Mortar
Sergeant

Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Just thought Id share my usual plan on industry. I believe that even as the union, industry can be very helpful to course of the campaign. I dont believe it is necessary to increase resource production in the already high production areas in the early game (New York, Pennsylvania, etc.) but if you give light production to the less developed states (Texas, MO, IA, WI, DE, etc.) you will find that by winter of the first year you have dramatically less problems with supply, even if you have not built a single depot. It is not even that costly to develop these regions (as low as a 1 thousand $, and a single war supply) at the light ind. level. I usually aim for each region to produce until it reaches roughly 200 general supply (of course this is not always possible, but if I have the resources for it, Ill aim for this). I do believe strongly in the use of depots, but it makes sense to also try to improve the actual supply production of the regions supplying the depots, I have run into much fewer units being lost from supply hits by this method, if that is helpful to anyone.
I have not yet played as the South so I dont know if this would be too costly or unnecessary to be useful.

Mortar
Sergeant

Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:57 pm

Just thought Id share my usual plan on industry. I believe that even as the union, industry can be very helpful to course of the campaign. I dont believe it is necessary to increase resource production in the already high production areas in the early game (New York, Pennsylvania, etc.) but if you give light production to the less developed states (Texas, MO, IA, WI, DE, etc.) you will find that by winter of the first year you have dramatically less problems with supply, even if you have not built a single depot. It is not even that costly to develop these regions (as low as a 1 thousand $, and a single war supply) at the light ind. level. I usually aim for each region to produce until it reaches roughly 200 general supply (of course this is not always possible, but if I have the resources for it, Ill aim for this). I do believe strongly in the use of depots, but it makes sense to also try to improve the actual supply production of the regions supplying the depots, I have run into much fewer units being lost from supply hits by this method, if that is helpful to anyone.
I have not yet played as the South so I dont know if this would be too costly or unnecessary to be useful.

cmurphy625
Private

Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:57 am

I didn't realize that it would help with supply issues in a remote area, this is a powerful tip... thanks for sharing!

Return to “AACW Strategy discussions”