Joseignacio
Sergeant

Bug: I don't win with 201 points of NM

Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:02 pm

Hello.

I am using 1.07e, and doing the Struggle for the heartland campaign with the Confederation. I am at the beginning of turn 29 and I have 201 points of NM but the game doesn't give me Victory.

Although I have a limited knowledge of computers I would bet that it has to do with the fact that I already reached temporarily the 200 points within the turn (lets say in day 8) when I was pretty close and I took Washington about 10 turns before, but then I lost it surprinsingly enough (for me) and I went back to 187? or whatever by the end of the turn (day 13, 14?).

Anyway, I won, and left the game but I thought I should post it. I am always lazy to send files but if AGEOD is interested and they need it to check what happened I could do it.

Pocus

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:28 am

Yes I would be interested by your game, but it has to show that you are at 201. Gaining some temporary morale within the turn and then losing it at day 14 does not qualify as being victorious.

Here is the procedure:
Open the following game directory: Ageod American civil war\ACW\Saves. The list of folders is the list of the games you have on your computer. Select the one with the problem (if you are unsure of the name, the time stamp can help you), then do a right click: you should have a menu to zip it into an archive, as a single file. Zip the game, and then send it by mail if under 5 Mb, or by a website* if bigger (there should be only one file to send).

*sending by a website: you can try http://www.mediafire.com, http://files-upload.com/ or http://www.yousendit.com/ the operating procedure is as simple as sending a mail.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Joseignacio
Sergeant

Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:02 pm

Ok, I will send you the zip. It shows 201 points of NM at the beginning of the mentioned turn.

Joseignacio
Sergeant

Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:23 pm

Uploaded and link sent, through Mediafire.

As I told you before, like 8 turns before (+/-3 turns) I reached 200 points within the turn and lost them before it ended.

Of course, the game didnot give me victory and I didn't win according to the rules, but I believe it behaves like I had victory (because i eventually reached 200 and supposedly won) and I wanted to go on with the game after the game end.

Pocus

Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:58 am

Got the file, but it won't be before the release of Napoleon that I will check that, sorry.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Joseignacio
Sergeant

Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:44 pm

Pocus wrote:Got the file, but it won't be before the release of Napoleon that I will check that, sorry.

It's ok, I consider that game won. :)

Pocus

Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:59 pm

Ok Checked, and again the bug eluded me. You reached 203 in my game and you won, here is the screeny (yes I know the text is too long :) )

Joseignacio
Sergeant

Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:01 am

This bug does not affect playing, so it has no importance for me. I just sent you as a curiosity.

About the text, if you hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't have realized it.

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”