loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: PON - Conflict in Europe Restarting - Open Invite!

Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:56 pm

bjfagan wrote:... We are in 1863. Both of those countries are at peace and the US Civil War is over. ...

sorry to intrude but have a question about the ACW. Getting the CSA armies to spawn was a nightmare to rework and I never quite managed to make in infallible. It seemed to happen most times but in some tests the old problem occured of the CSA not having an at start army.

in your run through did the CSA put up a decent challenge or was it simply a series of sieges etc.

If so, I'm going to have another look at that event and see if I can make it much simpler.

ta

bjfagan
General of the Army

Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:48 pm

loki100 wrote:
bjfagan wrote:... We are in 1863. Both of those countries are at peace and the US Civil War is over. ...

sorry to intrude but have a question about the ACW. Getting the CSA armies to spawn was a nightmare to rework and I never quite managed to make in infallible. It seemed to happen most times but in some tests the old problem occured of the CSA not having an at start army.

in your run through did the CSA put up a decent challenge or was it simply a series of sieges etc.

If so, I'm going to have another look at that event and see if I can make it much simpler.

ta

To be honest I didn't follow it closely, but from my observation I think it was a series of sieges. It did not seem to last very long. New Orleans must have had a very nasty siege because the city disappeared from the map. I took over the USA for a few turns to help straighten it out. They had units in West Africa for no reason and ships all over the world.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:39 pm

thanks

ok that implies the CSA army didn't spawn. Need to rethink how to code that event so it is reliable

Roger

Return to “PBEM and multiplayer matchups (all games)”