dGSe
Corporal

RUS Gold Red player wanted

Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:05 pm

Hi all

We are two french veteran with the Ageod titles. We are seeking another serious, nice and skilled red opponent. We want suffer and a challenge !!!
Be careful we already have some victories in our pocket so prepare yourself :neener:
Well the last time we have played it was with the previous version :)
I'm good for the southern and my partner goes with the eastern whites. Long live to the tzar !!!

Settings for the Grand Campaign

Full Historical with combat and movement penalties in activation but long delay for engagement (the regions are huge and the officers not always pro)
Athena by default with some small bonus for activation and detection and no historical attrition for her (i suppose that's only for the green side, it can help i dont see many AI depots unfortunately)

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:04 pm

I'm interested but as mentioned in design manual activation should be off to help a bit Reds forming combined units early.
How is the turn rates? could that be at least turn a day?

dGSe
Corporal

Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:01 pm

We can usually done one turn by day sometimes more in the weekend
For the activation that's useful in pbem ? or only against AI ?

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:35 pm

Mostly useful in PBEM. I certainly like activation rolls but in current engine it can prevent to form combined units.

dGSe
Corporal

Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:04 am

Ok Baris we prefer the activation rolls too ;) i just dont understand why it can prevent only the formation of combined units for the reds, all the factions will have the same problem no ?

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:31 am

We can try but in here passed activation to just form combined units will make Reds weaker that could make unbalanced game. Whites have already good leadership and troop quality will win most battles if not outnumbered.
Maybe another Red player will want to play with activation.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:33 pm

You may cut:
Use the malus giving non-movement-blocking activation rolls.

Or/and maybe find too a Red favor house-rule to balance back:
What other option slider(s) could benefit more the Reds??

Andatiep should easier answer here,
maybe then we'll find an alternative way to correctly play the game?!
An official option for the activation roll lovers :) (I should say I like it too)

dGSe
Corporal

Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:17 pm

Hi Baris and Eriss thank you for the replies

We like the hardened activation rule who prohibits movement, we have played with this rule before with good results or frustration :)
It suppose more planification and some stacks without leaders for movement sometimes.
If you want try and agree we can play with this rule ? I remember to loose some big fights with it when i was in charge of my whites
Also, it can prevent the need of one "Grosbill" Army and can lower a little the rythm of the fights and offensive operations

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:46 pm

Lock mechanism is already in game. In fact Reds get immobilize pretty frequently in early Kuban, Don regions. Later VokHR units are needed in every single stack. In practical game terms with activation off game can go on pretty historical shape in PBEM, but still not sure Reds can win.

What I would agree there can be very fast movements with 14 days a turn. Solution to that is not only about picking correct optional rules. But 7 days a turn would be better. Maybe there can a mod in future about that.

dGSe
Corporal

Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:24 pm

Ok well we can go with the no activation rule if like you say we always have historical realism :)

dGSe
Corporal

Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:43 pm

So if you are always ok i suggest we can play soon together when the comprehensive patch who fixes the critical error on the build construction will be released

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:46 pm

Good discussion overall. In testing we didn't use hardened activation. This rule I think can be best use in Rise of Prussia with longer game better fit period. Strategic rating of 2 for most Red leaders in RUS can be overkill for movement of Reds. Revolution has much to do with little time here. :)

Edit: Yes we better wait patch and start playing.

dGSe
Corporal

Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:09 pm

We have a deal Baris ! :thumbsup:
And yes the hardened activation rule is maybe a underdog for RUS but nice to try for a test ?
But for some other games like WIA or ROP that's a nice option.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:13 pm

dGSe wrote:Hi Baris and Eriss thank you for the replies
We like the hardened activation rule who prohibits movement, we have played with this rule before with good results or frustration :)

In RUS-Gold, even without the no-movement activation rule from the Options, if you want to be hardly frustrated by historical realism then play preferably the Red without building any Cheka, Vohkr nor Commisars...

dGSe wrote:Ok well we can go with the no activation rule if like you say we always have historical realism :)

Sure, that's what I feared like you at first. To verify you should play the Red :)

To be sure: I was not asking to play your PBEM, I'm already involved in one (with a still delayed start, okay..)

dGSe
Corporal

Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:25 pm

ERISS wrote:In RUS-Gold, even without the no-movement activation rule from the Options, if you want to be hardly frustrated by historical realism then play preferably the Red without building any Cheka, Vohkr nor Commisars...

