Cdr. McBragg
Private

Question for players of the April 61 Campaign - Draft and Finance

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:42 pm

On what turn(s) do you prefer to make your initial draft, financial, and political decisions? I am thinking mainly of the Union, but I assume the same logic would apply to the Confederacy.

My current procedure is to sign Total Blockade on turn 1, then Call for Volunteers on turn 3, and Taxes on turn 4. Bonds and Mobilization, which cost VPs, are done on turn 5 or later.

I see no point in any draft or financial options for the Union before turn 3, when nothing is available for purchase but replacements and industrialization. But I see some players do it, and the AI always does it. Am I missing something?

Is it better to take VP/morale losses all in one turn, or to spread it out over several turns?

Do you ever forgo any of the Draft and Finance options in the initial turns, or do you grab them all before they reset in July?

In general, do you find the additional dollars and conscripts you get for waiting a few turns (to allow VPs to build) worth the delay in receiving forces, or is the gain insignificant?

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:35 am

I usually do blockade\embargo first turn. Then I wait until the turn before the reset so that I can get the double volunteer call. Ahh...I would NEVER forgo any of the draft or finance options.

Once the game gets rolling don't use the options until you can use the resources they give you (unless they will reset, or you will get less resources a later turn). Just the way I play others may be different :)
"Tell General Lee that if he wants a bridge of dead Yankees I can furnish him with one."
-General William Barksdale at Fredericksburg

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:44 pm

I never print money as the CSA during the first phase. The money isn't that good, and 4% inflation is alot. I only do a draft in PBEM. I don't need it against the AI.

Return to “AACW Strategy discussions”