charlesonmission

Late October 1865 Part 2

Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:01 pm

Late October 1865 Part 2

Tennessee (continued)

Looking at TN you’ll see that a couple Union brigades have moved to cut the Pulaski Nashville RR. Nashville has 443 GS, so this doesn’t really matter now. A division led by Buckner will try to capture the rest of half of the Union force in TN. Hampton’s former division still goes to Atlanta. Kershaw, who has healed after Grant’s attack nearly killed him, heads to Atlanta to form a division there in a couple turns.

[ATTACH]16772[/ATTACH]

Georgia and South Carolina

The Union moves in a division to Jasper. That leaves 4 divisions in Savannah and 1 in Augusta. At this point, I’m not sure what the Union is going to do, perhaps nothing. I am a little surprised the Union has tried to attack Charlestown with all 6 divisions in a coordinated attack. However, they haven’t, and they don’t seem to be interested in doing so at this point. Kearny’s force leaves South and heads to North Carolina.

[ATTACH]16773[/ATTACH]

North Carolina

Kearny’s 2 division on red supply are in Lexington.

[ATTACH]16774[/ATTACH]

Virginia

The Union sends a division south of Petersburg, basically Petersburg is has 3 divisions around it, but the west is vacant and Lee is to the north. A Union fleet blockades Hampton Roads. I have a cavalry and infantry regiment which will try to go through Burkeville to reinforce Jackson in Richmond.

[ATTACH]16775[/ATTACH]

Politics and Economy

I’m going with the prisoner of war exchange. As the war is coming to an end, it times to let the boys go home, as was the case in the real war. Of course, the Union may not have agreed. I currently have 7,700 PoW.

Replacements – 2 line, 1 light artillery, 3 heavy artillery
Industrialization - None

I’ve almost used all my money now.

RR – 0
River - 0

CSA NM – 98 (same from the previous turn)

Union NM – 85 (down 2 from the previous turn)

It’s turn 103, and only 5 turns remain.

[ATTACH]16776[/ATTACH]
Attachments
LOct10.JPG
LOct9.JPG
LOct8.JPG
LOct7.JPG
LOct6.JPG

charlesonmission

Early November 1865 Part 1

Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:12 am

No big battles, but the CSA captured some more Union forces in eastern TN and eastern MS. The Union now has 5 divisions next to Memphis. More details coming later.

Charles

charlesonmission

Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:23 pm

The Union still looks at Memphis. Other Union forces are surrendering in MS and eastern TN. The Union fleet takes a shocking 210+hits off the coast of Norfolk.

Missouri/IT

My partisan unit takes Ft. Smith and is heading back to Cherokee.

Arkansas and Texas

Texas is still in CSA hands. Arkansas is still in Union hands apart from Malvern.

Louisiana

Gordon’s division stays in NO, there are no threats nearby. However, it seems right to end the game soon with a division there. NO was such an important city from the CSA.

Mississippi and Alabama.

The CSA wins a couple battles in MS and AL. Forest and some other forces are trying to converge on the remaining Union forces in central MS. A large force Union force continues to eye Memphis (look at the TN pictures)

[ATTACH]16788[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16789[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16790[/ATTACH]

Tennessee

Magruder’s 2 divisions + of 16,000 men in Memphis face 5 divisions led by Lyon in Austin MS. This could be the last big battle of the war. Meanwhile Hampton was promoted to 2 starts. However, I may have made a mistake in doing this. Yes, ne now controls a corps with MTSG in Dyer, but it cost a whopping 116 VP. I always forget to think about this, and I’ve forgotten how to check what the VP cost will be before the promotion. I now have an advantage of about 220 VPs.

[ATTACH]16791[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16792[/ATTACH]
Attachments
ENov5.JPG
ENov4.JPG
ENov3.JPG
ENov2.JPG
ENov1.JPG

charlesonmission

Early November Part 2

Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:31 pm

Early November 1865 Part 2

Tennessee (continued)

Buckner does a good job and captures 1,100 men. This leaves just 1 small Union force left in eastern TN. Central TN remains in a very good position for the CSA.

[ATTACH]16793[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16794[/ATTACH]

The Union moves 1 division into Athens. AS Johnston holds a force in Atlanta. There was no other movement by the Union in the department.

[ATTACH]16795[/ATTACH]

North Carolina

The Union has a number of towns and cities in NC. Unfortunately I don’t have the resources to get them back, although I’m sending a cavalry regiment from TN a another regiment will could move from Camden SC next turn.

