runyan99

AACW 1.06d with leader mod

Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:22 pm

I'd like to start a new game with the leader mod. I'd like to use 1.06d since I don't know when this mod will be ready for 1.07.

I'm an expert player looking for an experienced opponent. If you're not a student of the war or familiar with the game, chances are I will smash you up very badly, and this will make you sad. More than likely, you will then inform me that something has come up, and you no longer have time to finish the game. Neither of us want that, now do we?

Message me with your email if interested. Prefer normal naval boxes, medium combat delay, and no randomization, and CSA hosts. Will play either side.

Rafiki

Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:33 pm

A- for the trash-talking, D for scaring potentially interesting opponents away, B- overall evaluation

;)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

runyan99

Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:39 pm

I figure the ones I don't scare away will be the good opponents.

runyan99

Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:13 pm

I can't get no. No satisfaction.

Jabberwock

Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:50 am

The something(s) that came up is (are) still up. If you are still looking for an opponent in mid-November, It would make me happy again if we could have a rematch, using some of the lessons you schooled me in the first time 'round.

Sadly Yours,
JWK
[color="DimGray"] You deserve to be spanked[/color]

runyan99

Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Well, I have to say I'd be reluctant to give you a rematch. You came at me like one of those crazy zombies from '28 Days Later' and made every turn a nightmare. It was a lot of work to track down and devise countermeasures for 50 seperate cavalry regiments and loose infantry brigades running around in Union territory.

Not that you ever had any chance of success mind you. Your hyper-aggressiveness was a shocking waste of CSA manpower (especially dispersed as it was), and all I had to do to gain ground was dig in, and then take a step forward when you had worn yourself out momentarily. Then brace for another attack, and repeat.

I believe you were operating under the idea that gaining the initiative was more important than anything. I'm under the impression you may have read too many books about Rommel.

It wasn't much fun though. Too much work. Each turn I usually had to go state by state and make sure I had an answer for all your crazy attacks, or potential crazy attacks.

runyan99

Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:40 am

Jabberwock, playing against you was a bit like dancing with one of those rabid zombies from '28 Days Later', and I'm not sure I'll want to do it again.

Jabberwock

Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:13 pm

I agree with the way you assessed it before editing. I understand your reluctance. The "strategic level bum's rush" doesn't work for the South in PBEM at your level, maybe not at any level against a human. :siffle: I had to try it to find that out.
[color="DimGray"] You deserve to be spanked[/color]

Return to “PBEM and multiplayer matchups (all games)”