exar83
Private

A few problems with 1.17

Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:47 pm

I've been having some serious problems with the new patch. I played through with the CSA and nothing I couldn't handle. But now i just got to Late October 1862 as the USA and unfortunately it was the best game i've played with the USA so far in years and it's done with now. For some reason I can't click on cities to see forces or even select most of my stacks nor can i right click to flip between the information panel and my stacks, it's just unresponsive. I went to load a previous save before this happened as I save every turn just for this reason and I noticed I had every save for the CSA turns but it only saved 3 turns in my whole USA game!! One save in May 61 and two in Jan 62!! I guess I should've checked but i've never had this problem before and it didn't give me any errors when I saved each turn. It acted like everything was fine. I think I'm going to have to revert to 1.16. That was an awesome patch and I haven't seen any improvement in 1.17 that is worth the grief it's giving me. If you have a solution that would be great otherwise I guess you can just chalk this post up to another recorded issue with the new patch and maybe it will help someone else. Otherwise thanks for all your hard work and it's an amazing game and i'll keep playing on 1.16 until AACW2 is released. Can't wait!! Thanks guys!!

exar83
Private

Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:55 pm

Actually I can see Early Sept 62 USA save file in my save game directory but it doesn't show up when I load the game. Is there anyway for me to get this turn to show up when I load the game? If I can get that to load maybe I can continue the USA game. Any suggestions would be great. If I can salvage this it would be awesome. The problem may manifest again when I advance to Oct 62 but it's worth a shot if I can just get Sept 62 to load and try from there.

lodilefty

Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:19 pm

You mayt be experiencing Vista/Win 7 issues with your saves.

Try this:
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Vista_Saved_Games

Section 1 to find them, but most important, you should install per section 3 to be safe.

Honestly, I doubt it is the patch doing this to you.....
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

exar83
Private

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:48 am

I have Win7 6.1. It wouldn't surprise me if it was Win causing this. I just thought it might be the patch cus I installed 1.16 and it fixed a few issues and drastically improved game play for just being a patch and when I upgraded to 1.17 it all went down the crapper. However, it appears I fixed it somehow by following your instructions and troubleshooting it and I reverted to a compatibility with WinXP but it gave me graphics error messages and wouldn't run so I cleared any and all changes and that some how fixed it. Not sure how or why but that gave it the kick it needed to start working right again. So for now I will continue to use 1.17. Thank you for your help.

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”