principes romanes
Sergeant

ACW2 - First PBEM

Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:31 pm

Looking for an opponent for my first PBEM.

I've played a few games against dear Athena, but since it would be my first PBEM I might prefer to start with something a bit smaller than the full campaign (or maybe the full campaign but not really expecting to play past the start of 1863).

My ideal would be about 2-4 turns per week. I am willing to play either side, although I've mostly played the union against Athena.

Cheers!
Currently writing:
The Coming Fury - an excessively detailed AAR on Union strategy

rochesta
Conscript

Re: ACW2 - First PBEM

Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:55 am

Hi there, are you still looking for an opponent? I'm pretty much in the same situation as you.

principes romanes
Sergeant

Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:00 pm

Hi Rochesta,

I tried sending you a DM. It seems to still be in my outbox so I'm not sure if it will get approved and sent to you or if I just need a few more posts before I can send it.

Cheers,
Currently writing:
The Coming Fury - an excessively detailed AAR on Union strategy

Generalisimo

Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:23 pm

principes romanes wrote:Hi Rochesta,

I tried sending you a DM. It seems to still be in my outbox so I'm not sure if it will get approved and sent to you or if I just need a few more posts before I can send it.

Cheers,

The PM is not stuck there. The outbox is where messages go before they are read by the person receiving the PM. Once it has been read by the recipient the PM will be moved to the sent box. this allows you to edit or delete the message before it has been read.

The problem here is that the other guy has less than 5 posts, so he may not be able to reply to you until he has more than 5. :siffle:

rochesta
Conscript

Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:50 pm

principes romanes wrote:Hi Rochesta,

Cheers,

I got it though I can't reply to it as the account is too new it seems. I'll answer your questions here; I'm not sure how small a scenario you're thinking, we can start with 'Sibley's New Mexico' or the 8-turn 'Bloody April' if you like. I tend to play with the following settings -

Fog of War: On
Delayed Commitment: Medium
Foreign Entry: Normal
Attrition: Historical
Replacements: Manual
Activation: Veteran
Randomised Generals: Low
Naval Boxes: Standard
Extended Pool: Historical
Easy Supply: Off
Traffic Penalty: Medium

Let me know which scenario you'd prefer and/or if you'd prefer alternate settings. I'll take the Union as you seem to be in want of some good southern cotton playthroughs. :hat:

- Dan

Return to “PBEM and multiplayer matchups (all games)”