christof139
Lieutenant

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:21 pm

Korrigan wrote:Glad it turned out this way! :cwboy:

Yes, me too!!! And thanx again for the concern and advice.

I was very depressed and angry at my compooter, but in reality I am always angry and disgusted with compooters. Sometimes compooters and all electronic systems just go nuts, haywire, so I think they have minds of their own per the Terminator movies.

Chris
That's a USS Cairo class river ironclad, one of Pook's turtles.

Pocus

Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:59 pm

Bottom line for people experiencing random crashes or blue screen: you can safely switch to an Omega Driver, they are very stable and will at worst perform as well as the originals, and in many cases better.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Franciscus

Sun May 20, 2007 10:08 pm

Maybe just putting a little sand in the engine, but people should be aware that Omega drivers seem to be "dying". The last version is 7.1, of January 2007, and previously they followed more or less the ATI monthly updates. Meaning, they are now roughly 4 versions "late". Worse, on the Omega site, the last news is from 29/4 stating that "in the next week" he should be posting an update of the Omega's... 3 weeks have passed, and nothing.
Nevertheless, I must say that I use Omega drivers for more than a year and are happy with them (although they do not prevent me from the %&#*! textures issue in AACW :p leure: ); and we are in a difficult period of transition to VISTA compatible drivers. But it seems there is a real risk of Omega drivers becoming "obsolete" in the not-so-distant future.

Primasprit

Sun May 20, 2007 10:26 pm

Hi Franciscus!

Franciscus wrote:Maybe just putting a little sand in the engine, but people should be aware that Omega drivers seem to be "dying". The last version is 7.1, of January 2007, and previously they followed more or less the ATI monthly updates.
[...]
But it seems there is a real risk of Omega drivers becoming "obsolete" in the not-so-distant future.

It would be a pity if the Omega Drivers die, but I don't think this will be an issue for the ATI9800 owners. I doubt that the new Ati driver versions contain any optimizations for these old cards anymore, actually there have been reports that older drivers run more stable then the most recent ones.

McGlu
Conscript

Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:27 pm

I tried the Omega drivers a month or so ago to try to fix the perf issue with BoA and my ATI9800. But, I got a blue screen the second I logged in and got to the desktop - had to uninstall Omega. :(

Franciscus

Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:22 pm

I would like just to correct myself, as a new set of Omega drivers (based on ATI 7.4) has been released about 3 weeks ago. I installed them, with no problems.
Hope Omega keeps his good work.

Alzate
Private

Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:26 pm

well
i have a ATI1280*800 card in my new laptop and the game is very unstable with the latest patches. muche worse than in the old PC. it takes hours to load and very often there are CTDs. :p leure:

i am not very profficient in IT and a bit reluctant to tinker with/eliminate installed programmes. do you think the only solution is to install the omega drivers?
could this issue be solved in future AGEOD games?
a pity for its is a really good game

Pocus

Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:53 pm

Hi,

What are your system specs and the driver date used?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Alzate
Private

Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:21 pm

Pocus wrote:Hi,

What are your system specs and the driver date used?

Intel (R) core (TM2) CPU. T5600 @1.83Ghz
ATI (1280*800) Mobility radeon XL 1800

thanks for your help

Pocus

Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:30 pm

And the driver date?

I can try to tweak your in-game options first, to see if things improve, send me a mail at support@ageod.com please

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”