Merck
Conscript

Army HQ

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:06 pm

Two questions about Army HQs:

(1) what should I put in it? Any divisions or are those best suited for corps leaving the Army HQ stack just a fairly weak unit with maybe some artillery or something?

(2) Grant has smashed Bragg's army and isolated his Army HQ outside of Shelby, TN. However, I can't seem to engage the unsupplied miniscule remainder. Grant and a corps under Sumner are both on assault, but don't seem to find Bragg, who is just sitting there in the red for supplies and out in the open. Actually Kearny has the same thing going in Crawford, GA. A defeated confederate Army HQ that he can't seem to engage and knock out.

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:51 pm

Hi Merck,

Firstly, welcome to the Ageod Forums. Come in and make yourself at home. :thumbsup:

Okay, let's go step by step:

1. There are some people who like to put in the Army HQ only a few brigades and some artillery. Others, however, put inside the Army HQ full divisions (as if they were Corps). You may also have an Army HQ with a couple of divisions to protect it (the Army HQ) properly.

2. Take a look at this thread.

I hope you enjoy your stay here. Have fun playing! ;)

Here I show you some links very helpful for newcomers (courtesy of Dixicrat :coeurs :) .

Regards!
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Merck
Conscript

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:27 am

Thank you for that, it is very helpful. The second link, alas, does not appear to work for me -- something about insufficient privileges. Maybe a result of my new-ness to the forum?

As a follow-up, why would you not include several divisions with the Army HQ of, say, Grant or Sherman, and put them with some lesser-ability corps commander? Is there a disadvantage of having your Army HQ be an additional de facto corps as opposed to lurking in the background; or alternatively are there advantages of the divisions *not* being with the Army HQ?

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:33 pm

Merck wrote:Thank you for that, it is very helpful.

You're welcome, buddy. :)

The second link, alas, does not appear to work for me -- something about insufficient privileges. Maybe a result of my new-ness to the forum?

As a follow-up, why would you not include several divisions with the Army HQ of, say, Grant or Sherman, and put them with some lesser-ability corps commander? Is there a disadvantage of having your Army HQ be an additional de facto corps as opposed to lurking in the background; or alternatively are there advantages of the divisions *not* being with the Army HQ?

It depends on the choice of each player. I personally like to use the Army HQ like a Corp, putting inside it as many divisions as it's possible.

Regarding to the link and if I remember correctly, it will be available when you have posted 5 times.

Enjoy playing! :thumbsup:

Greetings.
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Merck
Conscript

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:30 am

Ethan wrote:You're welcome, buddy. :)
Regarding to the link and if I remember correctly, it will be available when you have posted 5 times.

Thank you, I will now post a fourth and fifth time...

Merck
Conscript

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:31 am

and a fifth ....

Return to “AACW Strategy discussions”