Gray_Lensman

Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:52 pm

deleted

Eugene Carr
Colonel

Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:20 pm

To clarify I think there is only 1 Confederate Wilcox ie Cadmus M. (uni_CSA_Wilcox,810).

I think the O. Wilcox (uni_CSA_OWilcox ,994) is an error, I dont think there was such a general.

Either it should be a ** version of Cadmus Wilcox or it should be Orlando B. Willcox the Union general.

I think the latter makes more sense as he fought from 1st Bull Run to Appatomattox most of it as a divisional commander but also as a temporary corps commander.

Of course it could just not be used at all.

S!

Gray_Lensman

Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:25 pm

deleted

Eugene Carr
Colonel

Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:34 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:Okay, that's what I thought you was saying.... When would the USA O. Wilcox first show up as a Division leader, any idea?

Early September 1862 would be my guess.

http://virtualology.com/aporlandobolivarwillcox/

nb: its Willcox

S!

bburns9
Sergeant

Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:50 pm

Eugene Carr wrote:Early September 1862 would be my guess.

http://virtualology.com/aporlandobolivarwillcox/

nb: its Willcox

S!

That seems to jive with the few articles I found.

Also, while we're here (Gray - I know you have plenty you're already working on, but I wanted to put this up before I forget), I had two other follow up items on CSA Generals. I'll post the specifics in a separate post in this thread when I can get the unit #'s you're requesting.
Find out what Grant drinks and send a barrel of it to each of my other generals! - A. Lincoln

bburns9
Sergeant

Two other Items

Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:05 pm

While doing my CSA list, I had two additional items for follow up. I'm by no means an expert on generals (Eugene you might be able to assist here), but I wanted to bring these items up in the event they do need correction.

1. C. Field & Charles W. Field - Are these the same general? Or was there another C. Field (I could not locate any information for any CSA general with "C. Field" other than Charles W. Field)

C. Field (UID: 993; uni_CSA_CField) arrives first in Richmond with 63' Division Generals in January 1863

Charles W. Field (UID: 794; uni_CSA_Field) arrives in Richmond with 64' Generals Pool in January 1864

2. T. Church - Should this be T. Churchill? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_J._Churchill

UID: 1001; uni_CSA_Church

I could not find a CSA general with T. Church, but found a few for T (Thomas) Churchill.
Find out what Grant drinks and send a barrel of it to each of my other generals! - A. Lincoln

Eugene Carr
Colonel

Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:10 pm

bburns9 wrote:While doing my CSA list, I had two additional items for follow up. I'm by no means an expert on generals (Eugene you might be able to assist here), but I wanted to bring these items up in the event they do need correction.

1. C. Field & Charles W. Field - Are these the same general? Or was there another C. Field (I could not locate any information for any CSA general with "C. Field" other than Charles W. Field)

C. Field (UID: 993; uni_CSA_CField) arrives first in Richmond with 63' Division Generals in January 1863

Charles W. Field (UID: 794; uni_CSA_Field) arrives in Richmond with 64' Generals Pool in January 1864

2. T. Church - Should this be T. Churchill? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_J._Churchill

UID: 1001; uni_CSA_Church

I could not find a CSA general with T. Church, but found a few for T (Thomas) Churchill.

C. Field - I think these are the same general, I didnt realise they both appeared in the campaign. He had a brief independent command in 1862 and led Hoods old division in 1864 so for scenario purposes there might be a case for 2 variants.

Church v. Churchill I think you have this spot on.

S!

There's a portrait for him in the Graphics Mod thread

Goeland
Major

Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:18 pm

I begin in AACW and have doxnloaded the second file of this post.
Can you tell me what does mean the fact there is (for example) a Grant3, a Grant 4 etc. ?
What does mean VP, Pol, Strat ?

Thank you !

Franck
L'Intelligence Artificielle n'est rien à côté de la Connerie Naturelle...

bburns9
Sergeant

Models File

Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:37 pm

Goeland wrote:I begin in AACW and have doxnloaded the second file of this post.
Can you tell me what does mean the fact there is (for example) a Grant3, a Grant 4 etc. ?
What does mean VP, Pol, Strat ?

Thank you !

Franck

Goeland - First, I'm not a modder or an expert on this side of the game, but from what I understand, this is the database file that gives all of the units in AACW their traits/abilities/definitions.

