hootieleece
Private

How does one win the Game?

Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:49 pm

I am playing as the Union I control Every major Objective except Mobile. It is May 1865. the Confeds don't even have a Capital. They keep amassing huge armies. I'm playing chase down the Guerillas. Yet I can't get the National morale above 178. I need to win Auto victory because I'm behind in Victory points. any Ideas?

pepe4158
Colonel

Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:49 pm

HA-ha yeah that was the same problem Grant and Sherman faced.....the little upstart Rebs were determined to fight to their last breaths. This is why I enjoy playing the north more as the situation seems way more historically accuarate not to mention I enjoy the process of actually building something from scratch eka an economy and military versus inheriting a pre-made army and lifless economy.
------Ahhh the generals, they are numerous but not good for much.------

The Civil War is not ended: I question whether any serious civil war ever does end.
Author: T. S. Eliot

New honorary title: Colonel TROLL---Dont feed the trolls! (cuz Ill just up my rank by 1 more post!)

Jabberwock

Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:13 am

This has to do with the decisions you made about promotions and using options. At this point you've won without the "win".

If they still have depots, those should be your objectives. Hit those last few armies just before they starve. Hope that it's enough.
[color="DimGray"] You deserve to be spanked[/color]

hootieleece
Private

I finished the game in a stalemate

Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:04 pm

I finished the game out and got a stalemate. I owned every objective on the list. So where was the "I win Button" everyone keeps talking about. I took Mobile in June '65. But the confeds kept right on rebuilding their armies. I kept killing em in wholesale lots but ended up losing on points 4536 to 4475.

Hootie

Rafiki

Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:12 pm

hootieleece wrote:So where was the "I win Button" everyone keeps talking about.

*sigh*

There is no such "button", and it isn't everyone; it's one guy, but he talks about it a lot ;)

I can see why your frustrated and wouldn't minde seeing some kind of "auto-win". no matter the NM and VP, if you e.g. control all strategic cities on the map.
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

soloswolf
General of the Army

Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:06 pm

The power cord is the 'I-Win-Button'!

:king:
My name is Aaron.

Knight of New Hampshire

Brochgale
Brigadier General

Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:31 am

hootieleece wrote:I finished the game out and got a stalemate. I owned every objective on the list. So where was the "I win Button" everyone keeps talking about. I took Mobile in June '65. But the confeds kept right on rebuilding their armies. I kept killing em in wholesale lots but ended up losing on points 4536 to 4475.

Hootie

I guess you need to take every city for as long as the CSA has free cities then it can create units with any avialable cash and WS. Ofcourse game could also randomly generate Quantrills all over I suppose?
A war without end - love it.

GrudgeBringer
Captain

Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:10 am

LOL....

Well, yelling at the machine, hitting the off button and muttering "Friggin Ai CHEATS" while your doin it is the same as am 'I Win Button' also.
The Good General looks to Win and then to Battle while the Poor General looks to Battle and Hopes to win.

Sun Tzu

Le Ricain

Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:43 am

Basically, you lost too many NM's during the course of the war. The probable cause was promoting generals who lacked seniority. Look at it as you won the war (you control all of the CSA cities), but at extremely high cost in terms of men, resources and money. A pyrric victory.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

pepe4158
Colonel

Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:07 am

GrudgeBringer wrote:LOL....

"Friggin Ai CHEATS" .

Hee-hee Athena sure does! She almost magics her units sometimes covering distance areas I could never could duplicate even in the best weather conditions :p leure: :grr:

The Civil War is not ended: I question whether any serious civil war ever does end.

New honorary title: Colonel TROLL---Dont feed the trolls! (cuz Ill just up my rank by 1 more post!)

Rafiki

Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:32 am

pepe4158 wrote:Hee-hee Athena sure does! She almost magics her units sometimes covering distance areas

Not true. The AI doesn't "cheat" when it comes to movement. I imagine you might be comparing e.g your inactive stacks with artillery in them to her active cavalry-only stacks, or something.
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

pepe4158
Colonel

Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:53 am

It was a joke :fleb:

Return to “AACW Strategy discussions”