Quitch
Private

Re-downloading

Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:03 pm

I bought BoA some time ago, but can't seem to find my order slip. What address would it have come from?

BTW, the BoA site is incredibly broken with most pages failing, and the English order links take you to a French site.

Spharv2

Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:40 pm

Quitch wrote:I bought BoA some time ago, but can't seem to find my order slip. What address would it have come from?

BTW, the BoA site is incredibly broken with most pages failing, and the English order links take you to a French site.

Were you trying to use it today while they were updating the server? That might be the cause of your problems. The e-mail comes from "service at telechargement.fr" substituting the @ sign in there of course

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:04 pm

Problem reported. Some links have been broken during the migration.
Thanks Quitch.

If you bought BoA from us, send an email with your details at support@ageod.com, we'll give you the information you need.

BTW, once you'll have re-download BoA and installed the last patch, please tell us if you still encounter your hyperthreading problem with the improved graphic engine. Thanks. :cwboy:
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

Quitch
Private

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:30 pm

Thanks, your support remains as amazing as ever :)

I've gone and grabbed it through Steam. I'm a bit of a Steam fan, and I like the idea of being able to carry the game with me in the way Steam allows.

The game seems a lot smoother now, and I've got hyperthreading on, so great job! Just experimenting with whether or not to use software or hardware cursor.

Just a couple of issues. While I've got "Use desktop resolution" selected, the game keeps dropping my refresh rate from 85Hz to 60Hz, not only that but upon exiting it fails to restore the refresh rate. I tried using AGESettings to force 1600x1200 32 bit 85Hz (my desktop settings), but upon saving, quitting and reloading, I find it has reverted to "Use desktop resolution", though Hardware cursor sticks fine.

This is using a Radeon X1950 Pro (AG) 256MB using the 7.4 Catalyst drivers.

Finally, running under Windows Ultimate the AGESettings app produces an "error" (not an error as such) where Vista says the app is looking for D3DRM.dll which is no longer included in Windows.

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:18 am

Yep, Vista is lacking a DirectX DLL which seems to be needed by BoA (although you can play without the file, and you will only get an error message when exiting the game, without further interference)

For now we can not distribute the file ourselves, as we have to ask Microsoft permission for that. On the net several websites propose you the service though, so here is a link:

http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-.../download.html

Just add the downloaded file in the directory of the main BoA executable, which is usually (default install dir):

C:\Program Files\Birth of America

For the refresh question, I prefer to let Pocus, MarkShot or Primasprite answer you, they had long conversations about desktop resolution together back in the Beta forum :bonk:
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

Pocus

Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:41 am

there was a bug with the utility not saving correctly the setting, but it has been corrected some patch ago. I suppose that the most excellent Steam technical team has patched your game to 1.11b ?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Quitch
Private

Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:21 am

Ah, no, when I loaded it was using 1.10d.

Damn you Steam! Don't start becoming D2D!

Pocus

Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:26 am

if you get me a technical email, I can try to contact them again, but last time failed. I would say that theorically, this is their part of the job, if they sell a product, to check for updates, but nonetheless I'm willing to kindly remind them of the existence of BOA :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pocus

Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:27 am

that said, you can duplicate the entire boa folder and apply the patch yourself, and bypass steam.

Quitch
Private

Wed May 09, 2007 6:32 pm

I contacted Steam support about the issue and got the following response:

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We release patches for games after they are provided to us by the publisher. The publisher has our contact information and can contact us about applying the patch.

Return to “BoA Technical support / Aide technique”