apd1004
Civilian

River ship built in wrong spot

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:46 am

As the Union player in the 1861 campaign, I created a river ironclad in Missouri but it appeared in Detroit. Version 1.16a.

Is there a way I can mod the location of it, like from Detroit to St. Louis? I'm not familiar with modding ACW but when I open the .trn file for the save game and searched for the name of the ship (USS Neosho), it wasn't anywhere in the file. Am I looking in the wrong spot?

Thanks

lodilefty

Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:23 pm

Arrival outside MO is WAD. Loyalty amd WSU rules...

Read the notes on "RaiseRule" on page 1 of the Readme...

I suppose you could cheat and edit the hst and trn files, but I have no idea which param to change [you won't see "Detroit" as the saves use mostly UID numbers in a specic, fixed sequence]
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

apd1004
Civilian

Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:59 pm

Ok, thanks for the quick response. At least now I know what caused it. I am just coming back to the game after about a 4 year absence.

Now if the Rebs decide to come in through Canada, they'll have not only the Michigan to contend with, but the Neosho as well. I can send her to Cleveland so the crew can have some R&R at the Rock N Roll HOF.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is WAD? Did a quick search but couldn't find definition.

As I read the parameters in the readme, everything seemed to fit but it was the loyalty that did it. (MO is 13% in my game)

vonRocko
Colonel

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:28 pm

apd1004 wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but what is WAD? Did a quick search but couldn't find definition.

That's shorthand for: "working as designed".

lodilefty

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:47 pm

apd1004 wrote:Ok, thanks for the quick response. At least now I know what caused it. I am just coming back to the game after about a 4 year absence.

Now if the Rebs decide to come in through Canada, they'll have not only the Michigan to contend with, but the Neosho as well. I can send her to Cleveland so the crew can have some R&R at the Rock N Roll HOF.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is WAD? Did a quick search but couldn't find definition.

As I read the parameters in the readme, everything seemed to fit but it was the loyalty that did it. (MO is 13% in my game)

There is a canal from Great Lakes to the Mississippi. Simply drag onto a [non-frozen] river region "down there" to use the canal.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

apd1004
Civilian

Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:46 pm

lodilefty wrote:There is a canal from Great Lakes to the Mississippi. Simply drag onto a [non-frozen] river region "down there" to use the canal.

Yep, I finally saw that and remembered it from when I played the game years ago. It also works on the Ohio-Erie canal from Lake Erie to the upper Ohio River.

Thanks for the help!

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”