It's a Trap

Raising units

Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:10 am

I don't know how many people already know this. But I learned that if you leave forming units inside a city it speeds their formations by a couple of days. I used to like taking them out of cities so I could more easily find them, but no u know

"And knowing is half the battle"

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:50 pm

Yes, correct.

Use the message box. The red mssg "New units..." tells you where your last ordered builds have started. For Regulars, that means 2-3 turns; 5 or 6 for ships. Militia is next turn.

Also scroll through the messages shown by the Reinforcement button - it tells you what just got built.

I have a whole system now for what I click on each turn; Outta Supply in the Roster, the order in which I display my messages, etc. Really, I have it down to a science now, I don't miss a trick anymore. I should post my method.
[color="#AFEEEE"]"Liberty and Union, now and forever, one and inseparable!"[/color]
-Daniel Webster

[color="#FFA07A"]"C'mon, boys, we got the damn Yankees on the run!"[/color]
-General Joseph Wheeler, US Army, serving at Santiago in 1898

RULES
(A) When in doubt, agree with Ace.
(B) Pull my reins up sharply when needed, for I am a spirited thoroughbred and forget to turn at the post sometimes.

slimey.rock
Major

Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:12 pm

Also something noteworthy, if you don't separate each unit recruited into indidual stack, when one element is completed the stack is reverted into defensive stance and the rest of the elements will train slower. Sometimes it can be the difference between a unit being recruited a turn late.

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:04 pm

slimey.rock wrote:Also something noteworthy, if you don't separate each unit recruited into indidual stack, when one element is completed the stack is reverted into defensive stance and the rest of the elements will train slower. Sometimes it can be the difference between a unit being recruited a turn late.

I posted about this long ago in the help to improve sub forum. I suggested having the newly built units all stacked separately to begin with. It really makes things more tedious than it has to be the current way :bonk:
"Tell General Lee that if he wants a bridge of dead Yankees I can furnish him with one."
-General William Barksdale at Fredericksburg

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:55 pm

That can't be right. I recruit units and then switch them to defensive mode temporarily and see no difference in training rates. Does it happen only after a unit is trained?

Big Ideas
Captain

Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:09 am

There isn't any difference in building time between units in defensive or passive modes. But there is a huge difference in their cohesion they start with once training has finished. Maybe not a problem in the interior but can have an effect if trained in a frontline state that has enemy cavalry or worse prowling around.

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:28 am

But if they're inside a city, shouldn't the city bonus override the posture bonus?

Big Ideas
Captain

Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:36 am

They are accumulative for cohesion recovery.
And units inside cities will use defend stance instead of passive if attacked- so you don't gain anything by changing to defensive.

Return to “AACW Strategy discussions”