jdeflume
Conscript

Using Vista Continued Problem with install

Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:27 pm

I too have a cival war heritage which is why I bought this game.

However I can't get it installed the registry utility doesn't appear. It gets to the last page in the install and just gets hung up. I have tried to go into the settings folder and type in my reg. code and that doesn't work either. I even tried another older computer with XP and it does the same thing. I opened a ticket with the company and that was a waste of time. Has nayone had this problem can someone help I just want to play the game.

Gray_Lensman

Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:56 am

deleted

jdeflume
Conscript

Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:05 am

I purchased the game from Circuit City last Saturday. have been trying to get it to work ever since.

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:55 am

[color="Blue"]Posts moved here, as this is the best place to post when you are facing a problem if you want an answer.[/color]

[color="Blue"]Korrigan[/color]
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

Gray_Lensman

Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:16 am

deleted

jdeflume
Conscript

Continued Problem with install

Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:45 am

On the forum a suggestion was to edit where it was saved I saved it in C\Ageod's American Cival War without the file extension of Program Files, So the game was saved as suggested. This didn't work either? I have tried to manually type in serial number in the setting file in general.opt I have unstalled and reinstalled several times etc.
I saw on the forum that it was suggested that maybe I need a general.opt file emailed to me with correct text. Let me know and I can send my serial code. I have attached dx diag, main log and general.opt.

I am at a loss at this point of what to do I think I've tried everything. I am dying to play this game since I study history and the Civial War any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Pocus

Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:25 pm

what happen exactly after you enter the code in the general.opt file, when you launch the game? Does it crashes, or complain that the code is invalid?

You can send me your code at pmalacher@age-studio.com and I'll return you a working general.opt file. If the problem stems from there, you should be able to launch the game.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

jdeflume
Conscript

Game won't open freezes on last intallg screen-wait for program to finish installing

Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:02 pm

Since the registration utility did'nt come up I typed in the code that was given to me by cdv support into the settings file in the general.opt and saved it as it appears below.
7. Serial number (unencrypted, keep this file for you only)
Serial=****************************************
When I tried to open the game using the shortcut it opend with a black screen with AGE 2.0 at the bottom left and just froze. I had to go to my task manager to close the application.

My code is as follows *************************************

So no luck yet thanks for your help

[color="Blue"]
Serial keys/codes removed; never write serial keys in public! - Rafiki[/color]

jdeflume
Conscript

Thanks

Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:10 pm

Nice Catch Sorry!

jdeflume
Conscript

copy of main log

Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:31 pm

Here's the main log hope it helps
Attachments

Pocus

Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:54 am

Please contact me at pmalacher@age-studio.com, I will get back to you with a new key, as the one you published have to be invalidated.

I'll also need your DxDiag file, thanks.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”