GrudgeBringer
Captain

Generals Stats?

Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:38 am

I have noticed a number of times that a General may have a 3/2/2 and once I make him a Division Commander I check the stats and he has like a 1/0/0.

Is this a normal occurance that perhaps a General has to earn his stats back?

Any Ideas?
The Good General looks to Win and then to Battle while the Poor General looks to Battle and Hopes to win.

Sun Tzu

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:31 am

When you form a division there is a one turn penalty of reduced stats.
Read your tooltips!

Rafiki

Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:32 am

It's temporary. The stats will be low til the administrative costs in forming the division have been payed, i.e. usually till the next round.

The same happens when you redeploy (without the need for admiistrative costs being payed for stats to return to normal next round)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Jabberwock

Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:17 am

The costs are 10$, 1 Conscript, & 5 WS for each division.
[color="DimGray"] You deserve to be spanked[/color]

pepe4158
Colonel

Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:35 am

Thats chicken feed tho in respect for the advantages gained wouldnt you say?

Jabberwock

Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:47 pm

Definitely. It just helps to be able to calculate how much you need left over at the end of a turn.

Rafiki

Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:26 pm

Division costs aren't factored into the overviews you see in e.g. the reinforcements screen of how much you are spending that turn, so you need to make room for them yourself.
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

arsan

Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:12 pm

Rafiki wrote:Division costs aren't factored into the overviews you see in e.g. the reinforcements screen of how much you are spending that turn, so you need to make room for them yourself.

I wonder if it will be too difficult to code this change. I mean, to have the divsions cost paid for an accounted just the same that the rest of the things (replacements, reinfocemenst, political decissions...) :innocent:
I suppose there must be some kind of complication with it as its the only thing on the game that you pay differently. But surely it will easy up a lot the division problems the new players have.
Half my post (well, more or less :siffle :) answering gameplay doubts on the spanish forum are just for this. :niark:
Regards!

GrudgeBringer
Captain

Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:03 pm

Thanks guys...

I thought I had looked more than 1 turn into it but it looks as if I was mistaken.

However you pointed out something I knew but it just (whats new) went over my head.

I always keep track on paper of Divisions made in a turn so I could make sure I had the WAR SUPPLIES....

I (being the dumb a** that I am) NEVER gave conscripts or money a second thought even tho I have known this from day 1.

How the heck I continue to do well in these games even on hard setting is beyond me as I have sooooo much more to learn no matter HOW much I do learn!!!
The Good General looks to Win and then to Battle while the Poor General looks to Battle and Hopes to win.

Sun Tzu

Jabberwock

Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:53 pm

arsan wrote:I suppose there must be some kind of complication with it as its the only thing on the game that you pay differently. But surely it will easy up a lot the division problems the new players have.

Cost of repairing RR is figured the same way as divisions. That can't be changed, because you never know if you will succeed with the repair. You just need to leave a little extra for that, or it can interfere with your new divisions. Does anyone know the exact costs for each RR repair?

Pocus

Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:03 pm

arsan wrote:I wonder if it will be too difficult to code this change. I mean, to have the divsions cost paid for an accounted just the same that the rest of the things (replacements, reinfocemenst, political decissions...) :innocent:
I suppose there must be some kind of complication with it as its the only thing on the game that you pay differently. But surely it will easy up a lot the division problems the new players have.
Half my post (well, more or less :siffle :) answering gameplay doubts on the spanish forum are just for this. :niark:
Regards!

Done!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

arsan

Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Wow!! :nuts:
That are great news!!! Thanks a lot :coeurs: :coeurs:
I though it would not be possible but i´m very glad it can be done.
This exception to the general rule could be a real bitch to understand to new players (and not so new... :siffle :) .
So now, if i understand correctly, we can pay divisions cost with the money/conscripts/WS we are going to get at next turn start?? like new reinforcements and replacements?
And the cost will be reflected on the ledger?
Regards!

soloswolf
General of the Army

Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:23 pm

Nice!

This is a small, but very helpful improvement. Thanks!
My name is Aaron.

Knight of New Hampshire

GrudgeBringer
Captain

Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:24 pm

WoW agian!!!

THANKS Pocus, now I can throw my Division Cost ream of paper away.

Seriously, thank you for not only making this game better, but for also listening to these posts.

Sun Tzu

Pocus

Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:40 am

arsan wrote:Wow!! :nuts:
That are great news!!! Thanks a lot :coeurs: :coeurs:
I though it would not be possible but i´m very glad it can be done.
This exception to the general rule could be a real bitch to understand to new players (and not so new... :siffle :) .
So now, if i understand correctly, we can pay divisions cost with the money/conscripts/WS we are going to get at next turn start?? like new reinforcements and replacements?
And the cost will be reflected on the ledger?
Regards!

yes indeed, it is not a cost born has the others.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Jabberwock

Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:47 am

:coeurs:

Return to “AACW Strategy discussions”