Pubcrawler
Private

Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:52 pm

Great AAR. Too bad we couldn't see the end. I'm guessing you could've pulled it off!

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:22 pm

I know for a fact that this would have worked. I hammered the Union following this AAR. I played through twice with both campaigns ending in victory for the CSA. I did do a few things different, like getting the Brits in on the fight by 1862 in both runs.

Pdubya64, are you going to start a new AAR anytime in the near future?

Pdubya64
Captain

Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:30 am

Hmmm... well, I am following the v1.09 developments fairly closely, so it might be pretty soon. However, it really depends on how the game seems to play with the upcoming comprehensive patches. In other words, if the v1.1 patch (my conjecture btw) is working without the types of issues we have had pop up recently, then chances are fairly good I will get a campaign underway soon if not immediately.

I am going to wait until Gray Lensman completes the railroad work he has been so diligently laboring on- hence it may be a bit longer guys.

Cheers,
Pdubya
"Yonder stands Jackson like a stone wall; let us go to his assistance." - CSA BrigGen Barnard Bee at First Manassas

lord_st_spirit
Conscript

Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:41 am

Thank you for this great AAR, Pdubya64. I just hope you'll post a complete one soon !

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:05 pm

Sounds good Pduby. I look forward to seeing it.
[color="DarkGreen"][SIZE="2"]“We may be annihilated, but we cannot be conquered.”

- General Albert Sidney Johnston[/size][/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[CENTER][color="DarkGreen"]AGEod's American Civil War Wiki - [/color][color="DarkGreen"]AACWWiki[/color][/CENTER]

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:07 pm

Sounds great, I can't wait to see it Pduby.
[color="DarkGreen"][SIZE="2"]“We may be annihilated, but we cannot be conquered.”

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[CENTER][color="DarkGreen"]AGEod's American Civil War Wiki - [/color][color="DarkGreen"]AACWWiki[/color][/CENTER]

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:08 pm

Pduby, I can't wait to see your future work.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:14 pm

Sounds good Pduby, I can't wait to see the future work.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Laruku
General of the Army

Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:09 pm

Thanks for this great AAR. I'm learning to play with it. Please keep the good work as you wish.

Pdubya64
Captain

Late March update...

Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:31 pm

Hi all:

Just a quick note to bring everyone interested up-to-date on my next Grand Campaign AAR.

It may end up being a while. If any of you have been following the AI ("Athena") threads, I am very interested in the forum "brain trust" and AGEOD's solution to the apparent lack of Army HQ efficiency by the AI right now. This is critical for the majority of us who play vs. the computer AI in providing a decent opponent.
I have great faith that the gang will come up with a good solution, but it may take some time. Also, I am still going to wait on Gray Lensman to finish the Railroad and Canal historic updates; it shouldn't be too much longer before Gray completes this hopefully. I know he'd be the first to wish it was already done, but accuracy counts more than speed anyway.

Look forward to providing you all with an improved AAR, as I have gotten some great ideas from all the other contributors here.
Until the next update,

Cheers! :gardavou:
pw
"Yonder stands Jackson like a stone wall; let us go to his assistance." - CSA BrigGen Barnard Bee at First Manassas

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:36 pm

Hey Pdubya, what is the latest word on your next AAR? I am looking forward to reading it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pdubya64
Captain

Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:38 pm

DW:
Well, I hate to sound like a broken record here, but there are still a number of game-changing issues (as I like to think of them) that need to be addressed before I start a new campaign again.

I guess the only downside to having such an intelligent and active forum and mod community is that they keep stumbling across new problems with the game. Personally, I find that a small price to pay for having such a great bunch of guys here to work with and get to know.

Anyway, instead of trying to guess as to when I will start this time, my answer is "I don't know...". Probably what I should have said from day one, but, meh, we all misjudge things right?

Thanks for the interest,
Pdubya

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:41 pm

No worries mate. I will keep an eye open for it. I just enjoyed this one so much, I wanted to see where you would lead us in the rest of the war.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “American Civil War AARs”