[ATTACH]16796[/ATTACH]

Virginia

There is 1 small battle in VA as a regiment on the way to Petersburg has a skirmish.

[ATTACH]16797[/ATTACH]
Attachments
ENov10.JPG
ENov9.JPG
ENov8.JPG
ENov7.JPG
ENov6.JPG

charlesonmission

Early November 1865 Part 3

Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:40 pm

Early November 1865 Part 3

Virginia

The Union decides to Bombard Ft. Monroe and Norfolk. All in all Norfolk hit the fleet with 224 hits (over 3 times) and received 16 hits. Ft. Norfolk has a full coastal artillery and a division. In case you were wondering, that is enough to do some serious damage to ships that bombard. The Union moves a brigade into Lee’s region. I see no preparations that the Union is about to make one last massive attack on Richmond, but maybe we’ll be surprised.

[ATTACH]16798[/ATTACH]

Politics and Economy

Replacements – 1 line, 2 cavalry
Industrialization - None

I’ve almost used all my money now.

RR – 10

River - 5

CSA NM – 98 (same from the previous turn)

Union NM – 86 (up 1 from the previous turn)

[ATTACH]16799[/ATTACH]
Attachments
ENov12.JPG
ENov11.JPG

charlesonmission

Late November 1865 (1 post is enough)

Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:18 pm

Late November 1865 (1 post is enough)

Memphis holds off Lyon’s 5 divisions, but Grant’s 5 divisions scare AP Hill’s corps enough to retreat without giving battle.

Missouri/IT

The Union’s 9th division reappears and takes Cherokee. My partisan unit will go to Creek to take it back from the Union.

Arkansas and Texas

Same as last turn. Texas is still in CSA hands. Arkansas is still in Union hands apart from Malvern.

Louisiana

Same as last turn. Gordon’s division stays in NO, there are no threats nearby. However, it seems right to end the game soon with a division there.

Mississippi and Alabama.

What’s left of the Union force in central MS is able to avoid battle. I’ll target them again this turn.

Tennessee

2 very interesting moves happened in TN. First, Lyon’s force did attack Memphis. Lyon’s force did quite well and General Breckinridge was killed. However, the battle wasn’t that close despite the high casualties. It was a +3 NM victory for the CSA. On day 10, Grant’s army of 5 division moved into battle lines to take on the 2 division in AP Hill’s corps of Cleburne and Gardner, both of whom are defensive masters. However, Hill gave the order to retreat despite the protest of the division commanders who were ready to direct fire from the trenches. AP Hill, in a letter to department Army General Joe Johnston said “I feel the war is too close to an end to risk my boys like last time”. General Johnston, who wasn’t happy with Hill’s premature withdrawal has told General Hill to “defend and retreat” to Madison TN, protecting the southern flank of General Bee in Humboldt.

[ATTACH]16800[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16801[/ATTACH]

Sedgwick’s division abandons and heads SE, most likely to Augusta. Another Union division takes over Beaufort. There are still 4 divisions in Savannah.

[ATTACH]16802[/ATTACH]

North Carolina

The Union leaves a couple regiments in Raleigh, but Kearny’s corps abandons the state. I’m sending Joseph Wheeler and 4,000 men to take back Raleigh as I’d like to have it when the game ends. A partisan unit and cavalry regiment our also on the way to take back the towns the Union has.

[ATTACH]16803[/ATTACH]

Virginia

In Virginia, Early’s division of Lee’s Army captures the Union men that ended up in Lee’s region. I think this is a ploy by the Union to see what defends Richmond. In case you were wondering, there it is 45,439 men, 8842 horse, and 313 cannon. It would be a formidable force to take Richmond. I’m guessing around 120,000 to 130,000 men with a very good general.

[ATTACH]16804[/ATTACH]

Politics and Economy

Replacements – 1 line, 1 cavalry, 2 field artillery
Industrialization - None

RR – 10

River - 5

CSA NM – 101 (up 3 from the previous turn)

Union NM – 81 (down 5 from the previous turn)
Attachments
LNov5.JPG
LNov4.JPG
LNov3.JPG
LNov2.JPG
LNov1.JPG

charlesonmission

Early December 1865 Part 1

Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:32 am

The Union takes Memphis! More details coming later, there is only 1 more turn to do now!

Charles

charlesonmission

Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:52 pm

Memphis falls to the Union!

Missouri/IT

Seems like a bit of a side show now, but my partisan unit will try to take Cherokee and Ft. Gibson for the CSA.

