Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Problems with e-mailing to AGEOD

Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:02 am

I been expiring problems with e-mailing to support@ageod.com, either I have gotten a "Delivery failure" or now last time "delayed delivery" and more and more often lately.
"Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.

Lafrite

Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:25 am

The only Ageod's officer on the deck seems be Celtic send him a PM http://www.ageod-forum.com/member.php?u=995

Rafiki

Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:12 am

Are you sending large attachments (zipped savegames, for instance)? I've had problems sending such mails to AGEod. My solution was to upload the file to a suitable location and send a mail describing the problem and with a link to the download.
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:45 pm

Rafiki wrote:Are you sending large attachments (zipped savegames, for instance)? I've had problems sending such mails to AGEod. My solution was to upload the file to a suitable location and send a mail describing the problem and with a link to the download.

Well my last one was at around 5-6Mb, is that too big? Well I think I will start following your example as that would be abit more simpler for AGEOD. Thanks Rafiki
"Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.

Rafiki

Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:15 pm

:)

Note that this only applies if the error message you get is "message too big" or similar. (5-6 MB might be too big, but I don't know how AGEod have configured their mail server(s))

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:01 am

I have after a couple of days since I sent it recivied a "Delivery Status Notification (Failure)" and it the reason was "Unable to deliver message to the following recipients (support@ageod.com), due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server." Strange, very strange indeed...

Rafiki

Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:32 am

Strange indeed.

If it persists, I'd suggest uploading the file somwhere, then sending a PM to Celtic or Pocus. Do note, however, that this might not be what they'd suggest ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Celtic

Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:18 am

You can just try to send a "test" mail without attachments to support@ageod.com and, in the same time, i'll contact my system adminitrator to look at this issue.

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:35 am

E_Mail sent...

Update: It looks like it arrived to the destination because now I got an automatic "Out of office" reply from Pocus within 30 seconds.

Pocus

Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:11 am

send the attachment directly to phmalacher@gmail.com then

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”