Jerzul
Captain

Transports with your Fleets

Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:30 am

Hey guys, thanks in advance for helping me with these questions:

Does having transports with your fleets (such as a blockade fleet) help keep those fleets in supply longer (because they hold more supply)? I know they don't act like wagons and attract supply, but is it good policy to keep transports with your fleets in general?

Jim-NC

Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:56 am

Transports carry a lot of supply (IIRC 80 points each). The good thing about them, is that they share their supplies with other ships (and thus deplete first). You can keep your fleet out a lot longer with transports, as they can cycle back to port to keep a steady stream of supplies flowing to your ships. This way your fighting ships can stay on station longer.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:50 pm

Jim has given you a good reasoning.

In this thread, you could find some useful solutions.

:thumbsup:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jerzul
Captain

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:31 pm

Jim-NC wrote:Transports carry a lot of supply (IIRC 80 points each). The good thing about them, is that they share their supplies with other ships (and thus deplete first). You can keep your fleet out a lot longer with transports, as they can cycle back to port to keep a steady stream of supplies flowing to your ships. This way your fighting ships can stay on station longer.

Thanks Jim-NC! That's what I thought when I was looking at the game but I wanted some confirmation from wiser sources than myself.

Jim-NC

Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:28 pm

Jerzul wrote:Thanks Jim-NC! That's what I thought when I was looking at the game but I wanted some confirmation from wiser sources than myself.

I don't know about the wiser part. We'll just say more experienced.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “AACW Strategy discussions”