Arkansas and Texas

Same as last turn. Texas is still in CSA hands. Arkansas is still in Union hands apart from Malvern.

Louisiana

Same as last turn. Gordon’s division stays in NO, there are no threats nearby. However, it seems right to end the game soon with a division there.

Mississippi and Alabama.

I’m sending most of the MS force that’s been chasing the remnants of Sheridan’s corps to Hill’s corps in TN. I will leave 4 cavalry regiments to go after what is left of Sheridan as he avoided battle last turn. Jackson, Vicksburg, and Mobile, all have a division each.

Tennessee

The Union has done it, Memphis has fallen. In the end, the Union one with power numbers that weren’t even 2 to 1, showing that continued attacks with significant numbers can beat an entrenched position. CSA’s luck rate was 49, the Union’s 48. In the end, Magruder’s Corps just started to retreat despite being on hold at all costs and have lots of regiments that weren’t routed. The force was outnumbered 3 to 1 with regards to men; an interesting ratio to note. I’m trying to play the game not knowing the game ends in 2 turns (I misspoke earlier and thought it was 1). What does this mean? Well, I think General Johnston would send Margruder’s corps to Corinth to hold the position? Why Corinth? Well, in this case, the same reason it played such importance in the actual ACW. It is a rail hub. Furthermore, in my situation, looking at the map, I’ll have MTSG from the depot of Dyer TN across and south TN to Corinth MS. The Union would be, in the theoretical situation there is time, obliged to dislodge me from Corinth or go south of Corinth to cut off the supplies heading north. In our situation, there won’t be time for this. However, I’m hoping to end the game the way I think the CSA would actually end it. As tempting as it is to go for an all out attack of Memphis, holding the Dyer to Corinth MTSG line is much more strategic. The CSA actually didn’t lose any NM in the battle as the Union had more casualties. However, a large CSA hit was taken for the loss of the all important objective city of Memphis. In other news, AP Hill’s corps retreated before Grant on day 1 without a battle. As mentioned before, Forest’s division will join AP Hill’s corps. I’m also sending a couple infantry regiments on attack to Bee’s location to drive out the tiny union force there. In central TN, a division from Nashville will go to clear out a couple Union brigades SE of Nashville and a cavalry regiment will go will try to take back Carthage. Buckner’s brigade in Knoxville is set to attack the Union force there, and a regiment from GA will take back Decatur.

[ATTACH]16810[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16811[/ATTACH]

My brigade runs into Sedgwick’s division which gets the better of them. However, this may give us an opportunity. Sedgwick’s division is rather tired. I’m sending the AS Johnston from Atlanta with most of the forces there to target Sedgwick’s division by going through where the Union division is located in Ellen on the way to Augusta. The Union’s other 5 divisions are all back in Savannah, now on orange supply. I can’t wait to hear from Mortar once the game ends on why Savannah isn’t well supplied. It’s a level 6 harbour, so I’m baffled.

[ATTACH]16812[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16813[/ATTACH]

North Carolina

The CSA is back on the offensive in this state. Taking back towns and close to driving out the remaining Union force, which may know what’s coming because it’s heading north.

[ATTACH]16814[/ATTACH]
Attachments
EDec5.JPG
EDec4.JPG
EDec3.JPG
EDec2.JPG
EDec1.JPG

charlesonmission

Early December 1865 Part 2

Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:00 pm

Early December 1865 Part 2

Virginia

Well, here is Virginia. Nothing much to say other than Kearny’s force has made it back to Burkeville. This is interesting. As there are two turns left, they Union could rest the force and then go for an attack on Petersburg next turn. However, there is little to be gained by driving back the corps in Petersburg as Richmond is the true goal. The Richmond force by itself has 20,000 men not counting MTSG.

[ATTACH]16815[/ATTACH]

Politics and Economy

Replacements – 1 line, 3 field artillery
Industrialization - None

RR – 80

River - 5

CSA NM – 96 (down 5 from the previous turn) Hit from Memphis

Union NM – 85 (up 4 from the previous turn) Gain from Memphis

I have a 225 lead in VPs, but the Union gains 10 per turn, so if everything stays the same, the game would end with a 205 CSA VP advantage over the Union. Now what that means….. I have no idea. We’ll see!

[ATTACH]16816[/ATTACH]
Attachments
EDec7.JPG
EDec6.JPG

Confederate
Lieutenant

Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:00 pm

This is getting exciting!

