iceboy
Corporal

Game Overwriting My Saves

Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:54 pm

Love the game! The only problem I have with it is it keeps overwriting my save games whether I name them myself or not! How can I prevent this?

Adlertag

Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:58 pm

Do you use the "CRTL" click on save button, to save under a specific name of your choice ?
La mort est un mur, mourir est une brèche.

iceboy
Corporal

Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:22 pm

Yes like I said even if I name them myself... :(

Frank E

Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:30 pm

iceboy wrote:Love the game! The only problem I have with it is it keeps overwriting my save games whether I name them myself or not! How can I prevent this?

Working as intended, you can't change that unfortunately. Every turn it will do a new save under whatever the current save name is. You can get around it by renaming your save game. ... it will keep save with the old name and won't update that one.

Alternately, if you want to back up a couple of turns in your current game, mouse over the file names in the load menu and you'll get a tooltip for how to do it. I can't remember the shortcut atm.

Spharv2

Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:33 pm

Yep...if you look in the saves folder, you'll see that the game keeps backups of your turns, so you can always go back to a previous turn if you need to. I would advise paying close attention to the dates, that way you know how far back to go.

iceboy
Corporal

Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:38 pm

Spharv2 wrote:Yep...if you look in the saves folder, you'll see that the game keeps backups of your turns, so you can always go back to a previous turn if you need to. I would advise paying close attention to the dates, that way you know how far back to go.

Ah ok I think I see now. So everytime you reload you have to resave under a new name or otherwise it will be overwritten.

As far as the backups-How do you access those in the game itself? I cant seem to find those anywhere...

Ah! I see the tooltip now...Hit Home Key to restore to previous turn...

Pocus

Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:25 am

you don't have to rename your save each time you play, the backups are there. If you are not satisfied with your turn, just backup one turn and restart from there.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”