zar
Conscript

AI does nothing

Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:07 am

I dont know if this is a technical issue or a user issue.
In all my games, the AI does not do ANYTHING. I have reviewed the forum posts about aggressiveness and other option tips but after 26 turns the USA AI player had built up a war supply of 4276! I dont get it....
Please help.

Pocus

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:18 am

Do you see the AI moves stacks? Have you kept checked the AI box in the Options Window?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

zar
Conscript

Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:51 pm

i started a new game, with aggressiveness checked all way to right. the AI worked for about 10 turns then stopped. I processed a full year but the AI does nothing.

zar
Conscript

Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:52 pm

Pocus wrote:Do you see the AI moves stacks? Have you kept checked the AI box in the Options Window?

Which AI box are you refering to?

zar
Conscript

Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:02 pm

i checked options and I do have AI checked. I ran a few more turns and Longstreet in spring 1862 has bypassed DC and Baltimore and captured a small city(dont remember name) and no AI response.

zar
Conscript

Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:02 pm

Pocus wrote:Do you see the AI moves stacks? Have you kept checked the AI box in the Options Window?

THe ai does not move stacks.
I have a screen shot of an error message that may be the reason for the AI to stop working.

The AI operates normal until I get the file has been moved or deleted, do you want to recreate it. When I select Yes, the same window reappears. It does this until I select No. After this the AI stops working. I have checked my admin rights to the fill and I have full control. I have also added the folder to the main director, save directory and the current game directory but after each turn the window reappears with the same message.
I have the newest patch of 1.16.
Need Help!
Attachments
Save error.png

Pocus

Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:39 am

That must be Vista/Seven that is relocating dynamically these data to another directory, it may happens. For some reasons the people at Microsoft thought it was a good idea to have all users data on the system partition.

What I would advise you is to deinstall the game, and then put it back in another partition (not C : If you have only one partition (something that is not safe, data wise), then install the game in another directory than C:\Program Files, for example C:\games\blah-blah...

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”