PJJ
Captain

Lieutenant General Sir William Howe in the French and Indian War?!

Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:08 am

Hi!

I'm playing the French and Indian War full campaign as the French against the AI, using the latest patch from here. It's summer 1758, and Montcalm has captured Albany. The British have received huge numbers of reinforcements and are already putting heavy pressure on my few troops. So far, so good - everything seems historically correct (except my conquest of Albany). But then a new British army appeared in New York and began the long march up the Hudson valley towards Albany. The said army is commanded by none other than Sir William Howe, the British C-in-C from the American War of Independence! :8o:

Howe did indeed take part in the French & Indian War, but he was only promoted to brigadier general after Wolfe's army conquered Quebec and he certainly wasn't an army commander during the war. His name doesn't even appear in the Leader document that lists all the commanders on both sides of the French and Indian War, so this must be a bug.

So maybe I should re-check Sir Billy's army for any Hessian regiments he may have brought with him from the future with his time machine... :nuts:

PhilThib

Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:07 am

I would say it was William Howe's father :siffle:

Le Ricain

Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:13 pm

PhilThib wrote:I would say it was William Howe's father :siffle:

George Augustus Howe (FAI) was actually brother to William and Richard Howe of the AWI.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

PJJ
Captain

Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:40 pm

Le Ricain wrote:George Augustus Howe (FAI) was actually brother to William and Richard Howe of the AWI.

That's correct, he was the elder brother. But in my campaign, it seems the youngest Howe has suddenly been promoted to Lieutenant General. He's definitely the C-in-C Howe from the Revolutionary War period. I've also seen an army commanded by George Howe.

(As a sidenote, I wrote my dissertation on the Independence War, I recognize Sir William Howe when I see him, especially when his icon on the map says so. :) )

PJJ
Captain

Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:46 pm

I just opened my AI opponent's saved game file, and found Sir William leading an army at Dayton. His brother, the brigadier George Augustus is one of the stack's other officers... :8o:

Le Ricain

Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:20 pm

Well, William was promoted to BG after Quebec.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

PJJ
Captain

Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:01 pm

But don't any of you find it strange that my French and Indian War campaign has Lieutenant General William Howe as one of the most senior and high ranking British officers? I mean, this is the same Lt. Gen William Howe you have in the American War of Independence campaign (same stats, same portrait), not some young Colonel William Howe, who is not even included among the regimental level commanders of the French and Indian War campaign. His brother George Augustus is correctly included as a brigadier.

Having a Lieutenant General William Howe in the French and Indian War is just about as realistic as having John Paul Jones leading the British navy in the same conflict, or General Washington commanding his Continental army in Virginia in the 1750's... :bonk:

I realize this is not a major bug, but something must be wrong in the code to allow it to happen in the first place. I have the saved game files, if somebody wants to take a look at this insignificant issue. :)

PhilThib

Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:31 pm

OK, send us a save at support@ageod.com so we can check this a bit further... :8o:

lightsfantastic
Colonel

Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:36 pm

It's an event that fires if the Human is a little too good as the French. Chalk it up to you kicking Pocus' AI's caboose and he's getting a little revenge on you. :grr:
Now historically William Pitt did reach down and pluck some of the younger colonels of the British Army and promote them to high commands to good effect, so there is a 'historical' president. If Pitt was getting his clock cleaned in America he might have resorted to drastic measures such as this.

wzf851005
Civilian

First-generation jordan shoes

Wed May 28, 2008 3:36 am

These patterns are based on different foot type, weight, Speed, training programmes, gender and skill level design. These different styles, different prices and multi-purpose products, attracting hundreds of thousands of jogging, making them feel that nike shoes is to provide the most complete variety of running shoes manufacturers, millions of range of ability Running to have that belief. First-generation jordan shoes uppers, there is a conspicuous "Chachi basketball" signs in the use of trapeze signs ago, the first generation and second generation Chachi Jordan basketball shoes are used as signs. First-generationjordan shoes appeared in 1985, 1994 and 2001 NIKE companies produced twice again this shoes. For the classic colors with a red, black, and compared with black. Air Jordans, published in 1991, jordan shoes91-92 season Zhanxue because jordan shoesin the Barcelona Olympic Games 92 wearing this pair of 7 and winning the title, the seventh generation in jordan shoesin the series, it is particularly valuable. 7 and the shape of the shadow of some six generations, the biggest feature is particularly color. Borrow a relatives chinese dress. Sometimes those old chinese dresses are outdated beyond repair, but then again, sometimes theyre not. If you have an (aunt, mom, cousin, sister) who got married in a strapless sheath that would be perfect, theres no reason you couldnt too, assuming theyre open to loaning it out. You can still make the look your own with the veil, jewelry, shoes, a pretty sash. And youll have that “something borrowed” checked off the list.What about the modern cheongsam? With more exchange with the outside world, todays cheongsam combines both Chinese and western characteristics, traditional and modern features. There are bold changes and innovations. Whatever it is, cheongsam on one hand can still create an impression of simple and quite charm, elegance and neatness. On the other hand, blended with modern features, they can also show peoples individuality and distinctiveness. No wonder cheongsam enjoys a growing popularity in the international world of high fashion.

Return to “BoA Technical support / Aide technique”