Since the Union is behind and desperately in need of a crucial victory, they might go to Richmond. Even if they lose, they would've put up a good fight ;)
- Confederate

charlesonmission

Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:30 am

An all out attack on Richmond certainly would be interesting. I would expect a different result than the attack on Memphis. Jackson is a much better general than Magruder, and Jackson's forces are much stronger than Magruder's. I think for it to work, the Union would need to attack with overwhelming numbers 3 to 1 to 4 to 1 advantages two turns in a row. There are two turns left, so they would need to start on the next turn.

Charles

Confederate wrote:This is getting exciting!

Since the Union is behind and desperately in need of a crucial victory, they might go to Richmond. Even if they lose, they would've put up a good fight ;)

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:56 am

I would still probably shorten the line in Virginia just to protect that lead : Maybe abandon Fredericksburg to have more guys in Richmond. Richmond is now the key in terms of VPs, so if Mortar plays to win, he will go for it with all his got...

charlesonmission

Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:51 am

Sorry, but please don't give advice. I want to be fair to Mortar.

Anyways, I'm playing the game as I didn't know the war suddenly ends Jan 1 1866, which is the way it would have been in actual history.

Charles

veji1 wrote:I would still probably shorten the line in Virginia just to protect that lead : Maybe abandon Fredericksburg to have more guys in Richmond. Richmond is now the key in terms of VPs, so if Mortar plays to win, he will go for it with all his got...

charlesonmission

Late December 1865 Part1

Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:44 am

Late December 1865 Part 1

Grant is held off in TN. The Union makes a move for an attack on Richmond, or somewhere else in Virginia!

Missouri/IT

The partisan unit takes Cherokee and is still on the way to Ft. Smith.

Arkansas and Texas

Louisiana

Mississippi and Alabama.

Sheridan took the boats up the Tombigee River. I’ve given up on chasing him. There is a division in Jackson, in Vicksburg, a small force in Meridian, and now Magruder’s corps in Corinth (power 729).

Tennessee

A number of battles happen in TN, a big one by Grant and some skirmishes in the east. Grant attacks the new position Hill had taken up in Madison. MTSG works well and the CSA actually outnumbers Grant’s army, and wins a +2NM victory. In the east, there are a couple skirmishes which in the end leave control of eastern TN with the CSA.

[ATTACH]16818[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16819[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16820[/ATTACH]

AS Johnston’s force takes Augusta without a battle as all the Union division are now back in Savannah. McDowell seems content to stay there. It might be possible for McDowell to reach Charlestown in 15 days, but I wouldn’t expect it. Just in case, a few regiments from Johnston will reinforce Charlestown on day 14.

[ATTACH]16821[/ATTACH]

North Carolina

NC is back in CSA control!

[ATTACH]16822[/ATTACH]
Attachments
LDec5.JPG
LDec4.JPG
LDec3.JPG
LDec2.JPG
LDec1.JPG

charlesonmission

Late December 1865 Part 2

Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:05 pm

Late December 1865 Part 2

Virginia

Virginia, oh Virginia, could it all end here? At the beginning of the turn, there was 1 Union corps in Buckingham. At the end there are 5 corps and an army. For those of you that were wondering whether or not the Union will attack Richmond, it now seems much more likely. As this is the last turn, I will go over region by region what the situation is and the possibilities. Anderson’s corps holds Fredericksburg with power of 901. Across the Rappahannock River are 1 division in Stafford and 1 division in Manassas. They could come down and attack, although it would be a slaughter most likely. When you get to Longstreet’s corps (power 1,135) in Louisa, you will notice that the Union’s force in Buckingham has power of 4,373. Or a 4 to 1 advantage over Longstreet. However Louisa is woods and has mud this turn. That gives Longstreet a small bonus and the attacker a small combat penalty. As Richmond is the real prize, the Union may do is this. Attack with 1 corps in Louisa and send everything it has north of the Rappahannock at Anderson. This will keep Anderson from MTSG to Longstreet and extend the time Longstreet is held up in Louisa. At the same time, the other 5 corps (or army and 4 corps) of the Union in Buckingham will attack Jackson in Richmond. Jackon’s power is 1,732. However, if the Union uses 1 division to attack Longstreet to hold him up, that gives Jackson about a 2 to 1 advantage. The one thing I don’t know is this. If the Union attacks Longstreet and Jackson MTSG there, then could the Union just walk into Richmond before Jackson could return? I’ve never seen this happen, but it remains a possibility, I suppose. South of Richmond, Lee’s force (power 1,278 sees a couple regiments to the west. But the real action could be in Petersburg where Smith’s corps (power 969) has the Union’s smith’s corps (power 1,600 to the east). My theory on this is the Union will attack Petersburg hopeing Lee will MTSG there so that Jackson defends Richmond alone; assuming that Jackson didn’t MTSG to Longstreet. In 1 word, the Union would need to time things just right and have some luck. It seems possible that they could take Richmond. We’ll find out soon!

