DarthMath
Colonel

Strange freezing screen

Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:13 pm

Hi all,

Quite a long time I hadn't post here !! ;)
In a recent PBEM game, I've had a strange freezing screen bug. I tried to load from both sides, changed some moves and settings, and sent the files to some friends to see if they experienced the same thing.
None of them succeed to resolve turn, but another strange thing is that freezing occurs in different place ... :bonk:
I've nothing like a fatal error problem, nor a problem pointed in the log file.

I send you the entire file, if someone can solve that, it would be really helpful !!
Thanks in advance !! :wavey:
Attachments
JmloUSA_MathCSA.rar
(392.84 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
"You know, in this world, there's two kind of people, my friend. Those who have a loaded gun, and those who dig in. You dig in ..." :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:58 am

Welcome back, DarthMath! :thumbsup:

I have tested your file several times with both sides in my 1.15 patch installation and the game always gets stuck in the battle of Stewart, TN. As you have not posted the backups, I have not been able to restore some previous turns and then go forward to check your game. But you can do it. ;)

Anyway, I think it may be some corrupt file... :wacko:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pocus

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:50 am

it worked fine on my PC, here is the new turn.
Attachments
pbemok.zip
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 217 times

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

DarthMath
Colonel

Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:03 pm

Many thanks to both of you. ;)

Any idea for the reason it works nowhere but on your PC, Pocus ? I'm quite confused about this freezing ... I thought of some sort of memory leeking, or something like that, but in that case, I would have had an error message, wouldn't I ? Well, it's strange ... :bonk:

Anyway, thanks for resolving the turn !! We must continue the fight !! You're definitely the man !! :thumbsup:
"You know, in this world, there's two kind of people, my friend. Those who have a loaded gun, and those who dig in. You dig in ..." :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pocus

Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:07 pm

Perhaps this is because I'm running latest code and not you... Happy gaming and say hello to JMLO :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

DarthMath
Colonel

Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:24 pm

Ah ok ... Thanks, it'll be done ... ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”