jimmyrm86
Civilian

Cannot play game

Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:07 am

I recently bought this game, installed it along with the patch, and cannot play it without my computer going all wacky. My computer keeps getting the "physcial memory dumping, restart computer" blue screen. I defraged my computer, but I do not know what else to do to play this game. For comparison, my computer is able to run the "hearts of war II" series, Victoria, and Europa Universalis III games without any problems. Any help would be appreciated.

Primasprit

Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:22 am

Hi jimmyrm86

sorry for the trouble.

A bluescreen is in most cases caused by driver problems. Please try to update your graphic card and sound driver.

If this doesn't work please send us a DxDiag report to [email="support@ageod.com"]support@ageod.com[/email] or post it here.

Hot to get it:

* From the Windows Start menu, choose Run or press the Windows-Key and "R"
* Type "DxDiag" (without the quotes) in the Run textbox and press OK
* Wait for the progress bar on the lower left to complete
* Finally, press the button labelled "Save All Information..."

This will prompt you for a file name to save the text description of the results DxDiag has uncovered.

Cheers
Norbert

jimmyrm86
Civilian

cannot play

Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:38 am

I have a 128mb video card, as recommended on the game case, and I checked it under system information and it says that it is ok. I am unfamilar with most computer jargon, so what do you mean by a new sound driver. Also, the screen I get is not solid blue without any characters, as the background is just blue with a bunch of nonsense about the physical memory being dumped. No disrespect intended, and I am sure this is a great game worth far more than I payed for it, but I did only pay $10 for this and I really don't want to have to go out and buy this other stuff when this is the only program I have a problem with. Is there any way I can adjust the settings or some other way to fix this. If it helps, I can send the dxdiag data if it helps. thanks

arsan

Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:50 am

Hi
Fortunately you don't have to buy drivers. :thumbsup:
They are just "software" things you can download freely for you graphic or sound card manufacturer web and install them. Like patches.
Manufacturer use to actualize their drivers from time to time to improve the cards performance and make them more compatible with newer games.
If you are not very tech savy, i recommend sending the dxdiag to support so they can take a look at what's the problem.
The game does not ask much computer power. I play all AGEOD games on a 5 year old computer. ;)
Do you have at least 1 GB RAM memory?? under this the games can give problems.
Regards!

Rafiki

Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:06 am

jimmyrm86 wrote:I can send the dxdiag data if it helps. thanks

It is likely that it will, so sending it will be appreciated :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

jimmyrm86
Civilian

still cannot play

Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:35 pm

I sent the dxdiag in and you said it was my video driver; i went and updated it and I still cannot play. I also updated the audio driver as well. Any other ideas, maybe?

Pocus

Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:53 pm

Can you please send again your DxDiag file once the drivers are updated, in case something went wrong. Thanks.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “BoA Technical support / Aide technique”