DJ Rebel
Conscript

Where is my serial key?

Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:34 am

Hi all.
I have just bought AGEOD's American Civil War game, but there was no serial key with the game? There was no game manual and I cannot find anything on the cd itself. How am I supposed to play the game?

arsan

Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:13 am

Hi!
Where did you bought it? in a retail store?
Which country and version of the game (publisher)
For what i know regular retail editions should have a manual with the serial printed on the back. :confused:

Regards

DJ Rebel
Conscript

Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:05 am

Yeah, I bought the game in a retail store. I live in Denmark, the game is the english version. I also guessed that the cd-key would be printed on the back of a game manual, but there came no manual with my game. Only the cd :confused:

arsan

Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:55 am

Hi!
There are several retail game editions in different countries done by different publishers. Not sure what is yours. But i think all should have a printed manual, and of course all must have a serial key.
Was the box sealed? If so, maybe you had bad luck and got a defective one.
You should try first to go to the shop and ask them to change it for a complete one.
You can also send an email to support@ageod.com explaining the issue, and giving all the details and some proof of purchase (like a scan/photo of the ticket/receipt)
They will give you "professional" support :thumbsup:
I'm just an amateur! :bonk: :)
Regards!

DJ Rebel
Conscript

Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:13 pm

Allright, I went to the store today and complained about the lack of the manuel and therefore the cd-key. They opened another box (same game) and the manual was also missing from there.

This is what the game case look like:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/514QdMKAuQL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

The store then removed the game from their shelves, and gave me a phonenumber for Atari, and told me I should try getting a cd-key from them. Otherwise I should come back to the store for additional support...

This is so annoying. Do I really have to call the publishing company for a cd-key to a game I have legally bought? The stre I bought the game in thinks so... oh well, since I can't prove that I have bought the game legally, then I doubt I can get a cd-key from this website. Which would certanly make it easier for me. Oh well, I'll give them a call tommorow and report back here.

Cheers.

Gray_Lensman

Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:50 pm

deleted

DJ Rebel
Conscript

Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:18 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:Atari is not the publishing company, AGEod is. I'd follow Arsan's instructions and send an email to support@ageod.com. Contacting Atari for a game they did not publish will only result in more frustration.

Okay, I have just written support@ageod.com an mail with request for help. You have probally saved me for an confusing conversation with Atari :blink:

I really want to play this game, so I hope they can provide me with a key *fingers crossed*

Pocus

Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:34 am

We will, but we are not the publisher either, except for digital sells. Who is written as the publisher on the box you bought? It would mean they screwed big if they sold boxes without a manual and a key!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Nikel

Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:46 am

The screenshot he provided is identical to this one sold by Ascaron

http://www.ascaron.com/historyoffer/

Perhaps he meant Ascaron, not Atari, or it was in the shop were they confused Ascaron with Atari

DJ Rebel
Conscript

Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:09 pm

Nikel wrote:The screenshot he provided is identical to this one sold by Ascaron

http://www.ascaron.com/historyoffer/

Perhaps he meant Ascaron, not Atari, or it was in the shop were they confused Ascaron with Atari

They defiently said Atari. They must have been confused about the name.
That is the same box cover as I have, but there is no mention of any company besides AGEOD's anywhere on the box... ?

Someone certanly screwed big time. When I get the chance, I will ask the store where I bought it if they have learned anything. They said that they would look into this (they were also angered by this, they had to remove the game form their store afterall).

If you want, then I can take a picture of the back of my game cover, but there really is no mention of anyone besides AGEOD.

Pocus

Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:39 pm

There is no mention of the publisher, even in the back of the box or on the side? This would be surprising.
99% sure this is Ascaron. But I don't think all the boxes are missing a manual either. Something went wrong with the print shop and they must be warned of the problem. Thanks for your report.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

haugeby
Civilian

Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:12 pm

Hi DJ Rebel
I also have just bought the game and there were no Serial Key with my game as well. The case looks just like yours. I bought it in Norway. PLZ add info if you solve this problem.

