Rooster
Corporal

Funny things...

Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:41 am

I got a message that 2 regiments and supplies had landed in Alexandria from England. When I clicked the message to show me these units, it directed me to Nova Scotia, where in fact they where. No such units where in Alexandria, so it appears to be some sort of mistake in the system.

Rooster
Corporal

Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:18 am

Also - playing Annus Mirabilis and found that the troops in Manhattan are occupaying Ft. Lee, which is technically in New Jersey, and was also not errected until 1776.

PhilThib

Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:02 am

Good, our sources were thus 20 years late :p leure: ...do you have a suitable name to provide for that fort then ?

Pocus

Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:33 am

Rooster wrote:I got a message that 2 regiments and supplies had landed in Alexandria from England. When I clicked the message to show me these units, it directed me to Nova Scotia, where in fact they where. No such units where in Alexandria, so it appears to be some sort of mistake in the system.

the event message will be corrected

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Rooster
Corporal

Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:02 pm

Fort George would be the appropriate name.

http://www.geocities.com/naforts/nycity.html

Pulaski
Conscript

Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:03 pm

Your best bet for a NYC area location in the 1750's might be Fort George (or The Battery to be more generic) part of a series of forts built between 1664 and 1776 which were the harbor defense at the southern tip or perhaps Kings Bridge which would have been at the northern tip of Manhattan Island.

Perhaps Governors Island? Which being in the harbor would have been a tough nut to crack if the French got that far south.

From NY parks website:
Troops came to Governors Island in 1755 and would not leave again for another 241 years. The 51st Regiment of British Colonial Militia was the first group to arrive. Three other regiments arrived shortly after and made up the "Royal Americans."

In New Jersey a series of Barracks (or I suppose they would qualify as depots in the game) were constructed in the 1750's located in Trenton, New Brunswick, Burlington, Perth Amboy, and Elizabethtown.

Return to “BoA Technical support / Aide technique”