BobB
Private

Sound Problem with Demo

Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:31 pm

Hi Pocus:

During the load process and the initial screen, the music plays properly.

But as soon as I select either the tutorial or the 1776 campaign, the music becomes very distorted - as if each note is dragged out and even with some slight static in the background. The battle sounds are likewise distorted.

I searched the forum for similar problems in this regard and found nothing. So I'm turning to you for assistance.

Thanks for your time.

Bob

Pocus

Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:46 pm

Hi,

Can you send me your DxDiag file please? support@ageod.com

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

BobB
Private

Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:31 am

Pocus,

I solved it.

I ran Dxdiag and accessed the "sound" tab. Using Microsoft Help, I found that my Basic Acceleration tab was set to the extreme left. I moved it one notch to the right and exited. I started BoA and the sound worked as you designed it.

Thanks for your offer to help.

Bob

Pocus

Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:43 am

Thanks for looking by yourself to the problem.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

SoulBlazer
Conscript

Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:08 am

Not to nitpick or anything, since I know English is a second language for you, but your response was a little rough. A native speaker would say "thanks for looking into the problem yourself" or "thanks for looking by yourself into the problem"

But yes, I've had other games with music issues fixed by doing what the original poster did. :)

Pocus

Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:16 am

Sorry, I did not ment to be offensive, I tried to express the fact that I appreciated how you managed to solve by yourself the problem. (non native language problem indeed...).

SoulBlazer
Conscript

Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:15 am

And I certinaly did not mean any offense, good Sir. :)

Return to “BoA Technical support / Aide technique”