Wraith
Sergeant

Possible Tech Issues with PBEM

Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:48 am

I'm really concerned about this issue that's come up with regards to a PBEM game between Jerzul and myself. When setting up our options for our game, we selected Long Delay Commitment and Normal FI. I had started a few AI games in the interim, or had since started one or two. However, the settings on my side of the game are showing that I need 75FI (that is, the Easy setting).

Are options set by the host not binding on the game itself and does the game use the local options for these things? I don't mean to 'cheat' per-se, as I want to actually play with the settings that we agreed to and not the ones I play against the AI with.

lodilefty

Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:58 am

Yes, those choices are dynamic, can be changed mid-game.

You need to set FI for the PBEM, restart the game [not just the save], play P?BEM, set options for AI, restart, etc...

PITA, but WAD..
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Wraith
Sergeant

Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:56 pm

So, really, I should have one install for PBEM, and one for AI play?

Wraith
Sergeant

Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:07 pm

New issue has arisen:

I have a corps under Longstreet--his on-map counter is showing that he's in Faquier, VA, and has been for several turns. However, his actual location is showing as Spotsylvania, VA, along with another Corps and the Army command. I can switch divisions between them freely, but attempting to move Longstreet anywhere (including to Spotsylvania) is showing as requiring several days march... for instance, when I move the unit card within Faquier it says that he has to march out to whatever province is north of Fredricksburg and then back into Manassas.

I'll ask Jerzul to supply the savegames (the last four turns if you don't mind).

Jerzul
Captain

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:56 pm

[ATTACH]20210[/ATTACH]

Here is the save game.
Attachments
Jerzul vs Wraith save game.zip
(416.55 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
I have heard, in such a way as to believe it, of your recently saying that both the army and the government needed a dictator. Of course it was not for this, but in spite of it, that I have given you the command. Only those generals who gain success can be dictators. What I now ask of you is military success, and I will risk the dictatorship.

-Abraham Lincoln, 1863, in a letter to Major General Joseph Hooker.

Jerzul
Captain

Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:17 am

Does anyone have any comments on the above situation? The game is on unbearable :bonk: delay. Any help would be appreciated!
I have heard, in such a way as to believe it, of your recently saying that both the army and the government needed a dictator. Of course it was not for this, but in spite of it, that I have given you the command. Only those generals who gain success can be dictators. What I now ask of you is military success, and I will risk the dictatorship.

-Abraham Lincoln, 1863, in a letter to Major General Joseph Hooker.

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”