe a 5% each turn).
These upgrade to

c) Conscripts (Line Infantry) (power 20) the same random way. Conscripts upgrade to

d) Early War (Line Infantry) (power 26)
or
e) Late War (Line infantry) (power 30)
in the same random way (dont know exactly the chance or rules)

Conscripts can be also upgraded to d) or e) at a rate 2 units / turn with a leader with the correct ability (4* Cooper)

for cavalry is it similar
Conscripts (cavalry)
Early war cavalry
Late war cavalry

High Krausen
Conscript

Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:39 pm

so how does one know whether troops are conscripts, militia, volunteers, or regulars (early war and late war)?

haven't seen it in a tooltip...or perhaps I'm just not sure where to look.

a screenie would help

thanks in advance

chainsaw
Sergeant

Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:05 pm

High Krausen wrote:so how does one know whether troops are conscripts, militia, volunteers, or regulars (early war and late war)?

haven't seen it in a tooltip...or perhaps I'm just not sure where to look.

a screenie would help

thanks in advance

I don't have the game in front of me so this is from memory...when you left click on any unit in the small window at the bottom of the screen you will get an information pane opened up to the right (it includes a picture of the unit, how many men, cohesion, etc - lots of details). In there it states the types of troops you have (conscript, regular, etc). Very useful data.
=========
[SIZE="4"][color="Orange"] Go Hokies![/color][/size]
=========

High Krausen
Conscript

Still Confused (with screenies

Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:42 pm

OK, here are two screenshots. The first from a unit I assume is a regular...but I see no indication of regular, conscript, early war, or late war in the information. The second is militia which I would assume to be conscript...but again no indication of that status

where exactly should I be looking?...sorry that I could not figure out how to embed them in the text
Attachments

[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

thewick
Private

Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:37 am

on the nato icons militia have and x with an M in its box. It is also light blue. At the top it will say Infantry militia. When these upgrade it losses the M in the nato symbol but will still be light blue background.

For Regular infantry it will be blue. It will just be an X for nato symbol. And at the top it will say Infantry Line Infantry.

Return to “AACW Strategy discussions”