[ATTACH]16823[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16824[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16825[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16826[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16827[/ATTACH]

Politics and Economy

Embargo one last time.

Replacements – 2 line
Industrialization - None

RR – 0

River - 0

CSA NM – 97 (up 1 from the previous turn)
Union NM – 83 (down 2 from the previous turn)

CSA VP 4,821
Union VP 4,596
Attachments
LDec10.JPG
LDec9.JPG
LDec8.JPG
LDec7.JPG
LDec6.JPG

deguerra
Major

Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:05 am

Hehe. Looks as if there's going to be a thunderous finale. I like it :thumbsup:

Confederate
Lieutenant

Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:48 am

Wow, this is exciting!

Charles, on behalf of your part, you did a nice job stretching your lines to defend all of your flanks in VA! Albeit the fact that it is thinly spread, with your bonuses and entrenchments, it should be a tough fight ;) .

Glad to see the CSA <possibly> win for a change!
- Confederate

charlesonmission

Early January 1866 Part 1

Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:59 am

There you have it, technically it is a stalemate! The Union went on an all out attack in TN and VA, the CSA won all the battles. NM jumped +13NM.

I'll post the battle results and final dispostitions later. Hopefully we'll see Mortat on this thread in the coming days to talk about the Union side.

[ATTACH]16835[/ATTACH]

Thanks,

Charles
Attachments
EJan1.JPG

deguerra
Major

Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:45 am

Congratulations charles! It's quite an achievement, none the less. I think anything other than losing can be counted as a (moral) victory for the CSA.

charlesonmission

Early January 1866 Part 2

Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:15 am

Early January 1866 Part 2

This was the end of game that started in August and saw a 1 month break as I was on holiday in October. As many of you were hoping, the Union went on an all out attack this last turn in VA and TN. The CSA Armies won in both locations as the Union just didn’t have enough men to overcome strong defensive positions on lines that allowed RRs to move troops back and forth. I’ll first show all of the battles and then the final dispositions of forces across the CSA.

The first battle happened in Petersburg on day 3. The CSA won, but without a NM victory. Note that Lee MTSG to join in the defence with Smith’s corps.

[ATTACH]16836[/ATTACH]

The next battle happened in TN where AP Hill defeated Grant’s army by quite a large margin for a +5 NM victory. In the end, Grant’s army was on an almost non stop attack for about as long as I can remember. This is the first time that AP Hill really got the better of him, which shows Grant’s amazing quality.

[ATTACH]16837[/ATTACH]

The next battle was also in TN, this one on day 5 at Thomas at long last finally left Bowling Green. The Union did very well here, as both the CSA and Union armies had about the same number of casualties. However, the Union was forced to withdraw back to Bowling Green.

[ATTACH]16838[/ATTACH]

The Union attacked Richmond with forces that amounted to a 2 to 1 advantage. It was a +3 NM victory for the CSA. Which really means that is wasn’t a resounding victory on a large scale as some may have expected.

[ATTACH]16839[/ATTACH]
Attachments
EJan5.JPG
EJan4.JPG
EJan3.JPG
EJan2.JPG

charlesonmission

Early January 1866 Part 3

Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:28 am

Early January 1866 Part 3

To summarise the end of the game, the Union ended up with complete control of MO (taken in 1864 mostly), near complete control of AK (taken in 1863/1864), complete control of KY (taken in 1863), complete control of West Virginia (never seriously contested by me) and partial control of VA, a foothold in GA with Savannah well in the hands of the Union (1865), 1 town in NC (1865), and partial control of TN (1863-1865). The CSA had complete control of TX, LA, MS, AL, MS, SC, FL, majority control in NC, TN, GA, partial control of VA, and minimal control of AK.

Missouri

Well in Union hands.

[ATTACH]16840[/ATTACH]

Arkansas

Majority control by the Union.

[ATTACH]16841[/ATTACH]

Texas

Complete control by the CSA.