Grant 3 defines Grant's abilities when he is a 3 star general (vs. 2 star at start or 4 star after promotion). Grant 4 is Grant as a 4 star.

VP = victory point cost (if you promote a leader with lower seniority). This is the factor that determines what cost you pay in VP.

Pol = political cost (if you promote a leader with lower seniority). This is the factor that determines what cost you pay in National Morale

Strat = Strategic rating of the general at the given rank

Hope that helps.

BB

[Edit] - By lower seniority above I mean has a higher value (i.e. promoting Grant with a seniority of 8 over John Fremont with a seniority of 5 will trigger the cost associated with the VP and Pol factors). Didn't want to confuse anyone.

arsan

Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:57 pm

Geoben,
Err... Nice avatar! :wacko:
I think i've seen it before... Where did you found it?? ;) :neener:

Goeland
Major

Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:59 pm

Thank you Bburns, it's clear, very clear !
I use the rules in french and some terms are a little differents, now it's better...

arsan wrote:Geoben,
Err... Nice avatar! :wacko:
I think i've seen it before... Where did you found it?? ;) :neener:

Hey, we've the same avatar !
I dunno, but probably on google-picture... I've two or three like this.
:)

Franck

Rafiki

Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:29 pm

Goeland wrote:Hey, we've the same avatar !
I dunno, but probably on google-picture... I've two or three like this.
:)

[color="Blue"]Though you are fairly free to choose your own avatar, having the same avatar as one of the forum moderators will only be the cause of confusion somewhere down the line. Since you have one or two others like it, you should change to one of them :)

Best regards,
Rafiki
Forum admin[/color]
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Gray_Lensman

Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:37 pm

deleted

arsan

Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:52 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:Yeah, it does kinda look like arsan is conversing with himself... :D

I do... from time to time... but not on the forums ;) :D

Goeland,
Yes, i would appreciate if you would use a different avatar. :)
Playmobil themes are cool, but having the exact same one is confusing :confused:
Don't know where you got it, but its strange they look exactly the same as i did my own avatar cropping it myself from a bigger picture (that you can see in my profile).
Its not a stock avatar :confused:
Cheers!

Goeland
Major

Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:07 pm

Wow !!! I didn't think it would be such a trouble !... :confused:
In fact I've never seen such a discussion in any forum on any subject.

:tournepas :tournepas

arsan

Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:16 pm

It doesn't seem such a strange asking to me :confused:
There are a nearly infinite number of avatars around to choose from.
No reason to use another member one... in the same forum. :bonk:

But thanks anyway :)

Gray_Lensman

Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:33 pm

deleted

nytram01
Conscript

Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:14 pm

Just wondering why Richard Taylor and Jubal Early aren't in the list of Army Generals for the game.

Taylor commanded the Army of Western Louisiana from its formation in 1862 to his fall out with Edmund Kirby Smith in June 1864 after which he was transfered to Alabama and became commander of the Army of Tennessee - whatever part of that went South to him and not East to Joe Johnston.

Early commanded the Army of the Valley throughout the Summer and Autumn of 1864. During this time he invaded the North and put Washington DC under fire. He contested the Valley there after and scored at least one major victory (at 2nd Kernstown) before routing the Federals at Cedar Creek only to fail to exploit his early victory and be defeated by the resurgent Federals.

On another note John George Walker commanded the Army of Western Louisiana from June 1864 to it's surrender on May 26th 1865.

arsan

Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:26 pm

Hi

Taylor and Early are both in the game! :thumbsup:
Why do you say they ar not in?? maybe you are looking at an outdated/incomplete generals list??
Not sure about Walker...

nytram01
Conscript

Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:04 pm

arsan wrote:Hi

Taylor and Early are both in the game! :thumbsup:
Why do you say they ar not in?? maybe you are looking at an outdated/incomplete generals list??
Not sure about Walker...

I know they're in the game. I was saying that they weren't in the list of Army Generals.

arsan

Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:20 pm

Oh! you mean they have no 3*** version?? :confused:
For what i've read they in fact commanded so called "Armies" but they would not amount to more than a corps in the best of cases :bonk:
I think a ** rating is enough for them.

slimey.rock
Major

Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:53 pm

With 1.14 both of them should be promotable to 3*

A feature I very much agree with.

Gray_Lensman

Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:20 pm

deleted

George McClellan
Captain
Location: " If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere!"