Rafiki

Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:45 pm

Hi Hilltown, and welcome to the forums :)

Where did you buy your copy? I can't remember seeing that version in any stores here in Norway? :confused:
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

haugeby
Civilian

Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:08 pm

Just bought it from Spaceworld Haugesund.
Cherrs

Pocus

Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:43 am

I got some news from Ascaron. They had some faulty boxes (less than 5% of the run). I believe you are both in this case. Please send me a mail at pmalacher@age-studio.com with a proof of purchase (scan of the ticket) and it will do. Sorry for your inconveniences.

haugeby
Civilian

Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:58 pm

Hi

I have sendt you a mail.

Pocus

Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:18 pm

I replied to you.

TEP
Conscript

*Sigh!*

Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:46 pm

Same deal here - no manual, no serial key - just a box with the CD.
The store will do nothing because the box has been unwrapped.
Can you help me if I e-mail you the receipt?

Lafrite

Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:31 pm

I got some news from Ascaron. They had some faulty boxes (less than 5% of the run). I believe you are both in this case. Please send me a mail at pmalacher@age-studio.com with a proof of purchase (scan of the ticket) and it will do. Sorry for your inconveniences.

Hello, follow the same procedure.

Warning : Pocus is maybe in weekend

Diggy
Conscript

No serial key for me too !

Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:45 pm

Hei -
It is Christmas eve here and to my joy I have gotten AACW. But to my disgust I cannot find a serial key because there is no manual included in the packaging.

I bought my game at SpaceWorld (MetroSenter Mall) in Norway. This ain't fair ! Plz send me my validation key !

:(

Primasprit

Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:53 pm

Diggy wrote:Hei -
It is Christmas eve here and to my joy I have gotten AACW. But to my disgust I cannot find a serial key because there is no manual included in the packaging.

I bought my game at SpaceWorld (MetroSenter Mall) in Norway. This ain't fair ! Plz send me my validation key !

:(

Hi Diggy,

sorry for the inconvenience, I guess you have a boxed copy of Ascaron too? :(
Can you please write a mail as Pocus advised in post #15?

Anyway, Merry Christmas to you! :)

Cheers
Norbert

Rafiki

Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:22 am

Hi Diggy and welcome to the forums :)

Provided you're talking about the Metro Center at Lørenskog, I could've printed a serial key and then sent it to you via folded paper plane once Pocus has verified your purchase :D

(Happy to see more Norwegian gamers discover AGEOD's games :) )
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Diggy
Conscript

Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:17 pm

Hi everyone -
Thanks for the response, nice knowing someone is willing to help. I have sent a mail with proof of purchase to Pocus, but now checking my Inbox I see that he already sent a key to me 10 minutes before I mailed him !

Kudos to everyone for the prompt action, I'm sure this game is going to be something special.

p.s. - Merry Xmas to all !!!!!!!
:thumbsup:

Pocus

Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:54 pm

To you too Diggy :)

Leonine
Civilian

Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:48 pm

I bought the game but no cdkey or the manual. I live in Finland.
Also I have no equiment to take pictures. What now?

Pocus

Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:31 pm

If you can't provide a proof of purchase (scan or photo of the receipt), then I guess you should turn toward the publisher:

If you need a new, default free, box, you should ask the publisher's support: se.support@atari.com. (English or Swedish)

Customers can also call: +46 8 605 36 11 btw 17-20 (except bank holidays). The telephone support is Swedish-language-only.

Leonine
Civilian

Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:12 am

Pocus wrote:If you can't provide a proof of purchase (scan or photo of the receipt).

Now I have a photo of the receipt. I already sent it to support@ageod.com

How long this should take?

Pocus

Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Are you K.K? I answered you. ;)

Leonine
Civilian

Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:03 pm

Pocus wrote:Are you K.K? I answered you. ;)

Yes, that's me. I got the serial number. Thank you very much.
Finally I can play :thumbsup:

bgdv378
Civilian

Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:46 pm

Hello. My name is David Russo and I purchased your game through the online download portion of your store up on the web. When I cleaned up my hard drive, I happened to save the download manager application supported by Real Networks, but I believe that I failed to save the serial code that was sent to me in an email (if it was sent in an email, as I originally bought this game a little over a year ago). I do not a receipt, but could you possibly look in your records for my name and see that I made a purchase so that I could get another serial key? ATTACHMENT OF SCREENSHOT OF DOWNLOAD MANAGER PROGRAM ON NEXT PAGE OF THREAD!

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”