wolv18
Conscript

Entrenchment Levels

Wed May 11, 2011 10:15 pm

Hi I've searched and can't seem to find an answer to this question. I recently updated to patch 1.15 and now playing as CSA. I find that my entrenchment levels don't go any higher than level 4 even in costal forts. I have do have infantry and artillery as well.

Gray_Lensman

Wed May 11, 2011 11:24 pm

deleted

wolv18
Conscript

Thu May 12, 2011 10:57 am

Thanks I found it in the update file. I have one more question about a situation I found quite frustrating in my last game. The Union had Butler and an army of about 20k besieging Fredricksburg. I moved an army of about 50k to meet him i had 2 separate battles 2 turns in a row then nothing for at least 4 turns we just both sat in the same tile I had my army on offensive but it would not engage. Is that a glitch or is there something else you must do to get the army to engage.

Jim-NC

Thu May 12, 2011 5:43 pm

An army will not initiate combat if it is in a region with any other unit. So your army probably was blocked from attacking by some other unit of yours in the region.

If you really want to get more help, post the game files, and someone can look at it.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cromagnonman
Brigadier General

Thu May 12, 2011 5:43 pm

This seems to happen often enough, even when the preceding battles appear decisive. Usually it's your army losing too much cohesion to continue the engagements. You may get a message to this effect in the message bar, telling you the stack cohesion was too low. Otherwise, you might find it in the battlelog file.

Keep in mind that it was unusual for battles to stretch out over multiple days, and that usually it occured because fresh forces fought each subsequent day. Battle was, and is, a demanding affair. Note also how common it was for armies to sit looking at each other after a battle, such as Gettysburg or the Overland Campaign.

EDIT: just realized that you said "turns," not "days." I have seen this happen, and again the reason can often be found in the battlelog or other log files.
"firstest with the mostest"

"I fights mit Sigel"

wolv18
Conscript

Thanks for the advice

Sat May 14, 2011 9:19 pm

I'm going to look into the battle log files thanks.

Return to “AACW Strategy discussions”