gchristie
Brigadier General

screen resolution

Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:06 pm

Greetings,

I recently upgraded to 1.16 RC9 and when I try to start a game the screen looks like this - I can't access the game options button - (see attached)

The maximum display settings for my monitor are 1440 x 900 which is the recommended setting and the highest setting I can choosse.

The thing is, this wasn't a problem for me with RC7 or previous patches including 1.15.

Please advise.
Attachments
RC9.jpg
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

lodilefty

Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:55 pm

gchristie wrote:Greetings,

I recently upgraded to 1.16 RC9 and when I try to start a game the screen looks like this - I can't access the game options button - (see attached)

The maximum display settings for my monitor are 1440 x 900 which is the recommended setting and the highest setting I can choosse.

The thing is, this wasn't a problem for me with RC7 or previous patches including 1.15.

Please advise.

I get that occasionally with Vista. :blink:

I always run in 'Windowed' mode
(Configuration Utility - Display Tab - Fixed Resolution withh Border)

Click anywhere on the menu bar at bottom, then on the game window
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

gchristie
Brigadier General

Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:18 pm

Using the AGESettings utility I selected "Fixed resolution with borders" and restarted the game and still see the problem. I'm using Windows 7 and when I left click on the menu bar at the bottom then on the game window nothing happens.

I must be missing something but thanks for your answer.
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

Nikel

Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:13 pm

Compared with the taskbar the in-game graphics look a bit blurry in the screenshot you posted.

What is the resolution selected in the utility?

With the last patch and the lower resolution allowed here (1024 x 768) the graphics fit nicely

gchristie
Brigadier General

Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:03 pm

Nikel,

I am using the screen resolution my computer recommends as optimal, 1440 x 900. That is as high as my monitor can go. I tried using the resolution you suggested within the AGESettings utility but that did not fix the problem.

The game graphics are working fine on my older laptop, which has Windows 7 Professional. The PC in questions is running Windows 7 Home version if that makes any difference.

Nikel

Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:00 pm

But the game is not using that resolution, is it?

If it was not happening before I suppose is a bug, though cannot understand how there is no enough room with 1440, with 1024 there is enough

Go to (or the equivalent folder in your setup)

C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEod's American Civil War\ACW\Settings

And open display.opt with a text editor, post the text here

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”