[ATTACH]16842[/ATTACH]

Louisiana

Complete control by the CSA

[ATTACH]16843[/ATTACH]

Mississippi

Complete control of CSA of the cities with Sheridan’s force in full retreat.

[ATTACH]16844[/ATTACH]
Attachments
EJan10.JPG
EJan9.JPG
EJan8.JPG
EJan7.JPG
EJan6.JPG

charlesonmission

Early January 1866 Part 4

Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:38 am

Early January 1866 Part 4

Alabama

Complete control by the CSA

[ATTACH]16845[/ATTACH]

Tennessee

Majority control by the CSA.

[ATTACH]16846[/ATTACH]

Kentucky

Complete control by the Union

[ATTACH]16847[/ATTACH]

Florida

Complete control by the CSA (including the 3 pre-war Union forts which were taken by CSA campaigns). The Union never contested the taking of the forts either through reinforcements or campaigns to take them back. This effectively ended the Gulf Blockade by the Union.

[ATTACH]16848[/ATTACH]

Georgia

The Union holds Savannah; otherwise the CSA is in control.

[ATTACH]16849[/ATTACH]
Attachments
EJan15.JPG
EJan14.JPG
EJan13.JPG
EJan12.JPG
EJan11.JPG

charlesonmission

Early January 1866 Part 5

Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:47 am

Early January 1866 Part 5

South Carolina

Majority control by the CSA, the Union controls 2 towns near the coast.

[ATTACH]16850[/ATTACH]

North Carolina

Majority control by the CSA, the Union controls 1 town.

[ATTACH]16851[/ATTACH]

Virginia

Partial control by the CSA. However, the CSA controls both objective cities of Richmond and Norfolk. Furthermore, Fredericksburg and the Peninsula are in CSA hands; including Ft Monroe. The Union did take Petersburg this turn as after the CSA victory in Petersburg, another Union division came on day 14 or 15 and Smith’s corps then fled to Lee without a fight.

[ATTACH]16852[/ATTACH]

Here are the money and resources I have left.

[ATTACH]16853[/ATTACH]

And F9

CSA NM – 108
Union NM – 74

CSA VP 4,945
Union VP 4,648

[ATTACH]16854[/ATTACH]
Attachments
EJan20.JPG
EJan19.JPG
EJan18.JPG
EJan17.JPG
EJan16.JPG

charlesonmission

A special thanks to Mortar

Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:52 am

A special thanks to Mortar

I want to publicly say thank you and offer my gratitude to Mortar for going through the fantastic game we played. He’s been a very worthy opponent that. Regardless of who won, per se, I like to think that we all won as this game took on a unique form. I believe it’s one of the few games that actually has gone all the way in a PBEM/AAR. Neither of us ever considered stopping the game, despite that I was on a break for a month.

Charles

charlesonmission

This AAR is now open

Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:54 am

Hi readers,

As the game has now ended. This AAR is now open up for all and any questions. Mortar has told me that he will read the AAR over the next few days. Feel free to ask questions to either of us, please be sure to direct the question to one of us. Thanks to everyone who has followed the AAR.

Thanks,

Charles

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:40 am

That would be interesting if you could show a summary of the war with strategical map with the advances of armies and clashes of main battles.
For whom is not accustomed to US lands, your regions cards are difficult to translate in a strategical setting.
Maybe I ask for much work..

Confederate
Lieutenant

Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:48 am

Wow, congrats Charles!

Since it is a stalemate, it came out fairly ;) The Union is preserved and the Confederate have independence
- Confederate

deguerra
Major

Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:16 am

deguerra wrote:Yeah 2 things I'd be interested in here (perhaps from those who understand the engine best) is

1. Does Ft. Pulaski actually prevent supply from reaching Savannah?

2. What exactly are the mobility implications for Kearny.

These are exactly the sorts of detailed things I haven't quite got my head around either. Any other readers?

Would love to find out the answers to these questions (for context, they are 3 pages back).

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:15 am

1. No. Savannah's harbour is seabox dependend afaik.
2. That's difficult to answer without looking into the game itself. Basically highest patrol value of is compared with lowest evasion value of the enemy to detect a moving force. So if Kearny got much artillery and equipment and his opponent has a lots of cavalry he is much likely to get intercepted. Thus his ability to slip and move is restricted. If he can enter any adjacent region at all is determined by the ZOC points generated by the opposing forces. There is a ZOC primer here somewhere on the forums. It is a vast field.

Jim-NC

Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:42 am

The Zone of Control Primer is here. It was a great piece of analysis by Major Tom.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “American Civil War AARs”