Benihana
Private

Corps being assigned to wrong Army

Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:34 am

I've got two armies in close proximity, and I'm trying to assign a corps to a specific one. The corps is in the same region as the army I want, but instead is getting assigned to the army 1 region over (which is enroute to this region). I've searched the forums and tried several key combos but so far no luck. This is around Richmond so I can't really afford to shuffle units around just to get the proper organization. Thanks a bunch.

On a side note, I hope whoever has that Play-mobile avatar doesn't mind that I stole the idea. I really loved playing with them when I was younger.

Vegetius
General

Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:51 am

Assigning Corps depends of seniority of the Army commanders. There is no other solution than moving the "wrong" commander i think :( .
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mickey3D

Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:13 am

There is a trick : disassemble the army (separate the leader from the HQ) that causes you trouble, assign your corps to the right army and recreate the first army.

Vegetius
General

Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:16 pm

I will be very cautious when i play against you Mickey ;) !
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mickey3D

Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:57 pm

Vegetius wrote:I will be very cautious when i play against you Mickey ;) !

Well, it's JDT who taught me this trick, such a vicious guy :D

Gray_Lensman

Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:03 pm

deleted

Mickey3D

Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:06 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:The next question is... What happens to other Corps that might have been assigned to the army you temporarily disassembled? Do they all dissolve and then have to be rebuilt too? If so, it sounds like an awful lot of complications... :D

Yes, once the army is recreated, you reassign the corps leader(s) to the rebuilt army.

It's not so complicated as it may seem and it's worth the disagreement if you can attach your corps to Grant instead of McClellan !

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:19 pm

Mickey3D wrote:Yes, once the army is recreated, you reassign the corps leader(s) to the rebuilt army.

The good thing is these are only plotted orders in AACW, they are not actually carried out before the turn is resolved. So everything that's done and undone during giving orders is for the game as if it never happened. No penalties, no problems. :thumbsup:
[color="Gray"]"These Savages may indeed be a formidable Enemy to your raw American Militia, but, upon the King's regular & disciplined Troops, Sir, it is impossible they should make any Impression." -- General Edward Braddock[/color]
Colonial Campaigns Club (supports BoA and WiA)
[color="Gray"]"... and keep moving on." -- General U.S. Grant[/color]
American Civil War Game Club (supports AACW)

Mickey3D

Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:41 pm

Heldenkaiser wrote:No penalties, no problems.

Right ! I forgot to specify it but for sure it's the icing on the cake :D

Benihana
Private

Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:47 pm

Thanks for the replies! I think I went a bit army crazy and I'd have been better off just using fewer armies, but it's too late for that now. I get the feeling things will be downhill once I take Richmond, but we'll see. This is my first time getting this far (I kept learning lessons/game mechanics and starting over).

slimey.rock
Major

Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:46 am

Benihana wrote:On a side note, I hope whoever has that Play-mobile avatar doesn't mind that I stole the idea. I really loved playing with them when I was younger.

Hahaha Yeah, Play-Mobiles were amazing :w00t:

Rafiki

Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:13 am

Benihana wrote:On a side note, I hope whoever has that Play-mobile avatar doesn't mind that I stole the idea. I really loved playing with them when I was younger.

No reason to worry; I'm sure they take it as the compliment it is :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Benihana
Private

Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:34 am

Nice knowing you Lee. This was victory, kind of disappointing because I was about to lose a bunch of units in the Western theater and try to push through a harsh winter. I also could have finished it several turns earlier had I realized I needed to go assault posture even though Richmond was entirely besieged.

Return to “AACW Strategy discussions”