Sure, that's what I feared like you at first. To verify you should play the Red :)

To be sure: I was not asking to play your PBEM, I'm already involved in one (with a still delayed start, okay..)

Plus no vodka for the red faction too !!

And niet i prefer the white (the color of course not the flag because i will never surrender), also the red is not good for my dress code (too flashy) :neener:
Maybe next time for another PBEM

andatiep

Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:35 pm

I confirm that :

1) It is a bad idea to play RUS Gold with the soft malus of (des)activation rule.

2) It is a very very bad idea to play RUS Gold with the hardened (des)activation rule.

For the ones who played the first version of RUS, the Politkom units wasn't working the same way. In RUS Gold, the Reds have already a kind of very hardened (des)activation rule (almost 1 turn each 2 turns) if they don't merge a Politkom unit (or a specific leader that have the same ability) to their forces. Besides this, they have a big majority of bad GHQ leaders that give their corps and forces less command points.

So don't worry, you will find the same frustrations that the (des)activation rule if you like it, but with ways to soft it at a strong cost.
If you chose hardened (des)activation rule, the Whites will just play alone :D .

About the RUS Gold Patch 1.01 : it still should be upload and published in public by Matrix. But if you get tired to wait, Baris can use the one he can download in the RUS Betas/Devs' internal forum.
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

andatiep

Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:57 pm

dGSe wrote:Plus no vodka for the red faction too !!

And niet i prefer the white (the color of course not the flag because i will never surrender), also the red is not good for my dress code (too flashy) :neener:
Maybe next time for another PBEM

Sorry, the vodka is included in the supply flow system of all Slavic factions, we can't separate it :) .

Please ring me a next time when you have place for me as an Eastern White player, i didn't explored all the playable options yet :neener: .

dGSe
Corporal

Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:23 am

No the Southern Side has babes and mineral water for supplies no vodka ;)
With pleasure for a future pbem but where can we find your patch ? i haven't seen it on Matrix !

andatiep

Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:28 pm

dGSe wrote:No the Southern Side has babes and mineral water for supplies no vodka ;)

mmmh, you're right, they own all the touristic rivieras. Now i understand why they couldn't gather more fans among the peasantry to grow up their armies. Who would follow guys giving only mineral water to fight.

dGSe wrote:where can we find your patch ? i haven't seen it on Matrix !

You know nothing, Snow :D ...but Baris knows :w00t: . He can go in the dark undergrounds of the Ageod's forum :cthulhu: , where the forge of the evil developers of RUS Gold hide a holy copy of the patch that Matrix is supposed to publish soon.

dGSe
Corporal

Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:02 pm

They follow the guy who has the girls in bikini... no matter they must drink only water omg !

So we will wait Baris who has the VIP access ;)

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:39 pm

I’ll only give patch under certain rules if approved by Haut-commissariat (Andatiep) :cool:
Game is already very stable as it is.
Some rules :

- No activation of leaders
- Delayed commitment long ( I remember reading it should be small delay, not sure about this)
- Naval box and extended pool standart (Reds may lack leaders with other settings)
- Historical attrition (Replacements are easy to maintain)

I don’t think scenario needs any house rules. More games played it will be better.

andatiep

Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:23 pm

Baris wrote:I’ll only give patch under certain rules if approved by Haut-commissariat (Andatiep) :cool:

Te absolvo, Baris.

May the force be with all of you... and with the poor peasants you will slaughter during 4 years :neener: .

dGSe
Corporal

Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:47 pm

Ok so here we go !

No activation for leaders
Full historical for all the settings
Long delay for engagement
AI on Colonel with medium (low) bonus for detection
No house rules (no need)

See you soon on the battlefield Baris

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:36 pm

Sorry for the trouble about rules. :)
With the delay I thought communism is in danger!
Host can be anyone as long it is fair game.

lekseus
Conscript

Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:01 pm

i would like to play with you, if you do not mind.

dGSe
Corporal

Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:48 pm

We have already a pbem en route sorry, next time or if Baris want to surrender with his reds soon ;)

Return to “PBEM and multiplayer matchups (all games)”