KCDennis
Corporal

Elite Brigades

Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:09 pm

I haven't seen this covered. Should elite brigades, like the Iron Brigade, the California Brigade, etc be merged into divisions, remain independent within a Corps or allowed to operate on their own? What do you find works best?
"Wars make the decisions; diplomacy merely records them."
A.J.P. Taylor

Ol' Choctaw

Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:16 pm

They usually have cohesion bonuses and other attributes that transfer to all units in a division so placing one in a division benefits the whole group.

Leaving them independent or on their own in corps does not do that, so, yes put them into divisions but just one unit in each works best.

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:15 pm

What the Ol' one said. Occasionally, having one 'loose' within a Corps can be OK - depends. Maybe a light Corps with an Asst. Commander.

Maybe by itself on a special mission; maybe as part of a 'loose' stack, typically a two Leader stack.
[color="#AFEEEE"]"Liberty and Union, now and forever, one and inseparable!"[/color]
-Daniel Webster

[color="#FFA07A"]"C'mon, boys, we got the damn Yankees on the run!"[/color]
-General Joseph Wheeler, US Army, serving at Santiago in 1898

RULES
(A) When in doubt, agree with Ace.
(B) Pull my reins up sharply when needed, for I am a spirited thoroughbred and forget to turn at the post sometimes.

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:29 pm

I totally agree with Ol' Choctaw. :thumbsup:

That's exactly what I do. ;)

Regards! :hat:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mickey3D

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:42 pm

In the division definitively for the reason explained by Ol' Choctaw.

Jerzul
Captain

Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:58 pm

What about the Irish Brigade that comes preformed into a special division? What do people generally do with it?
I have heard, in such a way as to believe it, of your recently saying that both the army and the government needed a dictator. Of course it was not for this, but in spite of it, that I have given you the command. Only those generals who gain success can be dictators. What I now ask of you is military success, and I will risk the dictatorship.

-Abraham Lincoln, 1863, in a letter to Major General Joseph Hooker.

Jim-NC

Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:15 pm

I normally remove it from it's special division and place in a regular division. That way all the elements get the boost.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jerzul
Captain

Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:22 pm

Jim-NC wrote:I normally remove it from it's special division and place in a regular division. That way all the elements get the boost.

Fair enough. Spread that Irish luck around the army!
I have heard, in such a way as to believe it, of your recently saying that both the army and the government needed a dictator. Of course it was not for this, but in spite of it, that I have given you the command. Only those generals who gain success can be dictators. What I now ask of you is military success, and I will risk the dictatorship.

-Abraham Lincoln, 1863, in a letter to Major General Joseph Hooker.

Return to “AACW Strategy discussions”