Merck
Conscript

shadow units in patch117a

Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:37 am

I did a clean install of AACW and then patch 117a as per the Windows 7 instructions. Everything is fine except several of my units *appear* to be in different spots. Milnow is really in St Louis and shows up in the menu bar, but visually there is a picture of him near Rolla and I can click on it and relocate him to St Louis as if he was always there (that is I move him to STL, drop him there and he just disappears). Plus if I try and send him to Springfield it traces a path from STL. Similar problems in Virginia relating to Fairfax and some part of the peninsula. Am I going to need to do another install or is there something else afoot?

Jim-NC

Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:58 pm

It sounds like there is something with your installation. I have seen troops sometimes show up 1 region over (but if you hover over them it says they are in the correct region), but not several regions over. If it is only 1 region over, then that happens, you just need to remember where they are.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

grimjaw
General

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:45 pm

I have the same or a similar issue. It can be readily reproduced. I'm using patch 1.17a. I did not notice it on 1.15x or a few of the early 1.16x patches.

I have a stack with multiple entities (brigades, divisions, leaders, etc). The stack is OUTSIDE (either afloat or not in a structure on land). If I select one or more of the entities in the stack and drag it on to the stack itself, creating a new stack outside in the same region, it will represent that stack visually down a few regions. I can click and drag the stack back up to the region it says it's actually in with no issues. I can do any normal operation to the visually misplaced stack and there are no errors. The only thing I can find wrong is where it drops the new stack. It doesn't happen if I select the units and instead of dropping them on the parent stack, I drop them on the unoccupied land in the region somewhere.

It's been annoying but I've been dealing with it. I had it happen on both Windows XP and Windows 7. I'm willing to be shown that it's something in my installation, but you're going to have to do a significant amount of work to prove it to me.

jm

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”