krolart
Civilian

Installation problem

Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:44 pm

How do I input the key code for Birth of America? I put the disc in the computer and it runs, then I get a message stating " Your serial has not the expected length. your serial...etc" However, a screen or place to enter this serial never comes up. I have never had an oppurtunity to enter the serial.

lodilefty

Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:58 am

Somewhere on the package, CD case or documentation you should see an alphanumeric string, including upper and lower case letters, something like:

xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxx

The hyphens are required, and the serial is case sensitive.
Go to Windows "All Programs"-"Birth of America" and run the Configuration Utility
Enter the Serial on the "Serial Tab" and click "OK" [do not exit the utility via the 'red x']
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Montreal Johnny
Civilian

Installation trouble Birth of America windows 7

Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:53 am

Sorry to be a pain - I bought a (bargain priced) copy of Birth of America at Zeller's - I had the same trouble with entering the serial number from the product. I'm currently using windows 7 - I tried entering the product key code using notepad to edit the ASCII file general.opt but my computer denied me access to do save changes in that file and I'm not savvy enough to figure out how to get that access...

I loaded the latest patch for WIA but no luck - when I run the configuration utility the enter key code field comes up, and then immediately followed by this error message:

"The instruction at 0x00000006 referenced memory at 0x00000006. The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program"

I have no doubt it's possible to run this game on my system, but I'm not getting it myself :bonk: ...I'd like to try this game; I had relatives who fought on BOTH sides of the conflict known in America as the French and Indian Wars...

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Durk

Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:03 am

If you are on Windows 7, most common reason for problem is not running in administrative mode. Try this first, right click and select to install as an administrator.
Windows 7 thinks you have no rights to make changes.

dumnorix
Civilian

problème d'installation

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:25 pm

j'ai acheté birth of america distribué par Nobilis et je crois qu'il y a un problème avec la clé d'installation...help me

Return to “BoA Technical support / Aide technique”